Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui Book of Condolences...

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the majority of fans agree he did a good job last season I the circumstances.

Most fans weren't as pleased with the stink he kicked up over summer just to engineer a way out.

The two can be separated. Can be impressed and unimpressed at same time.

The guys a snake.
100% this.
i think he was lied to in order to convince him to come at a difficult time with his dad.

when he did come he did an amazing job with a squad with the morale of a dead cat.

then he was told that things were different and their original lies were actually painting a picture better than reality.

rather than just give up he moaned publicly to see if he could force a change. He couldn’t so he left.

All the hammerings came when we were on the beach. They don’t matter - it was just mental exhaustion once the battle was over.

We lost a manager with a good chance of delivering trophies or europe, and we will never have that chance again.

Gary’s recent upturn is great, and fun to watch, but let’s be under no illusions - the road we are now on eventually leads back to the championship, we’re just stuck in a queue behind sheffield, luton and few other, but we will get there eventually.
i don’t think you’ll be happy until we are eventually relegated at whatever point in the future.

loppers86

Reaction score
100% this.

i don’t think you’ll be happy until we are eventually relegated at whatever point in the future.
Yes. relegation is coming now we are walking the ‘cleverer than everyone else’ tightrope with a scout in control.

No, i won’t be pleased when it happens.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think they're an attractive enough prospect for him. Doubt they can throw too much more money about without getting into ffp trouble.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol… leaves Wolves as there’s no money to spend, and goes to Forest, where there’s no money to spend :tearsofjoy:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm... getting a... strange sense of... deja vu...

On that subject, Lop was reportedly offered an €18m annual NET salary to manage in Saudi. That's £15.4m, or £300,000 per week, tax free. And he turned it down.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest, probably, will have their own FFP issues in the next season or so. They’d do well to steer clear if they want him to be part of their future plans. I’m the short term, however, it would be a great appointment for them.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Just can't see him going to Forest, they surely are going to have FFP issues going forward. He turned down Saudi and £300,000 a week, he won't get that Forest. He no doubt fancies himself at Man U or such like.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm... getting a... strange sense of... deja vu...

On that subject, Lop was reportedly offered an €18m annual NET salary to manage in Saudi. That's £15.4m, or £300,000 per week, tax free. And he turned it down.
i’m getting the same from certain posters myself!

He’s still living off his Wolves Millions!!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m getting the same from certain posters myself! He’s still living off his Wolves Millions!!
Notwithstanding that he probably had enough cash to retire ten times over, well before he arrived, I'm sure you can appreciate the irony of saying that on a 10-page thread with nearly 400 posts, about a guy who is (or should be) in the fans' rear-view mirror. Though to be fair, my own contribution is probably in the three digit range!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I've moved on from all this, but still thankful for the part the previous incumbent played in keeping us in the greed league.
For some, I dare say it will yet another returning employee who'll get it in the neck come Saturday (MGW being the other).
Let's hope we win for our sake, otherwise we'll be a right disgruntled lot come 5.00pm.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just can't see him going to Forest, they surely are going to have FFP issues going forward. He turned down Saudi and £300,000 a week, he won't get that Forest. He no doubt fancies himself at Man U or such like.
I fancy myself to pull Margot Robbie, that’s not happening either (though I reckon she’d love to share a bag of scratchings in my local on a Friday night)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notwithstanding that he probably had enough cash to retire ten times over, well before he arrived, I'm sure you can appreciate the irony of saying that on a 10-page thread with nearly 400 posts, about a guy who is (or should be) in the fans' rear-view mirror. Though to be fair, my own contribution is probably in the three digit range!
kind of my point buddy haha and i love that you acknowledge it!! ;)

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I've moved on from all this, but still thankful for the part the previous incumbent played in keeping us in the greed league.
For some, I dare say it will yet another returning employee who'll get it in the neck come Saturday (MGW being the other).
Let's hope we win for our sake, otherwise we'll be a right disgruntled lot come 5.00pm.
As early as 5pm, or even as late as?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always got the impression that he only wanted a top 6 club as that would be his most likely road to glory.
He wants it easy and not prepared to do the work and put in the time to build a great team, …( see, that way he can’t be found out how average he is).
Wolves were just a door into the PL.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
JL did well to keep us up but had to pretty much spend the following transfer windows budget to do so.
If he’s as good a manager as he thinks, he should have stayed to prove what he could with theoretically a worse squad. I say theoretically, as the the likes of Nunes never justified the hype.
GON has much more kudos from me, with how he’s transformed Hwang and is starting to get the best out of Cunha. Plenty obviously still to work on but we actually can play a ball through the centre of the pitch now, rather than the predictable always out to the wings.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. relegation is coming now we are walking the ‘cleverer than everyone else’ tightrope with a scout in control.

No, i won’t be pleased when it happens.
Just because Hobbs was a scout once doesn’t mean people don’t progress in their careers. Mourinho was an interpreter for Bobby Robson at one point and Neil Warnock was a chiropodist for a club.

You seem like one of these people desperate for the club to fail just so you can be “right”, sad really

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind him staying in the Prem tbh.. our usual curse means he would almost certainly beat us though, so hopefully not this week.

