Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that’s possible yes, but for that to be true we would have to believe that paying him to leave (and replacing him with someone cheap and cheerful) is better than him still being there and grumpy.

And I don’t understand that thinking, given he’s clearly been grumpy for months and we have had a pretty good pre-season…
Good points, but perhaps they thought about what happened at his previous club when he was unhappy there.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been put on this thread already but imo Sean Stanton sums up completely the way Jeff has put JLo in this situation to leave.

Great article

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone want to join my alternative reality where O'Neil will turn out a genius appointment? I mean, you never know! To start me off, I'm going to choose to believe that his football was only turgid because of the players he had to work with, and his brief to keep them up at all costs. (After all, that's not far off what Lopetegui did!)

jeb01

Reaction score
Yeah, but you can walk away from the ownership that is currently in place.
Yes, and I’m sorry to play the old fogey card, but some on here have seen some very dodgy owners and equally dodgy managers over the years. In fact too many to mention without raising blood pressure even higher.
But we’re still here, and this will pass as all the other crises did.
What really disappoints me is that we are just two or three players off a really competitive team in the top division.
We said the same about the 1970’s team and a great opportunity went begging.
We had clowns in charge then, and do now.
Yet we will survive and prosper.
Give the new guy a chance.
It’s what we do.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. It was late when I was listening to it. He said decisions being made above Shi's head and Fosun too. Definitely back in China. I thought he said something about a £125m loss. Maybe underwriting it rather than writing off but something they are not prepared to do now. Certainly got the impression FFP, whilst something we still need to keep on eye on, was not the major reason for a tightening of purse strings.
And who is responsible for that £125M loss?
Jeff Shi, thats who.
And yet he is the one seemingly still with a job at Wolves.
“Unbelievable, Jeff”!!!!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want a go on Margot Robbie but thems the breaks. He took the job to firstly save us from relegation, that was achieved, but the financial situation changed and he has to wait a year at best to be able to spend significant amounts. He could have used this season to cement his style and tactics, to provide the foundation and then pushed for the top 8 next season with some reinforcements. Or he walks away, that he seemingly wants to be paid off is a joke
Why is it always Margot Robbie? She seems to be the Mol Mix only choice in this type of analogy. Can't we come up with some new out of reach idealised sex symbols. I think I'm bored of Margot already.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone want to join my alternative reality where O'Neil will turn out a genius appointment? I mean, you never know! To start me off, I'm going to choose to believe that his football was only turgid because of the players he had to work with, and his brief to keep them up at all costs. (After all, that's not far off what Lopetegui did!)
I'm there mate, up the Gary

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Well said T`imber! Some of us have known far worse times. If I were Jeff I would go out tomorrow and buy Alex Scott. What we save on Lopetegui and his huge team in wages will more than pay for Scott!!
I know you’re joking, but the lack of a manager seriously dents any chance of credible players joining Wolves before the end of the window.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on - where’s the official word or statement? Why keep it hanging like this if it’s done as so many are reporting?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Alex Neil
The new bloke at Leicester
Schumacher at Plymouth
Daniel Farke
The guy that’s just gone to Saints
Mark Robins
Michael Carrick

I’d take them all in preference to O’Neil
And they’re all managing in the Championship

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the Beeb article:

The club have known for sometime that Lopetegui, 56, wanted to quit Molineux before the new season started.

Talks held today over the Spaniard's exit from the club have been amicable.

If that's the case, surely the players would have been aware that this guy might not be here, so maybe we won't get the exodus some are predicting.
So on this basis the Jeff Shi letter was just spin and lies.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Alex Neil
Schumacher at Plymouth
Daniel Farke
Mark Robins
Michael Carrick

Mark Robins would be on my list too. Worked wonders under very difficult circumstances.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what’s been agreed for compensation, will we have to wait for the accounts to come out to see that?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what’s been agreed for compensation, will we have to wait for the accounts to come out to see that?
Prob be more than what we’ve spent oh the irony! Jeff playing hard ball saying we ain’t paying ****

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Alex Neil
Schumacher at Plymouth
Daniel Farke
Mark Robins
Michael Carrick

Jesus (not suggesting him) that's bleak. We've gone from shopping in Harrods to Poundland.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it always Margot Robbie? She seems to be the Mol Mix only choice in this type of analogy. Can't we come up with some new out of reach idealised sex symbols. I think I'm bored of Margot already.
Sienna Miller all day for me, mate! ;)

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen Lopitegui in his meeting today

Jeff "Whats your name"
JL "Julen Lopitegui"
Jeff "Can you spell it"
JL "You can stick the job up your ****ing ****"

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Neil
Schumacher at Plymouth
Daniel Farke
Mark Robins
Michael Carrick

The Ipswich guy
The 2 German coaches we were interested in last year...there's plenty more out there FAR, FAR better qualified to lead this group of players than GON.

Back
Top Bottom