Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread- 2022/23

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boro commentators can't understand why Giles not playing for Wolves, creaming themselves about him.

Attacking wise has all the attributes but never really see him making that solid of a defensive contribution which will get found out in the prem. RAN makes some errors but is far more of a natural defender in comparison.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attacking wise has all the attributes but never really see him making that solid of a defensive contribution which will get found out in the prem. RAN makes some errors but is far more of a natural defender in comparison.
Which is why he is on laon again in the championshkp so he can strengthen his qualities and work on his weaker points of the game. He is still young.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wednesday:

Ryan Giles played 90 mins and provided the cross from which directly lead to an own goal for boro’s second as they drew 2-2 away at Stoke. Middlesbrough’s 4th game without a win

Louie Moulden played 90 mins and pulled off a couple of big saves as Solihull Moors drew 1-1 at home vs York.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boro commentators can't understand why Giles not playing for Wolves, creaming themselves about him.
Some comments from the oneboro forum. The TL;DR is that he can cross.

the boy Giles has the best left foot I have seen in a Boro shirt since Stewey [Downing] in his pomp
no one is talking about that left foot of Ryan Giles. Jesus, that lad can cross a ball. Best I’ve seen in a boro shirt. On the money every single time, and I mean every single time.
.the problem is Giles and Jones are so attacking, the back 3 need to be absolutely on it. And that’s where we’re struggling.
With the quality of Jones and Giles crosses it really doesn’t matter who we’ve got up top, we’ll score goals.
Serious mancrush on Giles, these crosses are magnificent.
When was the last time we had someone who could cross in open play as well as Giles?...exceptional.
Giles is brilliant
Giles is rubbish at corners.
Giles is doing F all defensively
Giles and Jones do scare defenders
Giles’ crossing is so good man. Genuinely don’t think he’s put a bad one in since being here. Every one is on the money.
Giles is producing more at the moment. I do not understand the hype about him, great when it happens but seldom does

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thursday:

Already discussed on the dedicated thread so I’ll keep it short. Fabio Silva made his 7th Anderlecht appearance playing 82 mins as the Belgian team won 1-0 away at Young Boys. Fabio’s shot was cleared which then led to the goal
On that. really good to see him quick and lively in the box, it was flying in if it wasnt for the block

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
appears fabio has already jumped ahead of esposito

Indeed. Stats wise I think Esposito was just ahead prior to their respective loans, however Esposito's were gained at lower levels (Serie B in Italy and Swiss Super League) compared to Silva who was Premier League, in lets face it, a struggling for goals Wolves team, so I was hopeful it wouldn't be an issue long term. Luckily Silva has started quickly and Esposito has yet to get off the mark

Good to see he's made an early impression (irrespective of the opposition before anyone pipes up), long may it continue.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. Stats wise I think Esposito was just ahead prior to their respective loans, however Esposito's were gained at lower levels (Serie B in Italy and Swiss Super League) compared to Silva who was Premier League, in lets face it, a struggling for goals Wolves team, so I was hopeful it wouldn't be an issue long term. Luckily Silva has started quickly and Esposito has yet to get off the mark

Good to see he's made an early impression (irrespective of the opposition before anyone pipes up), long may it continue.

I was looking into our expected goals the other day for something (works out at about 1.13 per game average this season) and I thought I'd have a little look into Anderlecht's.

I expected that they would have a significantly higher expected goals than we do, hence why Fabio was scoring a lot more.

But their expected goals per game is actually very similar to ours, at 1.2.

Which actually makes his goal-scoring achievements so far even better from that perspective.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Joe O’Shaughnessy has joined Bradford on loan. Looks like he’s gone there very much as cover (2nd/third choice) rather than to play

View attachment 29704
Good level for him, even if he doesn’t play getting to train and travel with the first team will help. Think he was on loan at Hednesford last year so it’s a step up.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday

Joe O’Shaughnessy wasn’t in the Bradford squad as they beat Hartlepool 3-1 away

Conor Coady played 90 mins as Everton drew 1-1 at home to Nottingham Forest

Dion Sanderson played 90 mins as Birmingham lost 1-0 at home to 10 man Wigan

Theo Corbeanu got his first goal for Blackpool as he started and played 64 mins in their 3-3 draw away at Burnley

Goal here:

Ryan Giles played 90 mins as Middlesbrough lost 1-0 away at Reading

Taylor Perry played 82 mins and provided an assist for Cheltenham’s goal in their 1-0 win away at Exeter

Despite getting cramp near the end, Nigel Lonwijk played 90 mins in an assured performance as Plymouth beat Forest Green 3-0 away

Lewis Richards came off the bench to play the final 17 mins as Harrogate lost 1-0 away at Barrow

Louie Moulden played 90 mins as Solihull Moors came back from 3-0 down to win 4-3 away at S****horpe

Bolla was an unused substitute as Grasshopper over came Wettswil Bonsetten 4-0 in the Swiss Cup

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feedback from a Plymouth supporting mate about Lonwijk, sounds like he's fitted in really well.

