Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports from Relevo in Spain (who broke the news in the first place) said back in May that he agreed to stay as he was promised there would be more arrivals than departures,...
That makes no sense at all. Even we supporters could see that the squad was bloated and unbalanced and that there would have to be a cull. Why would the Board promise the opposite ?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but the squad he inherited was far poorer than what Lopetegui inherited, they had lost their previous three games 3-0, 4-0 and 9-0 nd the previous manager had said thrown his toys out of the pram like Lopetegui is now and said he hadn't been backed enough in the transfer window and it wasn't possible to keep them up. The job he did to keep them up was very impressive. Like i said he wouldn't be my choice but I don't see why we'd be certainties for relegation if he came in given what he did with a far poorer squad last season, I'd at least give him a chance.

If Lopetegui wants out though he should just reign, this talk of a pay-off and mutual agreement stinks. What has he done to deserve anything more than what he has already been paid to date? He's a snake.
I dont think we're certainties for relegation even with O'Neill in charge either. We do have some decent players.
I just dont think its a very ambitious choice either, and certainly not the best fit for the squad we currently have either

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Hardly cowardice.
He‘s probably on holiday visiting extended family, a wedding of a cousin etc.
He probably thought that JL was on board. The last thing Jeff wanted just before the season starts is this power play from JL.
What!!!! Did he spend 3 hours interviewing o Neil. Of course he knows what the hell is going on

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somehow we have to start convincing ourselves that O'Neil might be okay!

Ruitonwolf

Reaction score
If he wants to go let him go and take his team with him, but don’t pay him for the privilege of walking away.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve spent a fortune for him, Cunha, Gomes, Traore, Sarabia, Dawson, Bentley this year and now Doherty in as a free.

Apart from neves no one who left was a regular starter and he’s had Sasa and Fabio added to the mix.

If he is the coach he says he is then work with what you have and ride out the financial constraints they aren’t forever. Instead he’s sending a message to his players he doesn’t think they are good enough, terrible man management as it is.

If he looks at the league and doesn’t think he can finish above Luton, Sheff United, Bournemouth, Forest, Everton as a bare minimum we’re better off without him
I don’t agree.
JL has consistently said that the payers he has are good and he is happy with them, he has also said that he want more of them, and to change out a couple or so that he does not think fit his system.
JL is a winner. He wants to compete for European places and not just beat Everton, Forest, Luton, Sheff U and Bournemouth. He want to be competing with the top third of the table.
That seems fair enough to me, and what all of us want.
We had a taste of it under Nuno and I want more of it. I don’t want to be scrapping against relegation, back in the Championship, or worse. Been there, done that and it’s ****.
That said, we have to accept that we have to live within our means - that’s down to Shi. He is is responsible for the financial planning and we got on ok in the first few years but in the last 2 or 3 years we have overpaid for players and not sold others at peak times. Shi is responsible for the financial mess we are now in, it his job, & he is the one that should go.
We don’t have to like JL or his methods, but he will get us where we want to be. Shi will likely be at the helm as we go down.
It’s should Shi to go and JL to stay.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Schrödinger’s box…….

is JL going or staying?

Anyone else hoping that it can still work out? Are Wolves prepared to pay the price by letting JL walk?
Or do you not give in to blackmail and call him a taxi?
I don’t want Wolves to cut off their nose despite their face.

Bottom line, we need JL to stay.
Bang on mate! Let’s hope Hobbs can save the day for us

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think we're certainties for relegation even with O'Neill in charge either. We do have some decent players.
I just dont think its a very ambitious choice either, and certainly not the best fit for the squad we currently have either
If it's true I think it's a short term choice to buy the club some time to get their house in order. Last thing we need with due respect is Steve Davis filling in for a month while we scrabble around for someone.

stunchild

Groupie
Reaction score
Im ITK and Ive heard theyre tempting him to stay with Ali Dia to fill the strikers spot....dont shoot the messenger!

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some players hand in transfer requests, eagerly accept by Shi of course so they can be sold for a quick buck, and GON can have a couple of million for some ****e Bournemouth castoffs.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wonder if fosun are using the argument of lops staying being a threat to a happy squad based on Dohertys interview after the Celtic game. First time it had been made public from a player that all was not well behind the scenes

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m neither pro Shi or pro JL the way this summer has gone whichever side of the fence you sit on has been utterly disgusting and I level that at both men.

Playing devils advocate for a moment re: ‘going forward’ and those moaning about O’Neills brand of football being hard on the eye I would counter and say JL’s ain’t much better.

Bar Liverpool H last season, when else were you thoroughly entertained??

I’ve said it tongue in cheek to all my friends in the boozer all season if Lage would’ve signed Dawson back in August I don’t think our points tally/position, would’ve been much different.

Just saying.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That makes no sense at all. Even we supporters could see that the squad was bloated and unbalanced and that there would have to be a cull. Why would the Board promise the opposite ?
The article itself specifies that "The owner promises to invest, as Julen demanded, to improve the squad.”

