Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really is quite stunning isn't it? Recruit a coach you have wanted for a while, tell him you want to be in the top half of the Prem, tell him you want to be competing in Europe and then fail to give him the tools to do so and be surprised when he says something in public.

For his part, he has showed himself to be unprofessional with his public comments. Far better to stay stum and then resign your position far in advance of the new season starting.

The whole fiasco is unprofessional but one thing is for sure, the Fosun plan has fallen to bits and there is no chance we are getting back to the feel good days we had under Nuno. So sad and so many mistakes have been made.

It's part of football though so we move on with a very uncertain future and what looks like a very long season ahead. Can't imagine what the players must be thinking now.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if what he said is true - and it probably is - he still should have seen the season out.

Shi should be fired for successive poor financial decisions and appointments but he doesn't control the money. Clearly Fosun's plan is to do the bear minimum they can and perhaps at this point we can expect to see another fundraising sale since Lop and a new manager is no longer an issue.

Fosun need to sell up asap - they can't afford us any more and they're seriously risking all their investment. In fact, they should have sold up at the end of last season.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL has proven himself to be every bit the mercenary that was suggested prior to his appointment.

He kept us up against the odds but, alas, the fact he has quit now, instead of months ago, says a huge deal about the man.

He leaves us in a much better position than the one in which he found us but it's hard to feel anything but anger towards him.

I'm sure that there will be a Ballague exclusive interview within a day detailing how he is the good guy.

The balance of probability suggests he was told false information but the manner in which he conducted himself was poor.

Fosun deserve a lot of ire too.

We probably will stay up as it's a poor league and we have a decent team but Fosun seem to be doing their level best to stop that
Sorry, the ire should be directed at Shi; he is responsible for mis-managing the finances to put us in this position, and we have lost a world class manager as a result.
JL may not be very likeable but he is a winner, kept us up against the odds, and got us playing good football in this pre-season. IMHO we would have done well this Eason with JL in charge.
Shi’s job was to manage the finances and he failed.
JL’s job was to manage the football side and he was doing that in spades.
It is obvious to me who should go, and I am bloody angry it is not Shi.
I am now worried for our future in the PL.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balague take of course painting a picture that leaves JL looking the innocent party,however I think the proof in the pudding will be where we are at the end of the window as the claim is we can’t even bring in free transfers now…… So if by the time the window shuts we haven’t strengthened further then we know who is pulling a fast one and who isn’t I guess.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
if We could only sign free transfers, what were the Scott/Elvedi bids?

I was told because we had received more than anticipated for Neves, there may be some additional leeway on signings in the range stated by Hobbs in his statement.

I wasn’t told about not even being allowed to sign free transfers so can’t comment on that. If that’s true, then things are much worse than even I thought!

Like I said earlier today, this was from one side of the argument so I am sure it is somewhat biased towards that side. I’d love to hear the club’s version of events (but fully understand we won’t).

But it does appear that goalposts have been moved on more than one occasion.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Balague take of course painting a picture that leaves JL looking the innocent party,however I think the proof in the pudding will be where we are at the end of the window as the claim is we can’t even bring in free transfers now…… So if by the time the window shuts we haven’t strengthened further then we know who is pulling a fast one and who isn’t I guess.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we signed a few players now. I think they made their mind up after the Balague interview that Lopetegui wouldn't get any more money. Maybe they have waited until he's gone. Doubt it though. My biggest fear is now that we sell some key players like Nunes or RAN.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is no doubt Lopetegui has been a prat with this whole episode but the buck stops with Shi, he's completely incompetent.
Let's look at his appointments, Zenga, got lucky with Nuno then got rid of him, Lage, Lopetegui.
Rumours a club is chasing Hobbs who was a decent appointment. Shi is a clown, should go.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sounds like a trial where only the defence is allowed to present their argument.
And the case for the prosecution is quite alarming though.
Now he has gone I am glad but I wish he had taken Shi with him.
But we've seen that he is right?

Lopetegui is saying we can't sign players, and we aren't signing players. There's no reason to disbelieve him until new signings arrive.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Sorry, the ire should be directed at Shi; he is responsible for mis-managing the finances to put us in this position, and we have lost a world class manager as a result.
JL may not be very likeable but he is a winner, kept us up against the odds, and got us playing good football in this pre-season. IMHO we would have done well this Eason with JL in charge.
Shi’s job was to manage the finances and he failed.
JL’s job was to manage the football side and he was doing that in spades.
It is obvious to me who should go, and I am bloody angry it is not Shi.
I am now worried for our future in the PL.
World class? Stop it!… if he was world class he’d never have need come here… he has no class.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep licking the boots of FOSUN from all the way in Canada mate.

