Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the **** did Gary O Neil impress the Wolves hierarchy? Did they not look at his stats from last season? This is Fosuns Saunders moment and I don’t think they’ll ever recover from it.

To be fair, it's the same hierarchy that spunked frivolous money on Guedes, Silva, and Semedo. Doesn't take much to convince them - they're like labradors, responding to tone rather than content.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but he doesn't want to walk. He wants to be paid a king's ransom to leave. It's grubby in the extreme. Remember, whatever this money-grabbing slug takes from the club means less to spend (if we spend at all)!

Walk, pay off, the out come is the same and the catalyst is the bull **** the club have fed him since may.

I’ve been wolves mad since my first game as a 4 year old in the 88/89 season. I’ve been through the good and the bad over the best part of 35 years. I’m on the verge of just not bothering this season. No matches, no replica shirts, nothing. I would struggle to give my money to them that have managed to **** everything up so spectacularly in such a short space of time.

This mess is of Shi’s/Fosuns making, they need to know they’ve ****ed up, they need to tell us what their plan is, and they need to know that Gary ****ing O’Neil isn’t an acceptable answer.

Jericho

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally, I admire Julens housery. He's been lied to and misled by Jeff - as have all of us. Does the soundbite "more incomings than outgoings" ring a bell to anyone?

So instead of spending 8m on elvedi, Julens made sure they spend it on his departure instead. Poetry

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always preferred HP, but my mom thought it was too expensive and we got Daddies, ever since had a hatred for Daddies, even though my Mom swears I love it and keeps a bottle in, just in case I pop in for a bacon sarnie!
What! Prefer H.P. To Daddies you will be telling me you like Leeds next :tearsofjoy:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phillips said he is a more impressive character in person than he comes across at times, and Jeff has a history of being charmed by candidates who "speak well", to the point he will overlook their glaring inexperience and deficiencies. His inability to do his due diligence on candidates will be his downfall.
That seems to be the line the club are feeding. Keen has said something similar along the lines he’s well thought of in football circles. Not according to @Cornwall Wolf he isn’t I am more included to believe CW than Keen.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walk, pay off, the out come is the same and the catalyst is the bull **** the club have fed him since may.

I’ve been wolves mad since my first game as a 4 year old in the 88/89 season. I’ve been through the good and the bad over the best part of 35 years. I’m on the verge of just not bothering this season. No matches, no replica shirts, nothing. I would struggle to give my money to them that have managed to **** everything up so spectacularly in such a short space of time.

This mess is of Shi’s/Fosuns making, they need to know they’ve ****ed up, they need to tell us what their plan is, and they need to know that Gary ****ing O’Neil isn’t an acceptable answer.
Sorry, but the 'outcome is not the same'. If Loppy wants to walk and take his own inflated backroom staff with him, then let him go without compo. He's been angling for this since the end of last season and some of us, like @mile end could see it a mile (pardon the pun) away.
As for Fosun, they've been completely negligent in their recent tenure at Wolves. I'm certainly not defending them as I hold them equally guilty as Loppy for the situation we ( Wolves fans) find ourselves in.
Whatever Loppy and his army take from Wolves means less in a pot that is almost empty.
To be fair to O'Neil, he did a good job at Bournemouth and is respected within football. Of course, he doesn't have the experience as Loppy, or the standing within the game. Maybe our joke of a club can't get anyone other than O'Neil, because of the ****-storm Fosun and Loppy have left over the club! No self-respecting manager would touch us with a barge-pole with no money, lying owners and a history of poor signings and a high probability of going down.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He DID commit in May when he was told theee would be money for signings and then Fosun moved the goalposts again.

Hands are tied, he can complain all he likes the fact is we’d have had money to spend if he hadn’t wanted us to commit a club record fee for a striker who doesn’t score.

Lopetegui is an ambitious self serving scum bag

He reneged on an agreement to manage us the first time, he betrayed his country in the eve of a World Cup for another job, he whined and cried until Sevilla sacked him because he didn’t get to spend fortunes again.

