Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very telling that hobbs wrote the exit statement. No words from shi. And JL didnt mention shi or fosun. I reckon hibbs will leave too

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good and reasonably balanced article in the Mail about today’s departure, our finances and chances for next season. Blame alluded to for both JL and the Wolves hierarchy.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Also, of course, I want to thank the players"

And repays them by walking out 6 sleeps before the season opener.

Lopetegui plays League of Legends, confirmed. Biggest troll alive.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
lol... you don't get to stay at Real Madrid if you get to spend 100 million in a month and then get less than 1.5 PPM.
Context is important. 100m for Real Madrid isn’t earth shattering. Also he was only there for about 14 games I believe. Surely his body of work at other clubs where he stayed for substantial periods of time gives a better reflection of his abilities as a manager,

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Context is important. 100m for Real Madrid isn’t earth shattering. Also he was only there for about 14 games I believe. Surely his body of work at other clubs where he stayed for substantial periods of time gives a better reflection of his abilities as a manager,
100m is what he spent on players, the entire team was worth almost 1 billion according to transfmarkt.

And he was there for 14 games because he ****ing blew chunks. They announced him for 3 seasons and he didn't even make it 1/2 way through one season.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lopetegui is the biggest ****er in the history of Wolves, up there with Hoddle. He never really wanted to be here, he only accepted the job to further his own ambitions to bring himself to the attention of 'bigger' clubs in the premier league. We were a stepping stone for him, we signed players he wanted and he has shafted them with his egotistical posturing. He has engineered a way out of something he was never committed to in the first place. The guy is a *****, **** him.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
"Also, of course, I want to thank the players"

And repays them by walking out 6 sleeps before the season opener.

Lopetegui plays League of Legends, confirmed. Biggest troll alive.
How can you blame JL. He has been messed about and even stayed so there was continuity with the new manager.

I know it might not seem like it now but I think he has handled himself as well as can be expected.

Let’s try and let him leave on good terms. Maybe a thank you letter from the fans would be a good gesture?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can you blame JL. He has been messed about and even stayed so there was continuity with the new manager.

I know it might not seem like it now but I think he has handled himself as well as can be expected.

Let’s try and let him leave on good terms. Maybe a thank you letter from the fans would be a good gesture?
Because I find it classless to leave your players 6 days before a season begins. Or even if he wanted to leave at the Celtic game, 2 weeks. He should have left 2 months ago.

If you're a wrestling fan, I'd compare him to CM Punk.

He left over us not buying Alex Scott, lol. That's legit hilarious.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
100m is what he spent on players, the entire team was worth almost 1 billion according to transfmarkt.

And he was there for 14 games because he ****ing blew chunks. They announced him for 3 seasons and he didn't even make it 1/2 way through one season.
Let’s judge him on 14 games where they were unbeaten in 8 of them rather than far lengthier spells at Seville and Porto. Seems like you’re angry and not looking objectively.

Ebbo

Reaction score
Not being funny. but how long have I been your mate? Lol
I know, it’s pretty much what you were saying all along too isn’t it?

As my mate in Seville supports Spurs and Betis since moving over there, it seems unlikely you’re the same person

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we signed a few players now. I think they made their mind up after the Balague interview that Lopetegui wouldn't get any more money. Maybe they have waited until he's gone. Doubt it though. My biggest fear is now that we sell some key players like Nunes or RAN.
With extra costs in paying off JLs staff?

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He oversaw the biggest ever spend at Porto and failed to win anything as well. Got sacked in his second season for underperforming. Burned his bridges at international level, getting sacked before a major tournament. Only lasted 14 games with Real Madrid.

The Europa League win with Sevilla is his only real accomplishment of note in senior football. It is difficult to call him elite when he really only had one major success.

He's a very good coach, but he isn't at the level of someone like Unai Emery.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
lol "omg he's Canadian, he knows nothing about soccer"

Good riddance to him. I will support whoever we bring in because this is a very talented squad still.
I’d say and will say the same to anyone who shares the same opinion as what you stated, but whatever floats your boat mate.

This is down to Jeff lying about the situation to keep a manager, nothing else.