This is all on Jeff for lying about the situation to keep him on back in May…
lol "omg he's Canadian, he knows nothing about soccer"

Good riddance to him. I will support whoever we bring in because this is a very talented squad still.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have enough in our 16 players to be fine but a few injuries and we are absolutely in the mire.
You can't really believe they'll all be here v United . JL has gone due to no additions to the squad . Now Gary ONeil who wasn't good enough to be kept by Bournemouth is incoming and you think we have " enough " ? We really haven't !

Quicksilver

Reaction score
He reminds me of Conte @ Spurs, , every interview he did, moan moan moan, until there'd had enough.

Both Parties haven't come out of this at all well. he should have gone straight after the Balague interview, at the latest.

Whoever is the next manager, lets all get behind him

Last edited:

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate, maybe Shi isn't the antichrist in all this. He doesn't own Fosun, he is just an employee. If Fosun decide there in no more money then there's not a lot he can do. Doesn't exclude him from blame for his many **** ups though.

What I don't understand is, if Fosun are in financial difficulties why don't they put us up for sale. Premier league teams seem to get sold for stupid money at the moment, but they will lose millions if we get relegated.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever he was told , whatever he believes he was told, stuff happens in life
You get on with it the best you can (until next summer if what I have read, FFP wise,is correct)
You don't leave a group you have worked with in the lurch however much you feel things haven’t panned out.
Hope that the players knew (2 weeks ago if that's when JL said he was off but would wait for replacement) and will still give it there all.
Think both sides have let themselves down but it's done,no point dwelling on it, let's move on... support the new guy and especially support the team.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, I imagine that they are. But there's ways of acting when you're under contract and he fell well short of it.

Evidently a great manager but a real real let down in how he dealt with media and how he aired his dirty laundry in public. If it was going to play out this way, I don't for the life of me know why he didn't just quit weeks ago.

Instead he releases a statement about his love for Wolves and then leaves us in the lurch.

I think Fosun should sell the club and I've thought this for a while but I'm astounded at the lack of respect that is apparent in the Lopetegui/Balague double act
I’m certainly in the camp which believes Fosun have caused this mess but JLo’s ego has been seen far too often, including histrionics on the touch line which became negative ultimately. I’ll give respect for saving us from relegation but when it comes to leaving us exposed six days before a new season I’m disgusted. After the crocodile tears he’ll have forgotten us within the week…

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate, maybe Shi isn't the antichrist in all this. He doesn't own Fosun, he is just an employee. If Fosun decide there in no more money then there's not a lot he can do. Doesn't exclude him from blame for his many **** ups though.

What I don't understand is, if Fosun are in financial difficulties why don't they put us up for sale. Premier league teams seem to get sold for stupid money at the moment, but they will lose millions if we get relegated.
Exactly, it's Fosun that need to be looked at. Jeff is just the spokesman and has been let down just as much as JL

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who’s choosing O Neil because I seriously doubt it’s Fosun.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You read that and think he’s slagging off the players we have?

He’s saying we’ve sold a **** load of players and now I’ve been told we’re not bringing anyone in. The squad as a whole is nowhere near what it was last year.
Come off it. We sold a boat load of deadwood that he barely used. We're a CB away from having 2 in every position. I'd have liked a CM too as I don't rate Hodge but even as it is, this isn't a squad that should be getting relegated, which is what he's implying in that statement.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting.

"Talks have been ongoing in recent weeks, held with the utmost respect and cordiality, affording the club time and space to begin work on finding a successor, while also ensuring that Julen and his backroom staff could continue their planned preparation to ensure the playing squad would be in the best possible condition for the start of the Premier League season."

I am sure I just saw a pig fly past my window!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Shi is getting loads and deserves it for considering O'Neil. But the story suggests the money situation has been changed by Fosun or maybe the CCP, so perhaps Shi didn't lie.
No one comes out of this looking good, certainly not Shi or JL.
But whoever comes in they need to at least get decent performances in the first couple of tough games.
For those worried about player attitudes, I've known a few and can tell you most aren't too worried about managers unless they're the absolute cream. For players managers come and go. I don't think we'll see a mass exodus in the next few weeks. If we are in serious trouble come January that might change.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inevitable after the Balague interview. Wolves couldn't afford to take the chance and keep a manager not committed, like Seville did last year.
Lopetegui has played a blinder, everyone getting the blame but him. Everyone lied but him, as usual.
Last year Seville were in disarray, when he caused the same discord as he has done here. Their only mistake was not getting rid of him at the beginning of the season.

Back
Top Bottom