Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread 2023/24

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s recalls on all U21 loans except Hoever. Obviously some mitigating factors but that’s not a good look for Steve.

I won't defend completely as there have been moves that clearly haven't worked out as we would have hoped, however at the risk of repeating myself, that also forms part of the learning process for the player, how to get yourself into teams, being part of a squad and not getting games etc.

I'll also say there appears to be many more loans being ended early across the board (not just Wolves) this season compared to previously, so clearly there is market influence going on also.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Corbeanu's career has stalled; he seemed talented to me before and maybe still is. What do others think?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think one Rangers fan has already commented that Silva is much more a provider than a 'plunderer'. I don't seem him ever making a splash as a goalscorer except in lower leagues than the Prem and even then I don't believe he would be prolific. He is much more of a No.10 being quite skilful and canny on the ball. As a standard No.9 he is just out muscled and bullied mainly. He doesn't imv have that goal hunger which any real striker needs.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I think one Rangers fan has already commented that Silva is much more a provider than a 'plunderer'. I don't seem him ever making a splash as a goalscorer except in lower leagues than the Prem and even then I don't believe he would be prolific. He is much more of a No.10 being quite skilful and canny on the ball. As a standard No.9 he is just out muscled and bullied mainly. He doesn't imv have that goal hunger which any real striker needs.
I think it might be best to loan him out to the Eredivisie again, and wait for him to start banging in the goals. Then after his loan is over, we sell him

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't defend completely as there have been moves that clearly haven't worked out as we would have hoped, however at the risk of repeating myself, that also forms part of the learning process for the player, how to get yourself into teams, being part of a squad and not getting games etc.

I'll also say there appears to be many more loans being ended early across the board (not just Wolves) this season compared to previously, so clearly there is market influence going on also.
it’s an excellent point.
i would say being in a dressing room with players literally playing to provide is exactly what some of these need

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu has a load of talent. A shame his recent loans havent worked out. Maybe stay here and work with the first team as he can play across the front three. Not saying he should be starting games but I think worth having a look at and giving some confidence.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5839.jpeg

Theo’s played a fair bit of football over the last 2 and a half seasons, nearly 80 league appearances across different leagues. Still only 21 too.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. I think he should re-invent himself as a trainee centre forward and fast. Wingers are much more ten a penny...He has pace, he is 6ft 2...
Corbeanu may need to go back to league 1 again. Disappointing that he made no impression in the Swiss league. Starts off well then he fades.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu has a load of talent. A shame his recent loans havent worked out. Maybe stay here and work with the first team as he can play across the front three. Not saying he should be starting games but I think worth having a look at and giving some confidence.
Can't fault your sentiments...but sometimes some of them just ain't going to be good enough for a premier league squad ....he falls into that category for me...I'm afraid.......it might be time to let him seek his own career , instead of being constantly loaned out ..

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't fault your sentiments...but sometimes some of them just ain't going to be good enough for a premier league squad ....he falls into that category for me...I'm afraid.......it might be time to let him seek his own career , instead of being constantly loaned out ..
For me, this is bang on. He's talented, but unlikely to be anything more than a Championship standard player at best. He needs for his sake to move on and push himself.

Reaction score
Just noticed there's a Tyler Roberts come on as substitute for Birmingham ... it's not our Tyler Roberts is it?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the face of it the assists look good but rewatching of the assists weren't in the neto vein.

Manley Wolf

Reaction score
Sasa created the first goal with a 'wunderbar' pass to the fullback. His official assist was a mi**** shot that was tapped in at the back post. He went off with an ankle injury, but he walked off the pitch.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva on bench for Rangers. Isn’t our bench warmer (thus preferable)?

Did OK in horrible conditions (ploughed field; couldn't see a lot of it due to rain and the wind was moving the ball at corners) albeit against lowly opposition. Their main striker scored again so Silva likely to be on the bench for a bit longer yet.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 20th January

Dexter Lembikisa made his Hearts debut coming on for the final 30 mins in the Scottish Cup as Hearts beat League two side Spartans with an injury time goal. Hearts fans seem happy with early impressions

Sasa Kalajdzic made his second Frankfurt appearance and played 89 mins providing an assist as they drew 2-2 away vs Darmstadt

Luke Cundle made his Stoke home debut playing 90 mins as Stoke lost 2-1 vs Birmingham. Ki Jana Hoever played 70 mins

Louie Moulden and Chem Campbell have to wait for their debuts as their games were postponed

Owen Hesketh was an unused substitute as Kidderminster pulled off an impressive win beating Aldershot 4-2

Ethan McLeod played the first 45 mins as Alvechurch came from behind to beat Hitchin 2-1

Goncalo Guedes came on for the final 20 mins as Villarreal drew 1-1 with Mallorca

Fabio Silva came on for the final 23 mins as Rangers won 4-1 away in the Scottish cup

LincolnWolf

Reaction score
Another thing to watch for the rest of the Transfer Window is the Loan Quota for over U21 players and International loans. If the Mosquera loan goes through, I think we are at our max with 7:
Mosquera, Guedes, Sasa, Bolla, Podence, Chiquinho, Fabio Silva.

Think will mean if Jordao or Jonny leave, will have to either be a permanent transfer or their contract gets cancelled and they go on a free.

The only other thing is whether Fabio Silva actually counts as Quota or U21/Homegrown? As I’ve assumed Lembikisa to Hearts in the SPL is a U21/Homegrown loan.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@hollo

21 but only this season so still classifies as u21 and unlikely to be loaned abroad

The FA do need to adopt the FIFA rules but don’t seem to so far from what I can tell

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday 23rd September

Bendeguz Bolla came on in the 67th minute and scored 5 minutes later as Servette drew 3-3 away at Winterthur

Louie Moulden was an unused substitute for Northampton as they beat Charlton 3-2 away

Chem Campbell made his second Wycombe debut as he came off the bench in the 52nd minute. They lost 1-0 to Wigan

Dexter Lembikisa played 90 mins in his first Hearts start, was booked and scored. Goal and match stats can been seen in the posts above

Owen Hesketh came on for the final 14 mins as Kidderminster beat Hartlepool 1-0. Former wolves youth player Ashley Hemmings with the goal

Joe Young conceded 6 as Buxton lost to Warrington

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Tuesday 23rd September

Bendeguz Bolla came on in the 67th minute and scored 5 minutes later as Servette drew 3-3 away at Winterthur

Louie Moulden was an unused substitute for Northampton as they beat Charlton 3-2 away

Chem Campbell made his second Wycombe debut as he came off the bench in the 52nd minute. They lost 1-0 to Wigan

Dexter Lembikisa played 90 mins in his first Hearts start, was booked and scored. Goal and match stats can been seen in the posts above

Owen Hesketh came on for the final 14 mins as Kidderminster beat Hartlepool 1-0. Former wolves youth player Ashley Hemmings with the goal

Joe Young conceded 6 as Buxton lost to Warrington
Really happy for Dexter

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mate said he was great going forward, particularly his ability to take on his man, but a bit suspect defensively - pretty much what we already knew! He was a bit at fault for one of the Dundee goals - he was sold a bit short by a pass, but should've done better.

Yep, aside from volume of games already played, that'll be part of why the Rotherham fans were so anti him.... they're on the back foot a lot more than attacking.

He's still developing, has a great attitude, still time to learn

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Fabio starts for Rangers this evening . As we need him to be firstly playing and scoring goals in that league.

Back
Top Bottom