Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lop transfer spends. Sevilla

€188 million

€74 million

€41 million

Far outweighing outgoings.

2022 Arrivals
€29 million

2022 Outgoing
€91 million

Point I am trying to make is Lopetegui has had previous form with spending big then throwing toys out the pram. I feel both he and Shi have handled things badly.

Surely if it was just 20 million we would have made it happen?

Lopetegui appears to have engineered his leaving from Wolves, I really hope I am wrong but surely there is more to this than Alex Scott???

Whatever the reasons and who's to blame, it's a **** show so close to the season!
Where are the outgoings for the first three seasons? Even @Stourport wolf admitted firstly that Sevilla had a negative expenditure for JL's first season there and secondly that Monchi handled all of the transfers.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Here's £8m for you and your staff to **** off, Julen."
"Why not spend it on Elvedi? The team will be stronger and I'll stay."
"Nah. We'd rather have no centre half and Gary O'Neil."
The guy never wanted to be here from the start.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Everyone is to blame in my opinion….not going to make any comment until we know the outcome…..

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we keep Lopetegui's coaching staff, and fire the whiny guy who draws the player names out the hat each week?
We can successfully replace him with a national lottery machine. Is Guinevere up to much these days?

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have kept quiet on this .. facts are JL was asked a number of times to show his commitment to Wolves during the Summer and they he would not walk just before the season starts or early in the season which he did not do so .. After his famous interview Wolves were worried it would effect the Moral of the players and started looking for a replacement in case he did walk .. this was leaked from Bournemouth end by people who know Gary O'Neil and picked up by Crook who has connections there .. it was posted last week on the mix by someone that JL had again been asked to commit and Wolves wanted an answer by today and he has been proved correct .. Looks no way back for JL but we should not pay him off just my take on it ..
Now to my expertise Coaching and Coaches .. have not posted earlier has I have been speaking to highly respected coaches and Managers in the game about Gary O'Neil.. the overall assessment is that he is not ready to be a First team Coach or Manager whatever you call them now at the moment .. his type of play is siege mentality defensive negative football .. he was lucky to get Bournemouth job after Parker left as the club did not want to spend on big name Manager who would leave them financially obligated if the went down .. he was there and to his credit saved them with fire football including a lot of time wasting tactics which of course are now banned .. Wolves need a progressive manager/Coach to add to the excellent pressing performance from Saturday.. they are out there like Di Zerbia but none of them are English and need due diligence to find them but Wolves do not have the time
Whoever gets the Job will have my Support because I love my club .. sorry for War and peace
I am expecting at least a couple of signings but maybe surprise player leaving

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am beyond angry over this.
On one hand I am angry at Lop but if you put yourself in his shoes and think how many managers in that division have won European trophies? I too would dip at being lied too
Its like we are playing our greatest hits
Shi is Moxey
O'Neill is O Connor
We are down
I actually think that Moxey was far better at his job than Shi, and we give him credit for. He managed within the boundaries set by the owner. We may not have liked that, or him, but he he managed the club in a financially sound manner and Gp got us ready for sale.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF this is true...

I hope they offer him 12 pounds. Final offer.

You don't want to be a Wolf, get the **** out. Good riddance.

Disgusting.
Jeff Shi and Fosun don't want their dirty laundry exposed. Nuff said...

