Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today’s round up.

Matija Sarkic and Dion Sanderson played 90 mins as Birmingham drew 0-0 at home to Preston. That was Matija’s fifth clean sheet in 9 appearances. Today was Dion’s 3rd appearance in a Blues shirt, but was his first league start

Ryan Giles made his first appearance in 4 games after a COVID layoff, coming on at half time in Cardiff’s 5-1 loss away at Blackburn. Giles provided the assist for Cardiff’s goal (his 5th in 6 games)

Morgan Gibbs White played 90mins and was booked as Sheff United got a late 1-0 win at home vs Derby

Theo Corbeanu’s difficult start to life at Sheff Wed continued as he wasn’t in the squad for their 1-1 draw vs Ipswich

Taylor Perry came off the bench at half time as Cheltenham lost 2-0 away at Wigan

Jackson Smith wasn’t in the squad as Kettering lost 2-1 at home vs Spennymoor

Luke Matheson played 90 mins as Hamilton drew 0-0 away at Dunfermline. Today was a year to the day that Matheson scored that goal at Old Trafford

Nigel Lonwijk came on in the 89th minute (but effectively played 9 mins due to injury time) as Sittard drew 1-1 away at Vitesse

Renat Dadashov played 90 mins, was booked and scored the winner as Tondela beat Famalicao 3-2 at home. That was Renat’s 2nd full 90 mins of the season and his 2nd goal.

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today’s round up.

Matija Sarkic and Dion Sanderson played 90 mins as Birmingham drew 0-0 at home to Preston. That was Matija’s fifth clean sheet in 9 appearances. Today was Dion’s 3rd appearance in a Blues shirt, but was his first league start

Ryan Giles made his first appearance in 4 games after a COVID layoff, coming on at half time in Cardiff’s 5-1 loss away at Blackburn. Giles provided the assist for Cardiff’s goal (his 5th in 6 games)

Morgan Gibbs White played 90mins and was booked as Sheff United got a late 1-0 win at home vs Derby

Theo Corbeanu’s difficult start to live at Sheff Utd continued as he wasn’t in the squad for their 1-1 draw vs Ipswich

Taylor Perry came off the bench at half time as Cheltenham lost 2-0 away at Wigan

Jackson Smith wasn’t in the squad as Kettering lost 2-1 at home vs Spennymoor

Luke Matheson played 90 mins as Hamilton drew 0-0 away at Dunfermline. Today was a year to the day that Matheson scored that goal at Old Trafford

Nigel Lonwijk came on in the 89th minute (but effectively played 9 mins due to injury time) as Sittard drew 1-1 away at Vitesse

Renat Dadashov played 90 mins, was booked and scored the winner as Tondela beat Famalicao 3-2 at home. That was Renat’s 2nd full 90 mins of the season and his 2nd goal.
Renat’s goal can be seen at the end of this highlight reel. He was also awarded MOTM

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cutrone on as from 79th minute in Empoli's 4-2 victory at home to Bologna

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today’s round up

Connor Ronan put in a MOTM performance scoring two goals in a 90 minute appearance as St Mirren best Aberdeen 3-2 at home. Austin Samuels featured for Aberdeen making an appearance from the bench in the 72nd minute

Ronan’s 2nd goal can be seen here:

62C998EB-4185-4F33-8343-22D806A0304F.jpeg

Andreas Sondergaard was an unused substitute as his team Randers lost 1-0 away at top of the league Midtjylland

Patrick Cutrone came off the bench in the 79th minute as Empoli won 4-2 at home vs Bologna

Toti Gomes was back in the starting line up alongside Bendeguz Bolla and Leo Bonatini as Grasshoppers won 3-1 at home against Sion. Gomes played 90 mins, Bolla played 87 mins and scored his first grasshoppers goal and Leo Bonatini got an assist in his 71 minute appearance being replaced by Leo Campana

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today’s round up

Connor Ronan put in a MOTM performance scoring two goals in a 90 minute appearance as St Mirren best Aberdeen 3-2 at home. Austin Samuels featured for Aberdeen making an appearance from the bench in the 72nd minute

Ronan’s 2nd goal can be seen here:

View attachment 24126

Andreas Sondergaard was an unused substitute as his team Randers lost 1-0 away at top of the league Midtjylland

Patrick Cutrone came off the bench in the 79th minute as Empoli won 4-2 at home vs Bologna

Toti Gomes was back in the starting line up alongside Bendeguz Bolla and Leo Bonatini as Grasshoppers won 3-1 at home against Sion. Gomes played 90 mins, Bolla played 87 mins and scored his first grasshoppers goal and Leo Bonatini got an assist in his 71 minute appearance being replaced by Leo Campana
Bolla’s goal is here

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happened to Campana?