He helped keep us up and I’m grateful for that, but he’s dragged our club through the mud since 2 weeks before the end of the season and disgraced himself he should be ashamed. He has a better squad than Lage started last season with, get on with it

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If JL does indeed depart,as looks likely, I'd sooner have Rob Edwards than O'Neill,at least he's a wolf.
Yes, the fans would be on his side from the get go.

O'Beale? He's going to get ridden like a donkey on the north pier

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People on here having sympathy with Jeff She, he’s the common denominator in everything that’s gone wrong. Thinks he knows best, well he’s won the plank of the week. With his special appointment if things go T*t* up. Gary o Neil.
Rolls Royce to a f***ing Skoda
Spit on

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
So a very reliable source from Spain which:

Broke the news of him staying 3 weeks before Percy did

Broke the news of who Lopetegui’s backroom staff would be,

Broke the news on Sarabia signing,

Broke the news on Neves being sold to Al-Hilal,

& Have been bang on the money in terms of saying at the time, & in that same tweet & article, that if Lopetegui didn’t get the signings he’s been promised that tension would return in August

Are wrong?

The article states “The owner promises to invest, as Julen demanded, to improve the squad.”
The source could just be reporting what was told to him by Julen’s camp. It’s very possible this “promise” was leaked to put pressure on the club even though they told Julen money would be tight.

Or maybe they’ve just been continuously lying! I just find it a little hard to believe they’d move the goalposts a second time like that.

T

TheConcourse

If JL goes and O'Neil is in , I say O'Neil will be gone by December, a volatile molineux will destroy shi and the morale of the team will be shot to bits by this nonsense. O'Neil is Jeff's next scapegoat.
And could I tempt you with a main, sir?

Chlamydia or herpes?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why all the anger is being directed at Julen. He is the one that was lied to/misled over transfer funds. If he leaves it will be down to Shi. If we get O'Neill it will Shi's decision. If we get relegated, it will be down to Shi.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why all the anger is being directed at Julen. He is the one that was lied to/misled over transfer funds. If he leaves it will be down to Shi. If we get O'Neill it will Shi's decision. If we get relegated, it will be down to Shi.
This in a nutshell.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
If we get relegated it ****ing when

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have kept quiet on this .. facts are JL was asked a number of times to show his commitment to Wolves during the Summer and they he would not walk just before the season starts or early in the season which he did not do so .. After his famous interview Wolves were worried it would effect the Moral of the players and started looking for a replacement in case he did walk .. this was leaked from Bournemouth end by people who know Gary O'Neil and picked up by Crook who has connections there .. it was posted last week on the mix by someone that JL had again been asked to commit and Wolves wanted an answer by today and he has been proved correct .. Looks no way back for JL but we should not pay him off just my take on it ..
Now to my expertise Coaching and Coaches .. have not posted earlier has I have been speaking to highly respected coaches and Managers in the game about Gary O'Neil.. the overall assessment is that he is not ready to be a First team Coach or Manager whatever you call them now at the moment .. his type of play is siege mentality defensive negative football .. he was lucky to get Bournemouth job after Parker left as the club did not want to spend on big name Manager who would leave them financially obligated if the went down .. he was there and to his credit saved them with fire football including a lot of time wasting tactics which of course are now banned .. Wolves need a progressive manager/Coach to add to the excellent pressing performance from Saturday.. they are out there like Di Zerbia but none of them are English and need due diligence to find them but Wolves do not have the time
Whoever gets the Job will have my Support because I love my club .. sorry for War and peace
I am expecting at least a couple of signings but maybe surprise player leaving
Thanks @Cornwall Wolf, hope you are responding to treatment.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This should of happened months ago
JL threw his own country under the bus at a world cup

He's just a mercenary manager
Any decent manager woukd of kept us up last year

The money was spent last year and in January

Good riddance best wolves squad great job for someone

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So if you didn't trust your boss after he did the dirty on you, wouldn't you want to go elsewhere?
Were his wages withheld?
Circumstances change, you just get on with it. You don't start moaning to the press. If he wants to go then he should resign and **** off. Why should we pay him for wanting to go.

Back
Top Bottom