& Yes, before you mention it, I shall be supporting the team and whoever we bring in, starting with my trip to Utd next Monday

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because I find it classless to leave your players 6 days before a season begins. Or even if he wanted to leave at the Celtic game, 2 weeks. He should have left 2 months ago.

If you're a wrestling fan, I'd compare him to CM Punk.

He left over us not buying Alex Scott, lol. That's legit hilarious.
He stayed on back in May only because he was promised signings, in the end they haven’t happened as the goalposts have been moved more than once now.

Who is to blame, Lopetegui, or the person that lied to him then about the backing he’d receive if he’d stay that turned out to be complete waffle?

I’m genuinely being serious, please enlighten me as to how Lopetegui is the bad guy here. Yes he’s mutually agreed to leave the club, but we all know what’s occurred to get us to this point and who the person behind it is….

He said back in May he’d only stay on if he’d got some signings - Shi lying about this and then presuming he wouldn’t have the cojones to try and force his way out once it’s apparent that backing wasn’t going to happen is the hilarious part. Naivety beyond it’s description

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we've seen that he is right?

Lopetegui is saying we can't sign players, and we aren't signing players. There's no reason to disbelieve him until new signings arrive.
Right on everything.? He took on a job which involved not only him but other parties aswell.
He is an experienced manager and should have known enough to have asked the right questions to research the possibilities involved in the job.
Things can change in any job and if you are a one man band fair enough but when you make decisions that affect many others that is very different. Any that is painting him as some kind of victim must have ignored his history.
As usual it is us fans who end up as being on the losing side. But it is not just Fosun who have been the sole bad guys in this badly handled escapade. Oh for some owner who can get the best out of this club.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, it’s pretty much what you were saying all along too isn’t it?

As my mate in Seville supports Spurs and Betis since moving over there, it seems unlikely you’re the same person

Was joking.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I blame Fosun first, then Lopetegui. Fosun wouldn't release any funds, despite knowing that we would risk Lopetegui walking. I think that they moved the goalposts due to financial and political reasons, not Shi being obtuse or the financial team not knowing what they're doing. Clearly, the upper management at Wolves (e.g., Hobbs) did not know what Fosun would do as they drew up several different transfer plans and had some good targets. Maybe the lack of communication is Shi's fault, but I don't think there was much he could do--I actually think that he was pleading the case to Fosun. Now, one could argue that it really could be laid at the feet of poor decisions (led by Shi) over the last two years that came back to bite the club this year...and that would probably be a fair argument. But, hindsight is a lot clearer than foresight...

On the other hand, I don't like how Lopetegui handled the issue in the media. Presumably, Nuno had disagreements as well - but it was handled professionally and behind closed doors, like it should be. This is respectful to the club and the fans. I think JL wanted to preserve his pay out in the end, because throwing your toys out of the pram for a backup CB and for a non-starting 19 year-old attacking midfielder with potential doesn't seem to add up to me, tbh. I actually think that this squad will compete and I'm disappointed that he didn't want to give a go and see what next summer would hold on the transfer front.

I'm really, really disappointed that this is happening less than a week before our opening match and pretty underwhelmed with Gary O'Neil...

Really going to pull for the lads, though. Up the Wolves!

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui is the biggest ****er in the history of Wolves, up there with Hoddle. He never really wanted to be here, he only accepted the job to further his own ambitions to bring himself to the attention of 'bigger' clubs in the premier league. We were a stepping stone for him, we signed players he wanted and he has shafted them with his egotistical posturing. He has engineered a way out of something he was never committed to in the first place. The guy is a *****, **** him.

Well I never expected this above post!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So would you say you don't like him

Wilf

Reaction score
My Grandad, who stood on the South Bank and watched the 'Champions of the World', used to say

"The Wolves ay doin too good am they? But it dow matter as long as the Baggies lose" then would bet 5p on Wolves to win and 5p on Baggies to lose, every week, without fail.

