Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some don't do themselves any favours with the comments posted on here about our proposed new manager (JL has not yet left (?) and GN not yet appointed). I can remember many comments along the same lines made about Nuno when he got the job... If appointed give the guy a fair chance (God knows what he would think if he logged in here). And IF things dont turn out well the criticism should be directed at Shi and not GN who no doubt will work his socks off. If he gets the job I will support him 100%.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The gaging order they’ll put in will be key. Otherwise JL may tell the truth.

I really can’t see how they’re going to break this news. They must know it’s going to go down like a cup of cold sick and no blowing air up peoples backsides is going to make it better.
It’s going to make the fan base turn instantly on the owners and manager of poor appointment

SuziQ

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone want to join my alternative reality where O'Neil will turn out a genius appointment? I mean, you never know! To start me off, I'm going to choose to believe that his football was only turgid because of the players he had to work with, and his brief to keep them up at all costs. (After all, that's not far off what Lopetegui did!)

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone want to join my alternative reality where O'Neil will turn out a genius appointment? I mean, you never know! To start me off, I'm going to choose to believe that his football was only turgid because of the players he had to work with, and his brief to keep them up at all costs. (After all, that's not far off what Lopetegui did!)
I will buy into that; why not? I've seen a lot of bad managers here in 60+ years turning up at the Mol (Cow Shed rules OK?)

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some don't do themselves any favours with the comments posted on here about our proposed new manager (JL has not yet left (?) and GN not yet appointed). I can remember many comments along the same lines made about Nuno when he got the job... If appointed give the guy a fair chance (God knows what he would think if he logged in here). And IF things dont turn out well the criticism should be directed at Shi and not GN who no doubt will work his socks off. If he gets the job I will support him 100%.
Of course just so you know the holiday we had planned in Florida, we have changed our minds and have decided to go to Pontins in Prestatyn, but no need to be upset we’ll have a great time.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Was rumours that Mouriniho wanted to leave Roma and didn’t lopetegui make a cryptic comment about managing Roma sooner than you think?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course just so you know the holiday we had planned in Florida, we have changed our minds and have decided to go to Pontins in Prestatyn, but no need to be upset we’ll have a great time.
But if you have a few days at the start of the holiday in Rhyl, might Prestatyn seem much better thereafter?! The new journey starts for all of us.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Fingers and everything else crossed. As I just said on the O'Neil alternatives thread I'm hoping he might suddenly turn into Pep mark 2 and prove me wrong. I'm an optimist by nature so I'm clinging onto any hope I can right now in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary! I think coming to terms with his appointment is my first step. Can't do that until it's official.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The gaging order they’ll put in will be key. Otherwise JL may tell the truth.

I really can’t see how they’re going to break this news. They must know it’s going to go down like a cup of cold sick and no blowing air up peoples backsides is going to make it better.
As l've said before try enforcing it outside the UK....

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I don't agree Fosun have handled the situation and running of the club well, this bloke, despite him being an excellent coach, has show himself to be a bit of a grub really. Lost a lot of respect for him the way he has handled this.

Don't really know why we aren't standing our ground. He's under contract, if he isnt happy he should walk. We shouldn't compensate him at all because he doesn't want the job any more. It's weak leadership imo.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have i missed an announcement about lops meeting and O'neils appointment or is all this based on the media rumour mill, If it is true then lets face facts, He has History for this scenario . Was going to be our manager then chose Spain, (sacked) real Madrid (sacked) Sevilla (sacked) turned us down then changed his mind and came to us. Doesn't exactly show commitment when not getting his own way does he.Personally i feel by dragging this out in the media he should be sacked whether or not the club lied to him.
JL's stock, if true, I hope is falling like lead out of the sky, but I guess he isn't going to die a poor man.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a question
How long have you been supporting wolves and have you experienced better periods of success than under fosun ?

Does not mean they aren’t making mistakes
Does not mean they aren’t changing goalposts

No But as someone who has watched us probably in an average position of 10th in the championship, I would say they have improved the clubs fortunes.

Yeah yeah championship that’s where we are going mate blah blah blah, keep bowing to fosun etc etc

I don’t and they are making mistakes in spending badly (more than our fair share of bad buys) and manager appointments aside from nuno have been poor. Lopetegui on a long term deal when year two plan was to not spend (or to be FFP constrained) was also ridiculous.

I just maybe carry a little context, perspective and realism as to where we are Vs where we’ve been. To compete as a top 7 club with our revenues and FFP was a miracle, one I’m happy to have seen.
40 years, and No - this has by far been the most successful period during all that time. I lived through the drudgery and disappointment of many years too, hence my customary gallows humour about it all. Fosun changed our fortunes.

However, I've always been consistent, and always said that Fosun do what's best for Fosun, not what's best for Wolves. Sometimes those two things align, but not always, and that's never been more obvious than now.

I'm not overly fussed about Lopetegui, managers come and go, but the prospective appointment of O'Neil is potentially crippling in the face of what Fosun have achieved.

I have very low expectations (because of those 40 years) and I hold no illusions about top 7 challenges or big money signings (they're usually rubbish anyway). I simply want to watch an attacking, competitive team, at whatever level, that has a desire - from top to bottom - to do its best. Not to appoint a novice manager whose stats from last season are largely negative.

What I'll freely admit to is having no time for bang-the-drum rhetoric. Fosun are the same in name only from the Fosun of three years ago, they're a different animal now with a different goal that has very little relation to competitive football on the pitch. And so no, they don't earn faith and support because of what they oversaw before, because next season matters more than three years ago - it has to, otherwise what's the point?

I support Wolves, not Fosun, or Lopetegui, or anything else.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
But if you have a few days at the start of the holiday in Rhyl, might Prestatyn seem much better thereafter?! The new journey starts for all of us.
Come on now. We all know 'Tatyn is just a bus shelter on the edge of Y Rhyl :p Thanks for the distraction from the Molineux doom & gloom.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His compensation will depend on it so he won’t be breaking it, wherever he is.
Not really. If he gets another job the income from that is regarded as mitigating his losses. What he gets up front will promptly be moved offshore.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I don't agree Fosun have handled the situation and running of the club well, this bloke, despite him being an excellent coach, has show himself to be a bit of a grub really. Lost a lot of respect for him the way he has handled this.

Don't really know why we aren't standing our ground. He's under contract, if he isnt happy he should walk. We shouldn't compensate him at all because he doesn't want the job any more. It's weak leadership imo.
This. He's superbly well paid, he should be showing responsibility to his staff and players. The situ isn't what he'd like - just get through the season. Doesn't absolve the board or Fosun but I think Lop's behaved poorly as well - he should be seeing the season through.

He has a good squad and we made all the signings he wanted in January - including a completely crazy amount on Cunha (who has completely failed to solve the goalscoring issues and not looked anything more than a £10-15m player with lots of potential).

If Fosun sold him a dud on future signings I understand the annoyance, but he's making the situ worse that it actually is.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
I reckon JL has played stupid Jeff big time. He turned us down 7 years ago, he then turned us down twice in December until stupid Jeff offered him big money.
JL, realising he’s onto a winner insists his son and his mates become the back room staff, again on big money, stupid Jeff is desperate so he agrees and gives them all 3 year contracts.
In January JLO tells stupid Jeff he needs new players ( we did ), so stupid Jeff buys new players at inflated prices.
8 months later JL is told there’s no money to spend cos he spent it all in January. Seeing the fortunes being paid in Saudi make JL’s eyes light up, so off he trots to his mate to tell tales about his employers, knowing this will get him out of Wolves and into Saudi.
Stupid Jeff falls for it, probably spends more on severance pay than transfers and greedy JLO walks away with his bank balance bulging and a new job lined up.
What a circus.

Back
Top Bottom