It's possible as it's from Lopetegui's camp that the part of more arrivals than departures is overexaggerated, but the point is he was promised signings & they've not happened. They said in May that there'd be tensions in August if the promises weren't lived up to & look where we are now.

At the same time Percy, Keen, Madeley & all the Wolves journo said that with sales there would be money for signings in the £8-15m range and that Lopetegui was committed to Wolves & this plan. Again - It's not happened.

Both Lopetegui fed & Wolves fed reporters said there'd be signings when he agreed to stay, they've not happened. FOSUN moved the goalposts & are now seeing the consequences.

Jericho

Reaction score
Some lack of respect for O'Neill here. Whilst I don't think he would be the right choice he does not deserve some of the comments made about him. If appointed give him a chance.

I agree, it's really easy to bash the man for playing awful football, but he took over a god awful team and he got them grinding out results and kept them up.

That's a pretty successful baptism of fire if you ask me.

Pretty rich of Bournemouth fans to bitch about the style of play, when the alternative is Championship football

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some players hand in transfer requests, eagerly accept by Shi of course so they can be sold for a quick buck, and GON can have a couple of million for some ****e Bournemouth castoffs.
Do players do that these days?

Genuine question.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun haven’t covered themselves in glory but Julen is a weasel of a man. A supposed ‘elite’ coach can’t operate under some financial restrictions? **** off you fraud.
No, he only agreed to sign a contract with guarantees over money being made available for transfers. Fosun have backtracked on their commitment. If he decides to leave then I don't blame him.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t agree.
JL has consistently said that the payers he has are good and he is happy with them, he has also said that he want more of them, and to change out a couple or so that he does not think fit his system.
JL is a winner. He wants to compete for European places and not just beat Everton, Forest, Luton, Sheff U and Bournemouth. He want to be competing with the top third of the table.
That seems fair enough to me, and what all of us want.
We had a taste of it under Nuno and I want more of it. I don’t want to be scrapping against relegation, back in the Championship, or worse. Been there, done that and it’s ****.
That said, we have to accept that we have to live within our means - that’s down to Shi. He is is responsible for the financial planning and we got on ok in the first few years but in the last 2 or 3 years we have overpaid for players and not sold others at peak times. Shi is responsible for the financial mess we are now in, it his job, & he is the one that should go.
We don’t have to like JL or his methods, but he will get us where we want to be. Shi will likely be at the helm as we go down.
It’s should Shi to go and JL to stay.

Yeah we all want it but the financials mean we can’t spend right now. Shi is a pretty poor executive chairman or whatever his job is but we’d be hard pressed to say he hasn’t spent money and signed players.

Our starting side is as good as most in the league if not better than quite a few. We have sufficient options off the bench to change games. If he is the coach he claims to be he can also develop young talent too, we had quite a few that he either seemingly didn’t want or doesn’t rate but others do.

So yes Shi should go, but Lopetegui should stop complaining and making out he’s hard done by, work with the array of talent he already has and get on with it.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No, he only agreed to sign a contract with guarantees over money being made available for transfers. Fosun have backtracked on their commitment. If he decides to leave then I don't blame him.
He spent money in January quite a bit of money in fact. He’s a coward in my opinion. It’s been made clear we have to operate with some financial restrictions for this season but he couldn’t even bring himself to do that. I’m not defending Fosun of Jeff at all but this supposed elite coach has walked at the first opportunity. Personally speaking in the trenches you need people to be made of sterner stuff so good riddance to him.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly cowardice.
He‘s probably on holiday visiting extended family, a wedding of a cousin etc.
He probably thought that JL was on board. The last thing Jeff wanted just before the season starts is this power play from JL.
Are you ITK?

colincameron

Reaction score
Some lack of respect for O'Neill here. Whilst I don't think he would be the right choice he does not deserve some of the comments made about him. If appointed give him a chance.
........ this is about stature, it's embarrassing for us. Nothing to do with O'Neil, but Lop is a well well well respected and internationally recognised manager- he's managed Real Madrid and Spain.

We are about to get rid of him for Gary O'Neil who's had half a season at Bournemouth. Because basically we are too tinpotty.

It's a monumental monumental step down and with it we kiss goodbye to any ambitions and joining that next level of club we were led to believe we were striving to become.

Is Emery having any of these problems at Villa?

Lopo came in expecting the same, and rightfully so, a club of our size deserves it.

He's been failed, and so have we, in fact the entire club are been failed.

close the door on your way out Fosun

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this is at least partially tongue in cheek but imagine the atmosphere…
Yes it is tongue in cheek, but I'd take him over O'Neil all day. I don't think I've ever seen such a united reaction from fans against a managerial candidate for us before.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder what odds you can get on his next job being in the Saudi league.
Yeah I wonder too. I didn’t want him to go but I’m kind of glad we’ve found out what kind of lily livered weasel he truly is before committing to a full season of his back biting, seed planting, moaning and general treacherous personality.

Back
Top Bottom