Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
"As it stands at the moment - and listen, the goal posts do move - we're the 21st best team in England and Wolves are the 19th.

"So it's not such a massive jump. I do get the league and everything that comes with it but it's important you're at the right club with the right project, and I feel here I can speak with the owners very openly every single day."

Michael Beale on why he rejected the Wolves job.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"As it stands at the moment - and listen, the goal posts do move - we're the 21st best team in England and Wolves are the 19th.

"So it's not such a massive jump. I do get the league and everything that comes with it but it's important you're at the right club with the right project, and I feel here I can speak with the owners very openly every single day."

Not desperately disrespectful. They look to be on the way up and we, sadly, certainly do not....

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I mean, he’s spot on? We’re a basket case at present.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think that says it all. The case against Shi and Sellars grows every day.

D

Deleted member (smith)

We ain't getting anybody, surely that's obvious? The club will be sold in the New Year for whatever FOSUN can get for it. Read the thread on the Forbes Report. FOSUN are in deep, deep financial ****. The last thing they will be doing is risking having to pay off the contract of an expensive manager. The project is over, folks.

oh gawd what shall I do? Division four again it is….the trick is not to become emotionally attached and hang yourself or kick the cat …some of us invest far too much into a football team that is supposed to be entertainment not something that affects your mental health. I will have a large scotch and relax….loopy will join, Jimenez will get fit, Neves will stay, nunes an$ guedes will settle in and every little thing ill be alright.don’t worry about a thing….

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some people don’t like the hard facts and I afraid this is spot on.
It’s a crying shame it has come to this.

floydstreet

Reaction score

Almost a slant at the potential new owners he’d have worked for
Can’t think why

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
oh gawd what shall I do? Division four again it is….the trick is not to become emotionally attached and hang yourself or kick the cat …some of us invest far too much into a football team that is supposed to be entertainment not something that affects your mental health. I will have a large scotch and relax….loopy will join, Jimenez will get fit, Neves will stay, nunes an$ guedes will settle in and every little thing ill be alright.don’t worry about a thing….
That's some bloody great Scotch that you have if it facilitates all of those.... Can l have a large one, please???

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyone who can't see this as a fan needs to pull their head from up their ****

This is why we need Fosun gone . Total jokers in terms of running us .

Where's the stadium plans etc .

Just Esports and move players around for mendes

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He has to say something to get the fans inside after he agreed through his agent to join us and agreed personal terms before changing his mind and turning us down

Jeru360

Reaction score

I don’t find this disrespectful- he is stating the facts. The bit about the owners says it all. He feels he is in a good place with his team and the owners - why would he leave?

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He’s right though isn’t he? He’s more or less saying what many of us are saying re owners.

Backs up the need to change things up top at the club.

If an up and coming championship manager is saying this then what do experienced/credible/outstanding candidates think?

Can’t imagine why Lopetegui would come with the way things are.

Unless there are changes then all we will get is journeymen. End of.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score

Not disrespectful at all. The second paragraph could be interpreted that he thinks Wolves and their project aren't 'right' and that he doesn't feel he would be listened to by the club's hierarchy.
It's definitely that he felt there was something wrong at Wolves rather everything being great at QPR.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not disrespectful at all. The second paragraph could be interpreted that he thinks Wolves and their project aren't 'right' and that he doesn't feel he would be listened to by the club's hierarchy.
It's definitely that he felt there was something wrong at Wolves rather everything being great at QPR.
That ‘something isn’t right’ feeling has made many of us turn down jobs at a late stage I’m sure. May be the case here.

That, or Jeff’s ‘do whatever I say and you’ve got no money’.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we are getting Lopey. If there was a gentleman's agreement in place that he takes over once his personal issues are sorted out, then why would the Chuckle Bros approach/offer the job to Delboy? Nah we haven't got anyone lined up. At best they're waiting to see which currently employed international manager becomes available after the World Cup. Like BSK says, could be Fosun are selling so let the next owners find a gaffer!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes me smile with Lops. He is still the manager I would want, yet he has turned us down twice (both legitimate reasons in fairness) and his side beat us in our biggest game since 1972. He may as well join another PL side to really stab us in the back, and twist the knife.
"Lops"??? FFS. What is this, a kindergarten?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mental health is fine. I am just a realist. Read Forbes and smell the coffee, numbnuts. "Loopy"??! The only loopy person here is you.

stunchild

Groupie
Reaction score
We're standing outside his house holding some wilted flowers, crying. The dude is getting remarried and having three kids with someone hotter. I bet he's wondering who this weirdo is and why they wont let it go.....we should forget it and get some bl**dy pride

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"important you're at the right club with the right project, and I feel here I can speak with the owners very openly every single day."

Read between the lines on this, o dear. The cats out the bag Jeff, the industry knows.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're standing outside his house holding some wilted flowers, crying. The dude is getting remarried and having three kids with someone hotter. I bet he's wondering who this weirdo is and why they wont let it go.....we should forget it and get some bl**dy pride

He struggles to get it up these days. We still have a chance.
We just need to wait for him to settle.

D

Deleted member (smith)

My mental health is fine. I am just a realist. Read Forbes and smell the coffee, numbnuts. "Loopy"??! The only loopy person here is you.

Well thank you for the personal insults and invective . I thought we were not supposed to insult other posters but then you are a big saft kid and therefore worthy of forgiveness and understanding ….Bye the way I meant nothing about your mental health it was about myself and a generalization that taking it too much to heart can impact your life…not yours of course…now I will have another scotch …my go too pick me up for depressing moments. Apologies if I offended your sensibilities…but numbnuts?….gotta laugh…my dictionary says it dates from 1969 so it’s quite a modern slang ….sounds very third form.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only reason anybody wants to come to this club is for Premier league football. We are part of the richest league. We are massively underachieving with the players we have.
Which I’m sure Shi recognises but, as yet, he doesn’t know what is wrong or how to fix it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found myself wishing QPR would lose at weekend
I need to let it go
I put them in my ACCA but from now on I'm not rooting for them. To be fair, he seems like a ****y little ****er who's a fantastic self publicist - it's always interesting to see how characters like that deal with downturns in fortune.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put them in my ACCA but from now on I'm not rooting for them. To be fair, he seems like a ****y little ****er who's a fantastic self publicist - it's always interesting to see how characters like that deal with downturns in fortune.

I used to feel the same way about Howe, but to be fair to him, he does seem to be doing well at Newcastle so I’ve had to eat my words. But for every Howe there are ten ****y failures.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t see Beale as ****y at all really. We went in for him. He gave it some thought and saw the same in our hierarchy as most of us are complaining about. Don’t think we should vilify someone for making a sensible decision. He’s come out and relatively subtly given his reasons why.

Back
Top Bottom