Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread- 2022/23

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The loans are starting to fall into place now and those already on loan, their friendly games are picking up, so time for this seasons loan thread.

As before the first post will be a list of the loans we have in place and I’ll provide updates ongoing as and when.

Goalkeepers:

Louie Moulden - Solihull Moors (National League)- loan until January 2023. (Home grown/u21)

Joe Young - Dartford FC (National League South) - loan until January 2023 (Home grown/u21)

Joe Young - Telford Utd (National League North) - loan until Summer 2023 (Home grown/u21)

Joe O'Shaugnessy- - Bradford City (League Two) - season long (Homegrown/u21)

Matija Sarkic - Stoke City (Championship) - until summer 2023 (Home grown)

Jackson Smith - Walsall (League One) - until summer 2023 (u21/Homegrown)

Defenders:

Bendeguz Bolla
- Grasshoppers (Swiss Super League) - season long (Quota)

Ryan Giles - Middlesbrough (Championship) - season long (Home grown)

Ki-Jana Hoever - PSV (Eredivisie) - season long (u21/Homegrown)

Ki Jana Hoever - Stoke City (Championship) - until the summer (u21)

Jack Scott -St Patrick’s (Irish Premier Division) - season long ends November’22) (u21/homegrown). Loan ended 12th July

Dion Sanderson - Birmingham City (Championship) - season long (Homegrown)

Lewis Richards- Harrogate Town (League 2) - season long (u21/Homegrown) - Back at Wolves injured

Conor Coady - Everton (Premier League) - season long (Homegrown)

Nigel Lonwijk - Plymouth (League 1) - season long (u21)

Christian Marques - Wycombe (League 1) - season long (u21) - Back at Wolves injured

Yerson Mosquera - Cincinnati (MLS) - summer 2023 initially (Quota)

Midfielders:

Hayao Kawabe
- Grasshoppers (Swiss Super League) - season long (Quota)

Taylor Perry - Cheltenham Town (League One) - season long (u21/Homegrown)

Bruno Jordao - Santa Clara (Portuguese Premiera League)- season long (Quota)

Luke Cundle - Swansea City (Championship) - season long (u21/Homegrown)

Forwards:

Leonardo Campana - Inter Miami (MLS) - season long ends October ‘22 (Quota) - Permanently with Inter Miami now

Sang-Bin Jeong - Grasshoppers (Swiss Super League) - season long (u21)

Fabio Silva - RSC Anderlecht (Belgian First Division) - season long (u21)

Fabio Silva - PSV (Dutch Eredivisie) - until summer 2023 (u21)

Theo Corbeanu - Blackpool (Championship) - season long (u21) - back at Wolves injured

Theo Corbeanu - Arminia Bielefeld (Bundesliga 2) - summer 2023 (u21)

Goncalo Guedes - Benfica (Liga Portugal) - summer 2023 (Quota)

Totals:

Out on loan = 18
U21/Homegrown = 13
Quota = 5 (8 allowed)

There are now limits on the number of loan players - 8 in and 8 out (reducing to 7 and then 6) over the next two years. There is also a limit of 3 to anyone club (Grasshoppers). However homegrown and u21 players do not count towards the 8 or the 3 to one club

Last edited:

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please can someone explain how this works now, ie. what is allowed, quota, etc.....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Finally a decent thread. You did a fab job last year @giantwolf.

Looking forward to seeing how Giles does at Middlesbrough and I do think the loan to PSV will make or break Hoever. My ultimate thought is that he’ll not have a career at Wolves while Lage is manager but we’ll see.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please can someone explain how this works now, ie. what is allowed, quota, etc.....

There are now limits on the number of loan players - 8 in and 8 out (reducing to 7 and then 6 over the next two years). There is also a limit of 3 to anyone club (Grasshoppers). However homegrown and u21 players do not count towards the 8 or the 3 to one club

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
There are now limits on the number of loan players - 8 in and 8 out (reducing to 7 and then 6) over the next two years. There is also a limit of 3 to anyone club (Grasshoppers). However homegrown and u21 players do not count towards the 8 or the 3 to one club
giantwolf. Thanks. This would sit well in the OP

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are now limits on the number of loan players - 8 in and 8 out (reducing to 7 and then 6 over the next two years). There is also a limit of 3 to anyone club (Grasshoppers). However homegrown and u21 players do not count towards the 8 or the 3 to one club
This this a home ruling or Eufa or FIFA.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This this a home ruling or Eufa or FIFA.
FIFA, so technically only international loans at present. Domestic associations have up to 3 years to implement so for some of our loans, my categories might be premature, however I’m keeping a tally out of interest.

One interesting knock on effect might be loans to the likes of Cardiff/Swansea might only happy IF no other English clubs are interested as this would count as an international loan.

Last edited:

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Giant Wolf.

Not sure what it says about me that I often find the loan updates more interesting than first team matters. I mean the vast majority of these guys never play for the Wolves first team...

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Giant Wolf.

Not sure what it says about me that I often find the loan updates more interesting than first team matters. I mean the vast majority of these guys never play for the Wolves first team...
According to some on here, they'll all be starting at Leeds ;)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dion Sanderson has gone back to Blues.

Looking back with hindsight it would probably have been better to leave him there last season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking back with hindsight it would probably have been better to leave him there last season.
I’m not sure you even need hindsight.
He was settled in the the team and playing regularly; always seemed daft to move him. (Assuming there weren’t other factors involved).

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m not sure you even need hindsight.
He was settled in the the team and playing regularly; always seemed daft to move him. (Assuming there weren’t other factors involved).

Have to say, I was an advocate of him moving on last season for a different type of challenge, and he will have learnt from that. The club sending him back to Blues this season though makes me think both they & I were wrong, or at the very least make me think "what was the point". As @WickedWolfie said, in hindsight, he'd have been better off staying there last season and moving onto that different type of challenge this season.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say, I was an advocate of him moving on last season for a different type of challenge, and he will have learnt from that. The club sending him back to Blues this season though makes me think both they & I were wrong, or at the very least make me thing "what was the point". As @WickedWolfie said, in hindsight, he'd have been better off staying there last season and moving onto that different type of challenge this season.
Move them if their not playing. Or if they are doing fantastically well and you can move them up a division, otherwise let them settle in and play.

I think there was a statement that accompanied Bolas return to grasshoppers which stated things like how it was good for a player to go back where he is familiar and can just get on with playing and imposing himself.
I think it is a lesson that has been learnt by our loans department.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say, I was an advocate of him moving on last season for a different type of challenge, and he will have learnt from that. The club sending him back to Blues this season though makes me think both they & I were wrong, or at the very least make me think "what was the point". As @WickedWolfie said, in hindsight, he'd have been better off staying there last season and moving onto that different type of challenge this season.
Think you and l are in the same place.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Move them if their not playing. Or if they are doing fantastically well and you can move them up a division, otherwise let them settle in and play.

I think there was a statement that accompanied Bolas return to grasshoppers which stated things like how it was good for a player to go back where he is familiar and can just get on with playing and imposing himself.
I think it is a lesson that has been learnt by our loans department.

Agreed, its a fine balance though - sometimes if a better opportunity presents itself, sometimes for development its worth taking. Clearly in this instance it wasn't. Genuinely think Bolla would have been best off moving on this season but I can only assume the right offers didn't come about.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Good move for Dion. I like what they’ve said on the website, games under his belt in an environment he knows.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for Dion. I like what they’ve said on the website, games under his belt in an environment he knows.
Yes and no. A change of manager can mean a major change in the environment.

Back
Top Bottom