Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL has proven himself to be every bit the mercenary that was suggested prior to his appointment.

He kept us up against the odds but, alas, the fact he has quit now, instead of months ago, says a huge deal about the man.

He leaves us in a much better position than the one in which he found us but it's hard to feel anything but anger towards him.

I'm sure that there will be a Ballague exclusive interview within a day detailing how he is the good guy.

The balance of probability suggests he was told false information but the manner in which he conducted himself was poor.

Fosun deserve a lot of ire too.

We probably will stay up as it's a poor league and we have a decent team but Fosun seem to be doing their level best to stop that
Any decent pkayer will want out now . Doubt anyone will want to come ........we're in a boat load of trouble . Relegation probables now .

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balague:

Lopetegui told me a few days back that when he first arrived the club had told him that, if he managed to save Wolves from relegation last season, he would be able to sign players, not the most expensive ones, but young and talented players. It was an exciting prospect.

At the end of the season he was told this was not the case, but he could recruit players on free transfers. He had to consider his position but finally accepted that was the new target and challenge.

Then, as is public after the club wrote a statement, he was told that even this was not possible and that he could sign nobody.

Lopetegui's frustration results from the fact that he believes Wolves bosses moved the goalposts twice.

This is a manager who has coached Spain and Real Madrid, and won a European title for Sevilla.

He thought being in the Premier League was the next step to take in that stellar career but feels the club has gone backwards.

He told me in the interview that he had absolutely no problem with those that run the club day to day.

But I have the impression that the people who take the final decisions at Wolves were not telling him the full picture.

Obviously it is now a project for another manager.

Lopetegui believesWolves haven't taken full advantage of what he brings and haven't given him the opportunity to use his talent, contacts and worth to improve the squad, and make Wolves a regular top-10 club with hopes of Europe, which is what he was told when he chose to leave a personal situation behind to manage them.

Wolves have had time to look for a replacement as I am sure conversations about his future have taken place for a while.

Lopetegui managed to prepare the team in a solid pre-season, but one that has shown also an alarming lack of depth.

---

Couldn't even sign free transfers!!

That's a depressing read

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balague:

Lopetegui told me a few days back that when he first arrived the club had told him that, if he managed to save Wolves from relegation last season, he would be able to sign players, not the most expensive ones, but young and talented players. It was an exciting prospect.

At the end of the season he was told this was not the case, but he could recruit players on free transfers. He had to consider his position but finally accepted that was the new target and challenge.

Then, as is public after the club wrote a statement, he was told that even this was not possible and that he could sign nobody.

Lopetegui's frustration results from the fact that he believes Wolves bosses moved the goalposts twice.

This is a manager who has coached Spain and Real Madrid, and won a European title for Sevilla.

He thought being in the Premier League was the next step to take in that stellar career but feels the club has gone backwards.

He told me in the interview that he had absolutely no problem with those that run the club day to day.

But I have the impression that the people who take the final decisions at Wolves were not telling him the full picture.

Lopetegui believesWolves haven't taken full advantage of what he brings and haven't given him the opportunity to use his talent, contacts and worth to improve the squad, and make Wolves a regular top-10 club with hopes of Europe, which is what he was told when he chose to leave a personal situation behind to manage them.

Wolves have had time to look for a replacement as I am sure conversations about his future have taken place for a while.

Lopetegui managed to prepare the team in a solid pre-season, but one that has shown also an alarming lack of depth.

---

That sounds like a trial where only the defence is allowed to present their argument.
And the case for the prosecution is quite alarming though.
Now he has gone I am glad but I wish he had taken Shi with him.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I imagine that they are. But there's ways of acting when you're under contract and he fell well short of it.

Evidently a great manager but a real real let down in how he dealt with media and how he aired his dirty laundry in public. If it was going to play out this way, I don't for the life of me know why he didn't just quit weeks ago.

Instead he releases a statement about his love for Wolves and then leaves us in the lurch.

I think Fosun should sell the club and I've thought this for a while but I'm astounded at the lack of respect that is apparent in the Lopetegui/Balague double act
Yeah, he went about it all wrong, totally unprofessional and I am in no way condoning how he acted, but, I do empathize with him.

Overall, it's worrying, the taps are truly off whilst the prices are high for the fans.

Thanks Fosun, please sell us, please move on.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Balague:

---

This is Julens PR mate
It’s not close to being objective he never is

So when the window closes we will see
If any loans or free come in

If not
Well frankly this is FFP plus
Which is FFP minimising spend, plus fosun recovering some cash

Right manager to keep us up
Wrong manager if within a budget
And they should have known that was to be the case

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score

if We could only sign free transfers, what were the Scott/Elvedi bids?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, he went about it all wrong, totally unprofessional and I am in no way condoning how he acted, but, I do empathize with him.

Overall, it's worrying, the taps are truly off whilst the prices are high for the fans.

Thanks Fosun, please sell us, please move on.
Agreed on both points. Can't blame for Balague for wanting out if the goalposts have moved so dramatically.

But I won't miss his media circus. It was very boring very quickly

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balague:

---

Shi is a liar, he needs calling out by the fans.

Reaction score
Absolutely gutted. Have been very pro Fosun since they arrived, but they have to shoulder a lot of the blame for me. They went 'all in' for the January window with no look to the future. They must have known we'd have been in the brown stuff this summer by spending so much, it just smacks of desperation, you can't run a football club like that

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
FOSUN waited 6 years to get the manager they wanted, who proved his pedigree by keeping us in the Premier League and he’s gone after 8 months!

Our Midland neighbours will be crowing!

You can’t make it up.
Wolves, only Wolves. The gift that keeps giving..

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
It isn’t. But up until a week or so ago, there was still hope that we might be able to bring in the likes of Scott and Elvedi. When it was confirmed that the goalposts had moved for a second time, it just became a stand-off as to how the situation would be resolved.
Besides Balague, has anyone else confirmed we moved the goalposts a second time?

He said the club told JL free transfers only in June. So if that’s true why did we submit bids for Elvedi/Scott? And why didn’t JL quit two months ago?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are a disgrace. They’ve truly ****ed us with this.

If the quotes are to be believed then it’s astounding that the club have identified Gary O’Neil as the outstanding candidate… I mean, who the **** else do you have to be looking at for Gary ****ing O’Neil to be the outstanding candidate?!

I hope Fosun just sell up and **** off now.

Back
Top Bottom