"He just brings an air of assurance to the defence. Never looks flustered, comfortable on the ball. And the bloke can jump as well, an asset in both penalty areas. Very impressed."

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Feedback from a Plymouth supporting mate about Lonwijk, sounds like he's fitted in really well.

"He just brings an air of assurance to the defence. Never looks flustered, comfortable on the ball. And the bloke can jump as well, an asset in both penalty areas. Very impressed."
I ain’t just being smart but Lonwijk has always stood out when I’ve seen him in the U23s. Always felt like he had time on the ball. I was hoping after being on loan at the Dutch top division last year he could maybe get a championship loan this year, but if he settles quickly and gets lots of playing minutes at Plymouth that’s good for him too.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour of Cundle going to Huddersfield on loan
Was hoping for a better team for him than that, but then again he will probably get plenty of games and will probably have to work quite hard so if he helps them move up the table it could be good for him.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday & Wednesday:

Quiet week so combining updates:

Joe O’Shaughnessy and Conor Coady weren’t in their respective squads as Bradford lost 2-1 (vs Blackburn) and Everton won 1-0 (vs Fleetwood) in the Carabao Cup

Ki-Jana Hoever was an unused substitute as PSV failed to qualify for the Champions League as they lost 1-0 on the night (3-2 on aggregate) vs Rangers

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thursday:

Fabio Silva played 89 mins as Anderlecht lost 1-0 on the night vs Young Boys. The game finished 1-1 on aggregate and Anderlecht made it through to the group stage of the Europa Conference League

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joe Young has joined Dartford on loan

A step up for him and joins on loan until Jan 2023 initially

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday:

Conor Coady played 90 mins and provided an assist with a long ball from defence as Everton drew 1-1 away at Brentford

Theo Corbeanu came off the bench after 79 mins and scored a late equaliser as Blackpool drew 3-3 at home to Bristol City. That’s two goals in two championship games for Theo

Goal :

Interview:

Ryan Giles effectively played the whole match (coming off in the 6th minute of injury time) and provided an assist as Middlesbrough got their first win of the season beating Swansea 2-1

Dion Sanderson played 90 mins as Birmingham lost 2-0 away at Rotherham

Taylor Perry got his first goal of the season as Cheltenham lost 2-1 at home to Oxford

Goal here:

Interview here:
Nigel Lonwijk played 90 mins and provided an assist (for former wolf Niall Ennis) as Plymouth beat Bolton 2-0 at home

Joe O’Shaughnessy wasn’t in the Bradford squad as they drew 0-0 vs Crewe

Lewis Richards came on for the second half as Harrogate Town lost 4-0 at home to Newport. It was already 4-0 when Richards came on

Louie Moulden played 90 mins and saved a penalty as Solihull Moors beat Dorking 3-0

Joe Young made his debut and played 90 mins as Dartford conceded a late goal to lose 2-1 at home to Worthing

Bendeguz Bolla and Hayao Kawabe both started as Grasshoppers lost 3-1 away at Servette. Bolla was booked and played 90 mins and Kawabe played 85 mins in Grasshoppers first defeat of the season

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday:

In contrast to yesterday, it was a bit of a quiet day….

Leonardo Campana is still nursing a thigh injury so was missing from Inter Miami’s 3-1 loss away at New York Red Bulls

Ki-Jana Hoever was an unused substitute as PSV beat Excelsior 6-1 away

Bruno Jordao wasn’t in the Santa Clara squad as they lost 1-0 away at his old loan club Famalicao

Fabio Silva was a half time substitute playing the whole 2nd half however his presence wasn’t enough to rescue a result for Anderlecht who lost 2-1 away at Royale Union SG

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good weekend for our loanees especially on Saturday. Have a feeling there will be a few more players for you to keep an eye on by the time the window shuts @giantwolf!
Yes, Saturday was definitely one of the better days we’ve had for a long time in terms of loaner output (goals and assists).

Be interesting to see who goes out… Cundle clearly but beyond that…. ?? Mosquera maybe (but maybe subject to Boly), Marques is due one but wonder if he’ll stay at least until January to get some more back 4 minutes under his belt. Campbell… possibly subject to Hwang movement?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bank holiday Monday action:

Joe Young made his second Dartford appearance playing 90 mins, securing a clean sheet in their 2-0 away win at Hemel Hempstead

Louie Moulden played 90 mins as Solihull Moors lost 1-0 away at Notts County

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom