Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t read too much into his choice of Beijing vs Shanghai. He clearly said it was decisions being made in China not here, but the why was more speculative. He covered the bases including finances and geopolitical in his speculation, so I don’t think he actually knows the root cause, and frankly I doubt anyone outside of Fosun’s senior mgt. really knows.
Remember reading an article in the summer about how the ccp had strengthened their ties with fosun with a number of appointments within the group. Did wonder at the time what this could mean for us.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only imagine that the reasons we are paying him off (if that’s what’s happening) are:

(A) he has an arguable legal case based on promises that were made in his contract that haven’t been fulfilled

(B) the club want to stop him talking to the press about what’s going on

Could be either, or both.
You may be right, but I feel like it would be a little strange to make promises in a contract about spending. Is there precedence for that?

jeb01

Reaction score
Although the mood isn’t right at the moment, the truth is that as supporters of the club, we’re going to have to suck this up and get on with it.
Are you going to stop supporting Wolves?
No!
It’s a **** show at the moment but I’m not shedding any tears over Lopetegui who hasn’t behaved well, No excuses.
Whoever comes in has a difficult job.
Having the fans on his back from the outset won’t help. At the very least give the guy a cautious welcome.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although the mood isn’t right at the moment, the truth is that as supporters of the club, we’re going to have to suck this up and get on with it.
No!
It’s a **** show at the moment but I’m not shedding any tears over Lopetegui who hasn’t behaved well, No excuses.
Having the fans on his back from the outset won’t help. At the very least give the guy a cautious welcome.
very fair. no one stops supporting the club, just the circus who own it

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No!

Aim all the vitriol at Shi and Fosun and support the team.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can only imagine that the reasons we are paying him off (if that’s what’s happening) are:

(A) he has an arguable legal case based on promises that were made in his contract that haven’t been fulfilled

(B) the club want to stop him talking to the press about what’s going on

Could be either, or both.
(C) we can't afford to sack him and he won't resign so we've been forced to settle

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No!
If we’re zero and six in our first six games then I suspect the mood will be a tad dark. If we’re zero and six with defensive turgid GON ball then I think it might be a stormy midnight dark.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said T`imber! Some of us have known far worse times. If I were Jeff I would go out tomorrow and buy Alex Scott. What we save on Lopetegui and his huge team in wages will more than pay for Scott!!
Yeah, because we won't need replacements will we? That went well when Lage had no proper support staff.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good grief! I don’t know how old you are NWW but I lived through the Bhatti years, the plummet into the fourth div, the Hayward failure years, the Hayward turns the tap off year, the Hoddle torture, the double dip years…and you’re giving up over this??? Get a grip man. You’re a proud fan of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Not because of the division we’re in, or which numpty decides to own us, or how much money they spend. It’s because it’s something you just do, like breathing.
I find it so strange fans gatekeeping being ****ed off with our owners.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"But in the same way, we’re worried about the future of our squad because we are going to need to improve our squad if we want to be able to compete in the Premier League.

We found the team at the bottom in December when we came here and after it was a very hard task to get out of relegation, with a much better squad than we have this year"

Those are Lopetegui's words.
Ooh, facts…! That’s not something you usually see on here.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good grief! I don’t know how old you are NWW but I lived through the Bhatti years, the plummet into the fourth div, the Hayward failure years, the Hayward turns the tap off year, the Hoddle torture, the double dip years…and you’re giving up over this??? Get a grip man. You’re a proud fan of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Not because of the division we’re in, or which numpty decides to own us, or how much money they spend. It’s because it’s something you just do, like breathing.
Each to their own I say, and nobody's decision on this should be called into question... by anybody.
You do you, and they'll do them.
What I would also say though, is, emotions are currently running high on both sides of the fence. Don't say or do anything in the heat of the moment, that you may later regret.
People are angry and hurting right now, for various reasons, let's at least keep things civil on here.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No!
Yeah, but you can walk away from the ownership that is currently in place.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No!
My concern is how the players react to this after their excellent showing against Rennes and how many will now push to move on. Very very concerning times. What a shambles.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointed and frustrated.

Parking the personalities involved to one side, I just felt that JL was going to get a tune out of this lot.

Sad day.

We are being terribly badly managed.
I do think Lopetegui has copped out, despite being misled. He could’ve started something really good but he’s not one to hang around if a club mucks him around, obviously. Not a club like Wolves anyway.

He must be having a right loff that we’ve stuck two fingers up to him with GON.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
(C) we can't afford to sack him and he won't resign so we've been forced to settle
I think that’s possible yes, but for that to be true we would have to believe that paying him to leave (and replacing him with someone cheap and cheerful) is better than him still being there and grumpy.

And I don’t understand that thinking, given he’s clearly been grumpy for months and we have had a pretty good pre-season…

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%
If they'd known he was leaving earlier and been planning for it, we'd have better than Gary O'Neill 5 days before the start of our season!
Thats the sensible footballing perspective..
The financial perspective, which seemingly is all that now matters to Fosun is, that they hoped he'd be so frustrated he'd quit the job...
So they decided to wait for that...until now.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been put on this thread already but imo Sean Stanton sums up completely the way Jeff has put JLo in this situation to leave.

T

TheConcourse

Well said T`imber! Some of us have known far worse times. If I were Jeff I would go out tomorrow and buy Alex Scott. What we save on Lopetegui and his huge team in wages will more than pay for Scott!!
What a truly odd point of view. We don’t have any money. Not sure what else needs to happen for people to dial in.

floydstreet

Reaction score
There are two separate issues - One, there's no money, for various reasons, and this has led to the loss of Lopetegui; and Two, the club have had all summer to come up with a contingency plan, and that plan turns out to be Gary O'Neil.

I can personally cope with the first, however absurd and defeating it all is, because that's football, and because Lopetegui is a twit who played the club for everything he could in the end. It's the owners own fault there's no cash, they're the ones who wasted it, but it is what it is.

I can't forgive the second one, however. It's sheer stupidity and underlines how they no longer give a damn. You know for two months there's a good chance your coach is going to do a runner, and Gary O'Neil is your answer? **** off.

The only good thing to come out of today is that a few more eyes will be opened. Even though there will still be plenty who cast flowers at Fosun's feet, and prance around a totem of Jeff like naked Morris dancers from Midsommer, shaking their tambourines to a tune of Everything Is Awesome with a special chorus of Stop Moaning And Just Pay Your Money Like Good Little Lambs, there will at least be a greater awareness now of the truth: Fosun care about themselves, not us, and Jeff's open letter the other day was his version of that much-loved phrase... what was it, now? Oh, yes.

"It was a business decision."
Just a question
How long have you been supporting wolves and have you experienced better periods of success than under fosun ?

Does not mean they aren’t making mistakes
Does not mean they aren’t changing goalposts

No But as someone who has watched us probably in an average position of 10th in the championship, I would say they have improved the clubs fortunes.

Yeah yeah championship that’s where we are going mate blah blah blah, keep bowing to fosun etc etc

I don’t and they are making mistakes in spending badly (more than our fair share of bad buys) and manager appointments aside from nuno have been poor. Lopetegui on a long term deal when year two plan was to not spend (or to be FFP constrained) was also ridiculous.

I just maybe carry a little context, perspective and realism as to where we are Vs where we’ve been. To compete as a top 7 club with our revenues and FFP was a miracle, one I’m happy to have seen.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to personally apologise to @Stourport wolf, your character assassination of him seems pretty spot on now in hindsight.

He did a great job keeping us up, but can't say I'm not happy to see the back of him after how he's conducted himself these last few months.

I don't think fans would mind it either if the replacement wasn't Gary O' ****ing Neil. What a miserable day.
Rumour has it that JL wanted to stay but his interview in Portugal sent Fosun over the top and have been forcing him to walk since

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 days to go and we don’t know who our manager is going to be for our first match of the new Premier League season.

You couldn’t make it up, could you!
Didn’t you read Jeff’s letter? It’s all part of the 3 year plan made in 2021

Back
Top Bottom