I just can’t seem to place him at Forest though.. don’t think that’s a particularly ambitious move, but maybe he was a fan of Cloughie.. and he’s waited around long enough.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fancy myself to pull Margot Robbie, that’s not happening either (though I reckon she’d love to share a bag of scratchings in my local on a Friday night)
The proper ones or those soft ones? She's not keen on the soft ones!
Oo er missus!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he takes the Notts Forest job then I think it makes the job O’Neil is doing even better, if Lopetegui wasn’t up for the fight here and thinks things are rosier on the Trent then Christ what state are we in!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emery to Man United and Lopetegui to Villa - next season.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Forest, probably, will have their own FFP issues in the next season or so. They’d do well to steer clear if they want him to be part of their future plans. I’m the short term, however, it would be a great appointment for them.
I hadn't realised Lilo was still within our shores. If by very strange chance he pitched his tent at Nottingham, my guess is that MGW would be an early casualty - no club needs egos of their proportions roaming free at the same time.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I listened to an Athletic podcast yesterday, it was specifically about Vincent Kompany and how it might play out at Burnley. There was a presenter, a Burnley correspondent and Tim Spiers. At the beginning they asked Tim Spiers to contrast how GON is seen by Wolves fans and I thought it was interesting what he had to say (these are his words transcribed by an app). Nothing revelatory that hasn't been said before, but sums up the situation really well with regards to GON and Lopetegui.

Presenter:
In comparison to Kompany, who has a lot of support, how do Wolves fans feel about O'Neil?

Spiers:
Yeah I mean it's an interesting one. Perception is everything really. He came in last minute and probably seen by a lot of people as he's the only guy around. I mean, it's August the 10th, or whatever, every good manager's in post and there weren't many options around. From his point of view, he was dealt such a bad hand. The guy had no pre-season, Wolves had a fire sale in the summer and had to make almost 100 million quid. Neves has gone. THE man for the past few years. Matheus Nunes goes right at the end of the window. It was a real change in the summer. They lost Coady, Mountinho, Traore, Jimenez. All massive players for the last few years. All gone in the summer. Nathan Collins went, a very good young centre back. Wolves had to make almost 100 million from sales. Gary O'Neil comes in with no preseason. In his first five games he's got Man United, Brighton, and Liverpool, all of which they lose. Then he had a difficult game at Luton where they played with 10 men for 60 Minutes and draw due to a ridiculous penalty decision, and then all of sudden online, I'm seeing this guy's a PE teacher. He's got to go.

Last season you had a Lopetegui, comes from previously managing Spain and Real Madrid and Sevilla, and they're getting absolutely smashed 6-0 at Brighton, 5-0 at Arsenal, conceding 4 at home to Leeds, and it's the owner's fault for not investing. You know, the sort of general feeling is, it can't be Lopetegui's fault, because he's top level manager. Whereas when Gary O'Neil, despite everything that's gone on the summer and the club making almost 100 million quids worth of net sales, and all the problems he's had, it's his fault, not the owners. So it's really interesting to see that contrast.

I'm really pleased for Gary O'Neil that he turned it around. I mean, he only had to beat Man City and Spurs to do that! Then he's done this appearance on Monday Night Football which really does seem to change people's perceptions - people think yeah he has got something to him. Maybe he can set up a team, maybe he can coach players. I'd imagine this is all hugely frustrating for him to have to deal with, but he's at the start of his career. He's still he's still finding his path. He has won the round for now, but I just know that a couple of defeats and it'll be the same again because it's Gary O'Neil, sacked by Bournemouth in the summer with not much of manager history. You know what I mean?

Last edited:

loppers86

Reaction score
and if we haven’t? As i don’t think we will at all?
GON said himself on Tuesday that the ask was to avoid relegation.

I can’t think of any club that has taken that approach the hasn’t ultimately been relegated.

GON is in his honeymoon period at the moment (he’s not doing as well as Bruno did in his, but it’s looking ok).

The problem is that once this period is over we just don’t know what will happen.

Clearly we can’t go down this season, but if Jeff and Co decide to cash in on a few more in the next couple of windows, then all it takes is a bad start next season and we’ll regain crisis club status pretty quickly. That would probably be the end of GON.

Here’s to a win and better performance tomorrow!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
GON said himself on Tuesday that the ask was to avoid relegation.

I can’t think of any club that has taken that approach the hasn’t ultimately been relegated.

GON is in his honeymoon period at the moment (he’s not doing as well as Bruno did in his, but it’s looking ok).

The problem is that once this period is over we just don’t know what will happen.

Clearly we can’t go down this season, but if Jeff and Co decide to cash in on a few more in the next couple of windows, then all it takes is a bad start next season and we’ll regain crisis club status pretty quickly. That would probably be the end of GON.

Here’s to a win and better performance tomorrow!
A 15 game honeymoon period? Really? 5 maybe.
And how would the outcome to your idea about cashing in on players be any different if we were still under Lopetegui?

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you let me know if she prefers mild or bitter ?

Back
Top Bottom