Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread- 2022/23

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As highlighted by @Surrey Wolf and @WKFWolf today has been a fruitful loan day:

Fabio Silva played 90 mins, scored and was booked as Anderlecht rescued a draw late on vs Leuven, 2-2. All goal clips seem to have been removed from Twitter unfortunately

Theo Corbeanu played 76 mins and scored his third Blackpool goal as they won 1-0 away at Huddersfield

Goal here:
Bendeguz Bolla and Hayao Kawabe started as Grasshoppers beat Winterthur 3-0 at home. Bolla played 45 mins going off at half time (injured) whilst Kawabe scored in his 80 minute appearance

Goal here (from 1:09).

Bruno Jordao wasn’t in the Santa Clara squad as they beat Maritimo 2-1

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has but to be fair Collins & Kilman have been solid too. Pretty sure Bruno would have been happy for him to stay but him sitting on the bench in a WC year just wouldn’t make for a happy Conor

Wasnt a slight on our boys, just more he is doing a good job in a role most of us thought he probably couldnt play.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bendeguz Bolla and Hayao Kawabe started as Grasshoppers beat Winterthur 3-0 at home. Bolla played 45 mins going off at half time (injured) whilst Kawabe scored in his 80 minute appearance
3 goals and 2 assists in 6 appearances for Kawabe this season. I assume his signing was just a dodgy way to support Grasshoppers, but if he keeps up at anywhere near this rate things could get interesting. Do we know what position he plays for them? I'm assuming advanced central midfield: his goals all seem to be based around late runs into the box or joining a forward on the counter.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 goals and 2 assists in 6 appearances for Kawabe this season. I assume his signing was just a dodgy way to support Grasshoppers, but if he keeps up at anywhere near this rate things could get interesting. Do we know what position he plays for them? I'm assuming advanced central midfield: his goals all seem to be based around late runs into the box or joining a forward on the counter.

They tend to play a 3-1-4-2 type formation. So yes, Kawabe is one of the advanced midfielders. He was their second top scorer last season too, however personally I think your assessment about it being a transfer of convenience is probably correct. I suspect we won't see him in a Wolves shirt, he isn't even a regular in the Japan squad, so the level is too much. If he plays for Wolves then something at Wolves has gone wrong in my opinion.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could you imagine the comments were a loan player to score an own goal when playing against the club he is being loaned from, it simply could never be allowed due to the can of worms it could open up.
Happens in the CL though. In fact UEFA forbids loan contracts from preventing players playing against their parent club. Coutinho famously helped Atletico beat Chelsea, and Coutinho scored for Bayern vs. Barca.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday:

Palmi Arinbjornsson was an unused substitute as new club Skeid got an important 1-0 win away at Sogndal. Skeid currently sit in the last relegation spot with a 6 point gap to make up

Ki Jana Hoever was replaced at half time as Jong PSV lost 3-0 at home to Oss. Jong PSV we’re 2-0 down at the time. Fair to say, PSV fans are far from impressed.. many asking if they can send him back in January.

Ryan Giles played 90 mins and provided the pass for the winning goal as Middlesbrough beat Sunderland 1-0 at home

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ki Jana Hoever was replaced at half time as Jong PSV lost 3-0 at home to Oss. Jong PSV we’re 2-0 down at the time. Fair to say, PSV fans are far from impressed.. many asking if they can send him back in January.
Pity.

Just made the point on the U21 thread that, with RAN, Giles and Bueno we have some really promising talent down the left. All are continuing to improve and impress.

Looks, however, that Hoever is going the other way, sadly.

Here's hoping that a coach over there puts a proverbial rocket up his backside.

Age 16, debut for Liverpool against us

Age 18, debut for us

Age 20, from PL to Eredevisie

Age 22? Anybody's guess.

Come on, KJH, don't do a CBJ.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marques starts for FGR tonight, Ben Stevenson (remember him?) is on the bench

Tuesday:

Christian Marques started for the first time and played the full 90 mins as Forest Green Rovers got their second league win of the season. Early Dan feedback has been generally impressed commenting how quickly he’s settled in.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pity.