Don't worry, we'll be ok. :)

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So would you say you don't like him
never met the guy but if he's not prepared to take what seems to me a fairly decent squad into a premier league campaign for lack, apparently, of signing some guy from Bristol City who the MM jury is out on anyway and who has never kicked a ball in the EPL, when he has signed up to a very lucrative contract to do so then he is lacking in some very fundamental qualities that go to make up a man of integrity and principle

the squad we have is capable of running a successful season in my view, we're not going to win the league but nobody would expect us to; on the other hand I personally doubt we will be relegated and then we go again and build over time, it's the way it works, at least for most clubs but not for the unrecognised genius-in-waiting that is Julen Lopetegui it seems

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
never met the guy but if he's not prepared to take what seems to me a fairly decent squad into a premier league campaign for lack, apparently, of signing some guy from Bristol City who the MM jury is out on anyway and who has never kicked a ball in the EPL, when he has signed up to a very lucrative contract to do so then he is lacking in some very fundamental qualities that go to make up a man of integrity and principle

the squad we have is capable of running a successful season in my view, we're not going to win the league but nobody would expect us to; on the other hand I personally doubt we will be relegated and then we go again and build over time, it's the way it works, at least for most clubs but not for the unrecognised genius-in-waiting that is Julen Lopetegui it seems
If you were made promises repeatedly by your boss, each offering you less, and even the final promise, which you had reluctantly accepted, did not come to pass would you continue to trust that boss and work there?

@sc91 in an earlier post reflected what most of us with any vestige of a spine would do....

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Struggling to collect my thoughts - don't really feel angry, just embarrassed by how badly run we are as a club. And O'Neil seems to be another rushed appointment in a very similar fashion to Lage and Zenger - hopefully I'm wrong. Surely Jeff's position must be questioned by Fosun - this complete ****-up (for which JL also shares the blame) isn't a one off, it's just latest in a long line.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were made promises repeatedly by your boss, each offering you less, and even the final promise, which you had reluctantly accepted, did not come to pass would you continue to trust that boss and work there?

@sc91 in an earlier post reflected what most of us with any vestige of a spine would do....
Re your first part…….
it would depend on why circumstances changed…….surely you would agree with that.

BTW, were any promises made to JL?……if the answer is in the affirmative would you be a good chap and post a link. Something official from Wolves, JL’s official camp or his agent please.

I assure you, I’m not winding you up…I would like to know the truth/facts. I’ve read so much different stuff on here I’m not sure exactly who or what to believe.

My compass when reading the Mix is to remind myself that we only know .00034% on what actually is the real story at Wolves.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m pretty confident that the ‘bigger’ PL clubs were already aware of who Julen was. Take a look at his CV and the profile of the roles he had.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I don’t understand this …didn’t he quit ? Nobody wanted him to leave…I assumed the compensation was to wolves for breach of contract and leaving without three months notice? Did he actually outmaneuver Shi and force them to fire him? And pay him?What a grifter …and as for the lies I believe circumstances change and you can’t just leave unless your employer breaches the contact….even at my level three months notice is required…three days before 5he season is really hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugrats

Reaction score
He’s gone - it’s spilt milk now. Focus all your attention on the ludicrously short sighted appointment of Gary O’Neil! A man not good enough for ‘kin Bournemouth!

I predict a horrible revolving door of panic stations managers appointments.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree completely. Amazing to me how much stick Fosun and Jeff are getting today when Julen is clearly the giant **** in the room.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand this …didn’t he quit ? Nobody wanted him to leave…I assumed the compensation was to wolves for breach of contract and leaving without three months notice? Did he actually outmaneuver Shi and force them to fire him? And pay him?What a grifter …and as for the lies I believe circumstances change and you can’t just leave unless your employer breaches the contact….even at my level three months notice is required…three days before 5he season is really hard.
When I joined my last company, 3 months notice was negotiated, it was kept confidential and I completed one project and prepared a second for proper hand over.

And I was not at the level of Lopetegui, top manager should give longer and prepare for a proper hand off.

Regardless of the measure of blame to either party, did Lopetegui show any consideration to wolves, the players, or the fans or just himself?
When excusing his part in this debacle ask yourself that question.

Back
Top Bottom