Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread 2023/24

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever and Dexter should have a chance in pre season to see if they can be competition for right back next season. I think Doc should be loaned out or sold.
Re Doc, Why? Nowhere near as bas a made out, absolute utility player in so many ways and would cost us to sell or loan.
He's exactly the sort of player we don't have in other areas, yet we want to get rid. I just do not get it.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Re Doc, Why? Nowhere near as bas a made out, absolute utility player in so many ways and would cost us to sell or loan.
He's exactly the sort of player we don't have in other areas, yet we want to get rid. I just do not get it.
Docs done as a top level player.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but personally, I want footballers who can run in the team or on the bench.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I suppose it depends on the number of players we name for the squad and where we are as a squad at the end of the summer window. Maybe I have been harsh in saying he should be sold and one more season will do.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the number of players we name for the squad and where we are as a squad at the end of the summer window. Maybe I have been harsh in saying he should be sold and one more season will do.

I think Docs a useful squad option but in the PL probably should only be used at RWB.

Think a lot will depend on if we keep Semedo & what we do with Hoever.

Another season of Doc as a squad player will be ok I think.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching KJH play for Stoke tonight. It looks to be a back 4, though positionally so far in the match he so often looks out of position, and has been found out defensively a few times.

I've watched him a number of times this season and In all honesty, much as I'd love him to challenge or at least back up Semedo, I'm more and more convinced that Championship is going to be his level.

Love to be proved wrong.

Edit: just seen he's now 22. How time flies...

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching KJH play for Stoke tonight. It looks to be a back 4, though positionally so far in the match he so often looks out of position, and has been found out defensively a few times.

I've watched him a number of times this season and In all honesty, much as I'd love him to challenge or at least back up Semedo, I'm more and more convinced that Championship is going to be his level.

Love to be proved wrong.
I don’t think you’re wrong unfortunately

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wednesday 11th April

90 mins and a clean sheet for Nigel Lonwijk as Wycombe drew 0-0 at home vs Derby

Ki Jana Hoever played 90 mins and Luke Cundle the second half as Stoke lost 3-0 away at Swansea

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Justin Hubner started on bench and came on 88 mins in Cerezo Osaka 1-0 win over Kawasaki Frontale. Cerezo Osaka are top after 8 games.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 13th April

Justin Hubner made his second Cerezo Osaka appearance, coming off the bench with two minutes left to play as they motored to the top of the league winning 1-0 vs Kawasaki

Third match on the trot as an unused substitute for Joe Hodge as QPR lost 3-0 away at Hull. QPR are 3 points clear of relegation with 3 left to play

Luke Cundle came on with 17 minutes left and scored 3 mins later as Stoke drew 1-1 away at Sheff W. Ki Jana Hoever was an unused substitute

Joe Young played 90 mins and kept a clean sheet as Buxton beat Bishops Stortford 2-0

Owen Farmer came on for the last 37 mins as Rushall lost v3-0 away at Southport

Stan Amos conceded 7 as Wolverhampton Casuals lost 7-0 vs Highgate

Louie Moulden was an unused substitute for Northampton as was Nigel Lonwijk for Wycombe and Dexter Lembikisa for Hearts and Harry Birtwhistle for Oxford

No Owen Hesketh for Kidderminster or Chiquinho for Famalicao

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Giant. Whilst it’s disappointing to see so many youngsters not getting minutes, I guess at the business end of the season Managers want experience on the pitch.

We’ve got decisions to take on some of these lads in the Summer.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio silva’s book value is 14 million. Maybe we could do an obligation to buy for 7million so we don’t lose on his book value on a sale the following season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Fabio silva’s book value is 14 million. Maybe we could do an obligation to buy for 7million so we don’t lose on his book value on a sale the following season.
Keep doing this one, pretty sure it's £10.5m in the Summer. Obligation to buy at £7m though - good luck! Maybe £4m and £3m add ons we'll never get?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to **** him off and move on. Jeff shi messed up big time along with sellars.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will be lucky to get 5 million for Silva. Our only hope is to get a decent sell on fee, or maybe part exchange him for Gomes possibly. Even though i think he will eventually show he is a decent player, he's just not pulled up any trees in Scotland and his value is plummeting.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday 16th April

90 minutes from Chiquinho as Famalicao lost out, 1-0 vs Sporting. Former wolf Pedro Goncalves with the goal

Harry Birtwhistle was an unused substitute as Oxford City lost 3–1 at home vs Bromley

Nigel Lonwijk played 90 minutes, was booked and scored the winner as Wycombe beat Port Vale 2-1

Stan Amos played 90 minutes for Wolverhampton Casuals beat Romulus 4-2

Owen Farmer played 61 mins as Rushall beat Leek Town 1-0 to win the Staffordshire Cup

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wednesday 17th April

Following in the footsteps of Owen Farmer on Tuesday, it was Joe Young's turn to win silverware, playing 90 mins as Buxton lifted the Derbyshire Senior Cup beating Heanor 5-0.

Justin Hubner played 90 mins and was booked as Cereza Osaka beat Grulla Morioka 1-0 in the J League Cup

Fabio Silva played 56 mins as Rangers drew a blank away at Dundee, 0-0

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thursday 18th April

Daniel Podence played 64 mins and was booked as Olympiacos lost 1-0 away at Fenerbache, however they made it through to play Villa in the semi finals after triumphing on penalties.