Just made the point on the U21 thread that, with RAN, Giles and Bueno we have some really promising talent down the left. All are continuing to improve and impress.

Looks, however, that Hoever is going the other way, sadly.

Here's hoping that a coach over there puts a proverbial rocket up his backside.

Age 16, debut for Liverpool against us

Age 18, debut for us

Age 20, from PL to Eredevisie

Age 22? Anybody's guess.

Come on, KJH, don't do a CBJ.
I've seen comments from PSV fans that think Hoever is abit of a diva.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday:

Christian Marques started for the first time and played the full 90 mins as Forest Green Rovers got their second league win of the season. Early Dan feedback has been generally impressed commenting how quickly he’s settled in.
Some additional FGR supporter comments in relation to Marques

B64AB0A9-B356-46C5-8ED5-B73C09613F4A.jpeg

A4F1FDD4-D18D-40EF-95E3-327CE46777FD.jpeg

BE760CBA-646A-4572-9EEE-18627DFB2AA4.jpeg

3219DF9B-D6DA-4DF1-9B22-FEED353453AD.jpeg760704E2-19E2-4CE3-8835-143AEABFC3FD.jpeg

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thursday:

Ki Jana Hoever was an unused substitute for PSV as they drew 1-1 at home to FK Bodø/Glimt in their opening Europa League game. They share their group with Arsenal and Grasshopper local rivals Zurich

Fabio Silva scored his 7th Anderlecht goal, netting the winners from the penalty spot in their 1-0 win at home to Silkeborg. Fabio was also booked for removing his shirt which means he’s been booked 4 times in the last 5 games. Anderlecht share their Europa Conference league group with FCSB and West Ham

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Thursday:

Ki Jana Hoever was an unused substitute for PSV as they drew 1-1 at home to FK Bodø/Glimt in their opening Europa League game. They share their group with Arsenal and Grasshopper local rivals Zurich

Fabio Silva scored his 7th Anderlecht goal, netting the winners from the penalty spot in their 1-0 win at home to Silkeborg. Fabio was also booked for removing his shirt which means he’s been booked 4 times in the last 5 games. Anderlecht share their Europa Conference league group with FCSB and West Ham
The difference in how the two players have applied themselves to their respective loans is very telling

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference in how the two players have applied themselves to their respective loans is very telling

Not just their respective loans to be fair… I think many of the same behaviours were evident last season within the club.

Obviously Bruno aired Hoever’s laundry in public but from what I can tell Silva was regularly training at home outside of normal sessions.

Hopefully the penny will drop with Ki Jana asap

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio is also technically superior to Hoever. Hoever was just ahead of the curve when it came to physical attributes. Fabio is still growing, he looks so much faster now too. I think Liverpool may have pulled our pants down.

Saw Mir come on the other night and he is a beast compared to what he was at 22. These sort of strikers take time.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just their respective loans to be fair… I think many of the same behaviours were evident last season within the club.

Obviously Bruno aired Hoever’s laundry in public but from what I can tell Silva was regularly training at home outside of normal sessions.

Hopefully the penny will drop with Ki Jana asap
But 4 bookings. Who would have thought Fabio could also be a bad boy! Just joking, but I remember him getting booked in one of his last Portugal U23 games for a bit of a robust challenge that would not have raised an eyebrow in England and thinking he is starting to look like a Premier League forward.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever sounds like he could go the same way as Borthwick-Jackson, how do Liverpool keep getting so much money for duds from their youth system

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever sounds like he could go the same way as Borthwick-Jackson, how do Liverpool keep getting so much money for duds from their youth system
tecnically gifted talented players, who then have poor attitude/ work ethic and dont turn potential they have to meet the top talents.

Remain an always could have been

When buying youth you try to by young and get the player before they cost 50m etc

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure BJ (unfortunate) came from United.
But your points still stands correct about liverpool

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I keep thinking "compared to Fabio, KJH is still a kid so maybe he'll grow out of it".

He's 6 months older than Fabio.

Chalk and cheese by the look of it, unfortunately.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies it’s in the Birmingham mail but if can battle past the terrible website there are some thoughts of a Belgian journalist on Fabio Silva

Back
Top Bottom