Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun sent a few very clear messages to the football world yesterday.

• We’re ****ed financially. Our cash flow is so bad that we’ll somehow pay Lopetegui and his staff off rather than continue to pay their wages. So our cash flow is ****ed now and it’s not going to improve any time soon
  • If we make offers for your players, feel free to laugh at them. We’re only doing it to stop the fans bitching
  • Every player we have is for sale. We need the money, so don’t worry about low offers
  • Oh, and help yourself to our best backroom staff. Medical, analysts, recruitment. They're not going to stay at a club with no ambition and yep, we need to save the wages.

In truth, the signs have been there for a while. The problems of companies live Evergrande in China, borrowing from that Aussie bank at 9% when base rate was 0.5% and – above all – the fact that they can’t afford a few can of paint for the stadium

Madmalc

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the bookies will pay out?
Was he the first manager to be removed from his post this season, or the last one fr9m last season?
Or will the bo9kies just return the bets as he became a non runner?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A thought;

Maybe Fosun were reluctant to pander to JL‘s requests for more financial backing that we couldn’t have afforded, if they had the inclination he was angling for a way out anyway.

Would have been more money thrown away for him to inevitably leave us in the lurch further down the line.

His average managerial span is around 20 months. Says it all really.
We’ll soon see whether players are now brought in, or if further sales are made first before a few loans/frees are finally allowed? If you were a betting man lol?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A thought;

Maybe Fosun were reluctant to pander to JL‘s requests for more financial backing that we couldn’t have afforded, if they had the inclination he was angling for a way out anyway.

Would have been more money thrown away for him to inevitably leave us in the lurch further down the line.

If there was any financial backing available do you think we’d be hiring Gary O Neil?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
We’ll soon see whether players are now brought in, or if further sales are made first before a few loans/frees are finally allowed? If you were a betting man lol?
I personally think we are running with what we‘ve got. I don’t see any sales of a sizeable magnitude happening and probably a central defender on loan is all we will see come in now.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both of them would be done if their teams accepted our bids which included money in the future, instead of right now.

It's clear that we're just not spending this much this summer. The rumour of a 50 million profit floated around forever.
Maybe it floated back to China.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally think we are running with what we‘ve got. I don’t see any sales of a sizeable magnitude happening and probably a central defender on loan is all we will see come in now.
Why send some of the better youngsters out on loan. Cundle etc maybe needed sooner rather than later.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
He’s gone then didn’t see that coming… Expect more player sales unfortunately

Thank you Julen Lopetegui you kept us up!!
I bet there won't be any more sales apart from Podence. Tbf everything you have said has been totally wrong. If they knew he wasn't committed, no way were they signing players.

We will see who is right.

T

TheConcourse

And used his mouthpiece to put himself forward for the spurs job
Funny, I don’t remember that happening.

I do remember him raising concerns about cash, and then being reassured that there is some and sticking around.

Keep making things up though if it suits your agenda.

Guarantee JL walks into a much bigger project than Wolves. He doesn’t need to prove anything here. Demonstrated by the fact we’re about to unveil a nobody as his replacement.

T

TheConcourse

A thought;

I guess we’ll see when Fosun splash the cash with GON.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People seem to be in one of two camps.

Lopetegui have engineered this as he wants out.
Fosun have effectively engineered this as they do not/cannot invest any money into the squad ahead of the new season.

I can accept either viewpoint but the fact Fosun are having to scrape the proverbial barrel to get get Gary O'Neil in would suggest we have no money at all and were never going to keep a manager like Lopetegui happy.
i’m in both, it’s not always so black and white. plenty of blame to go around with fosun ultimately culpible and the Primark Mourinho a disgrace with how he’s acted. he never wanted to be here.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not siding with Shi.. just dislike Lopetegui and the way he made it all about his career. I am not gonna hold him to heart as a man of character who wanted the best for this club.. and pretend he has behaved like an honourable man. He took a big pay check, he saw this wasn’t the job he was hoping for and took off at first sign of trouble.

Why do people have to take sides? There are two dicks in my soup and I never asked for one.
precisely this and it is the Lopetegui thread too!

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
Yay this season is turning into a great one already. I can't wait until we are bottom by January.

Can we play Luton every week as that's about our level. One thing is for sure, that letter by Jeff Shi has aged worse than last year's clotted cream.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of blame to distribute around for this veritable mess.
Main portion of it must be laid at the door of Jeff Shi though.
It is seldom a good idea to lie alternatively fail to communicate the truth to the manager in charge at the proper time.
It is certainly not too much to ask the chairman of the club succeding in doing this.
Actually,it is a basic requirement.

I don´t think that Lopetegui is totally blameless...but there is simply no way Jeff Shi can run away for his main part of the blame here.

Jeff Shi is a minus for the club.He should get sacked immediately.The guy just cannot cope,can he?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
You suggested that they didn’t back JL because they felt like he was angling for a move away.

Let’s see how the thesis plays out when GON arrives. My feeling is they won’t back a guy who will be gone after 6 games.
Christ, I really do have to spell it out.

It was evident there was no money for JL and even to keep him around(a guy they courted for 6 years) Fosun were not prepared to fall foul of whatever financial constraints they have placed themselves under just to appease him. (The pay out is the lesser of 2 evils financially concerning Fosun.)

Not once did I imply the cheque book will now be opened for the next man up now JL is gone. There is still no money.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Funny, I don’t remember that happening.

I do remember him raising concerns about cash, and then being reassured that there is some and sticking around.

Keep making things up though if it suits your agenda.

Guarantee JL walks into a much bigger project than Wolves. He doesn’t need to prove anything here. Demonstrated by the fact we’re about to unveil a nobody as his replacement.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It felt to me that Lopetegui was looking for a way out for a few weeks. I imagine people within the club may have felt the same. Who actually knows though? Certainly not me.

It’s a complete **** show.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Agbonlahor laughing at us on the radio just now saying we're as good as down. For once he's right.
I’m not a fan of him but we’ve been mocking his team after finishing above them something like 3 times in 40 years so we might need to suck it up for a while until we overtake them again.

I have a feeling O’Neill might surprise a few. It won’t be pretty but we only need to be better than 3 teams to stay up. Mid table isn’t out of the question

Back
Top Bottom