Stan Amos played 90 mins as Wolverhampton Casuals lost their last league game of the season 2-1 at home vs Northwich Victoria. Stan's loan doesn't end there though as they are in JW Hunt Cup Semi final action soon.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 20th April

Harry Birtwhistle’s loan at Oxford City ended with being an unused substitute as they lost 1-0 to Altrincham

Ki Jana Hoever played 90 mins, scored his 4th of the season and was booked in Stoke’s 3-0 home win over Plymouth. Luke Cundle played 74 mins

Joe Young played 90 mins on his final Buxton appearance, however fell to a 2-0 defeat vs Farsley Celtic

Owen Farmer played 90 mins in his final Rushall game as they drew 0-0 vs Warrington Town

75 mins for Bendeguz Bolla as he faced his old team Grasshoppers. Servette won 1-0

Joe Hodge was an unused substitute as QPR beat Preston 1-0 at home

No Owen Hesketh for Kidderminster, no Louie Moulden for Northampton (injured), no Chem Campbell (injured) or Nigel Lonwijk (illness) for Wycombe

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saturday 20th April

Harry Birtwhistle’s loan at Oxford City ended with being an unused substitute as they lost 1-0 to Altrincham

Ki Jana Hoever played 90 mins, scored his 4th of the season and was booked in Stoke’s 3-0 home win over Plymouth. Luke Cundle played 74 mins

Joe Young played 90 mins on his final Buxton appearance, however fell to a 2-0 defeat vs Farsley Celtic

Owen Farmer played 90 mins in his final Rushall game as they drew 0-0 vs Warrington Town

75 mins for Bendeguz Bolla as he faced his old team Grasshoppers. Servette won 1-0

Joe Hodge was an unused substitute as QPR beat Preston 1-0 at home

No Owen Hesketh for Kidderminster, no Louie Moulden for Northampton (injured), no Chem Campbell (injured) or Nigel Lonwijk (illness) for Wycombe
Apparently Cundle was excellent

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday 21st April

No Justin Hubner for Cerezo Osaka as he has finally been allowed to join up with the Indonesian U23s for their Asian Games

Fabio Silva played the final 27 minutes and is now 6 games without a goal as Rangers beat Hearts 2-0. Dexter Lembikisa played the final 30 mins for Hearts

90 mins for Yerson Mosquera and 30 mins for Goncalo Guedes as Villarreal beat bottom of the league Almeria 2-1

88 mins for Chiquinho as Famaliaco drew 2-2 with Portimonense

Daniel Podence missed a penalty but assisted another goal as Olympiacos beat PAOK 2-1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sunday 21st April

No Justin Hubner for Cerezo Osaka as he has finally been allowed to join up with the Indonesian U23s for their Asian Games

Fabio Silva played the final 27 minutes and is now 6 games without a goal as Rangers beat Hearts 2-0

90 mins for Yerson Mosquera and 30 mins for Goncalo Guedes as Villarreal beat bottom of the league Almeria 2-1

88 mins for Chiquinho as Famaliaco drew 2-2 with Portimonense

Daniel Podence missed a penalty but assisted another goal as Olympiacos beat PAOK 2-1
Dexter Lembikisa played the final 30 minutes of the Scottish Cup Semi-final for Hearts against Rangers at Hampden Park yesterday. Was rather odd seeing him directly up against Fabio Silva for much of that time.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dexter Lembikisa played the final 30 minutes of the Scottish Cup Semi-final for Hearts against Rangers at Hampden Park yesterday. Was rather odd seeing him directly up against Fabio Silva for much of that time.

Completely forgot to include Dexter..... whoops

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday 23rd April

90 mins for Nigel Lonwijk as Wycombe drew 1-1 away at Cambridge Utd. No Chem Campbell due to injury

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally confused about Hoever. One minute he is MoTM, the next I hear he is lazy and doesn't train. Can someone who follows him provide a more objective view please.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally confused about Hoever. One minute he is MoTM, the next I hear he is lazy and doesn't train. Can someone who follows him provide a more objective view please.

I haven't seen anything of him missing training recently, but to be honest your description pretty much sums him up from his loans overall.

I think performances had been very much linked to team play and overall performance. If the team he plays for was on the attack/dominating games he's on it and is excellent going forward. If the team is under the cosh and defending loads, that's where things started to go a bit wrong on the whole partly as he wasn't as good defending and due to confidence.

Without knowing him, I'm assuming there is/was a young temperamental character in there that needed to be treated the right way/grow in confidence. I think he's definitely shown signs of maturing in the last 4-6 months and that has started to show in more consistent performances irrespective of team play.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wednesday 24th April

Daniel Podence played 22 minutes off the bench as Olympiacos' European qualification hopes took a stumble with a 1-1 away at Aris. That was Daniel's 40th appearance of the season for Olympiacos

Owen Farmer played 90 mins as Rushall progressed to the final of the Walsall senior cup with a penalty shootout win over Lichfield City. The game finished 3-3 after 90 mins.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wednesday 24th April

Daniel Podence played 22 minutes off the bench as Olympiacos' European qualification hopes took a stumble with a 1-1 away at Aris. That was Daniel's 40th appearance of the season for Olympiacos

Owen Farmer played 90 mins as Rushall progressed to the final of the Walsall senior cup with a penalty shootout win over Lichfield City. The game finished 3-3 after 90 mins.

Good to see Farmer getting some minutes. Will be a good experience for him.

Back
Top Bottom