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So depressing and disappointing, particularly in view of the recent upturn in optimism due to the encouraging pre season performances. You kind of feel angry and frustrated, and then realise there is nothing you can do about it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Have kept quiet on this .. facts are JL was asked a number of times to show his commitment to Wolves during the Summer and they he would not walk just before the season starts or early in the season which he did not do so .. After his famous interview Wolves were worried it would effect the Moral of the players and started looking for a replacement in case he did walk .. this was leaked from Bournemouth end by people who know Gary O'Neil and picked up by Crook who has connections there .. it was posted last week on the mix by someone that JL had again been asked to commit and Wolves wanted an answer by today and he has been proved correct .. Looks no way back for JL but we should not pay him off just my take on it ..
Now to my expertise Coaching and Coaches .. have not posted earlier has I have been speaking to highly respected coaches and Managers in the game about Gary O'Neil.. the overall assessment is that he is not ready to be a First team Coach or Manager whatever you call them now at the moment .. his type of play is siege mentality defensive negative football .. he was lucky to get Bournemouth job after Parker left as the club did not want to spend on big name Manager who would leave them financially obligated if the went down .. he was there and to his credit saved them with fire football including a lot of time wasting tactics which of course are now banned .. Wolves need a progressive manager/Coach to add to the excellent pressing performance from Saturday.. they are out there like Di Zerbia but none of them are English and need due diligence to find them but Wolves do not have the time
Whoever gets the Job will have my Support because I love my club .. sorry for War and peace
Thanks as ever @Cornwall Wolf , hope you're doing OK.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Hobbs had a bit more about him to go for O Neil

We're an absolute **** show. Any manager who would normally be looking at a premier league job will stay clear of us. Going into a club where the fans would be against you from the off because of the club. No money to spend, squad gutted, high expectations and holes in the squad in key positions.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Any more good news?!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s come across as a bit of a ***** since the beginning, to be honest.
The fact that he came in, was willing to spend a ton of money, and not commit to the club if he couldn't keep us from relegation was a sign that all of us should have saw. But we were blinded by having a "top manager."

Although his only real top club stint, he failed horrifically in less than half a season after spending over 100 million.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
So we have little money and what we do have will now be swallowed up as severance pay for the Manager and his coaching staff and replace him with a Manager who was sacked ,is currently out of work and is cheap.
There you go Matt try and spin that in a positive way .

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

O’Neil is not the answer

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't get how people don't see what he did at Bournemouth as a miracle with the squad he had.
We have been an established midtable club now for 5 years. Bournemouth had just come up and had a squad of players that was described by the manager as not good enough for the league.
It's crazy we have players like nunes and could spend 45 million on Cunha and people think that taking our midtable squad and getting midtable form from it is a miracle, and staying up with the shower at Bournemouth isn't.
It was a statistical anomaly they stayed up last year in a **** division, pardon people for not wanting the season to hang on a miracle happening again.

1691496896050.png

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi and Fosun don't want their dirty laundry exposed. Nuff said...
I have nothing but good things to say about Fosun for what they've done for this club.

Shi not so much, I think it's probably time for him to go as well since his transfer record is so very poor.

If I had my choice, I'd keep things the way are for now (not paying Lopetegui to walk), but I'd be lining up a quality replacement for both Shi and Lopetegui.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a shambles, if he was asked refused to on more than one occasion they should have done this there and then.

To ask again for a final answer a few days after the final preseason game and less than a week before the first fixture is utter madness.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Progressive manager?

Potter. I'd have him in a heartbeat. Might want to rebuild his career at a medium sized club, bigger than Brighton (in terms of fan base / reach, not recent results) but out of the eye of the storm of London.

Not disagreeing with anything that you have said here, but if you know all of this, then why don't our esteemed board know and more to the point why would they go against received wisdom?

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly it feels like "when" rather than "if" for JL leaving now. If I'm honest ever since the end of last season JL's had an air of "I'm too good for you" about our great club.
The situation seems untenable, so now looking to the future I would seriously hope the board are considering a number of candidates. Surely Potter has to be approached about the role. He worked on a not massive budget at Brighton and I think he could work really well with the type of squad we have.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fully expect nunes, gomes, Silva, kilman to submit transfer requests shortly
Why?

Gomes didn't care who he played for, he just wanted to play in the Premier League.

Nunes and Silva can submit whatever the **** the **** they want but until they actually prove something, they're going nowhere because we're not taking huge losses on them.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly it feels like "when" rather than "if" for JL leaving now. If I'm honest ever since the end of last season JL's had an air of "I'm too good for you" about our great club.
The situation seems untenable, so now looking to the future I would seriously hope the board are considering a number of candidates. Surely Potter has to be approached about the role. He worked on a not massive budget at Brighton and I think he could work really well with the type of squad we have.

Potter too expensive for fosun the ****s

Back
Top Bottom