Still fit (which is a win based on the last few seasons).

He's played 7 games, scored 3 goals, most of which came early on when their form was patchy as they adjusted to life in the division. Since then they've had a couple of forwards return from injury including Bonatini and changed formation slightly and are now 4 unbeaten (in the league) since the end of the transfer window. He'll get games but they are actually reasonably well stocked (in numbers) for forwards

He is still their top scorer, for now.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
could have sat on our bench instead of having 2 goalies

Totally agree. Still cant understand why we let both him and Lonwijk go. One should have stayed here until January as cover rather than sitting on the bench at a club abroad.

Really rate Marques. Right sided centre back as well and we dont appear to have many of them.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. Still cant understand why we let both him and Lonwijk go. One should have stayed here until January as cover rather than sitting on the bench at a club abroad.

Really rate Marques. Right sided centre back as well and we dont appear to have many of them.
I think they both could go out to a L1 or L2 club. They won't learn much sat on the bench where they are.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think they both could go out to a L1 or L2 club. They won't learn much sat on the bench where they are.
I agree with a lot of what you both contribute to this thread and the u23 one, but I’m going to stick my neck out here on this one as I disagree.

Whilst they aren’t playing much (and I really do hope they’ll get a decent crack sooner rather than later), I think being in and around a first team setting day in day out and fighting to impress in new surroundings is more benefit development wise than spending 50% of the week with our first team and maybe making up the numbers on the bench but NEVER likely to play (especially as we’re out of the Carabao).

Could they have got some game time in L1/L2, almost certainly but I don’t think the playing style would be right. I’d imagine we want both these guys to be confident and comfortable on the ball… I don’t think strikers in those leagues would give you time to do that

Just my view and I respect your perspective too.

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of both what you contribute to this thread and the u23 one, but I’m going to stick my neck out here on this one as I disagree.

Whilst they aren’t playing much (and I really do hope they’ll get a decent crack sooner rather than later), I think being in and around a first team setting day in day out and fighting to impress in new surroundings is more benefit development wise than spending 50% of the week with our first team and maybe making up the numbers on the bench but NEVER likely to play (especially as we’re out of the Carabao).

Could they have got some game time in L1/L2, almost certainly but I don’t think the playing style would be right. I’d imagine we want both these guys to be confident and comfortable on the ball… I don’t think strikers in those leagues would give you time to do that

That's a very considered view and one I hadn't appreciated.

Something to think about from my perspective anyway as a benefit I hadn't thought about

Thank you

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you both contribute to this thread and the u23 one, but I’m going to stick my neck out here on this one as I disagree.

Good points. Do hope both Lonwijk and Marques are getting more minutes soon though.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Four of our players starting in the championship tonight. Giles for Cardiff, MGW for Sheff Utd, Dion Sanderson and Sarkic for Blouse. Good luck lads.
No Corbeanu again… to be fair the Sheff Wed fans are as baffled as we are

In addition to the above… Joe Young plays for Runcorn and Ruben Vinagre is on the bench for Sporting vs Dortmund. Taylor Perry starts for Cheltenham

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taylor Perry playing for Cheltenham in L1 who are currently 4-0 to Sunderland

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryan Giles played 90 mins as Cardiff lost their 4th consecutive Championship game 4-0 at home to West Brom

Morgan Gibbs White played 90 mins as Sheff Utd lost 2-0 away at Middlesbrough

Dion Sanderson and Matija Sarkic played 90 mins as Blues lost 2-0 away at QPR

Taylor Perry played 70 mins as Cheltenham lost 5-0 away at Sunderland

Theo Corbeanu wasn’t in the squad as Sheff Wed won 2-1 away at Wigan

Ruben Vinagre was an unused substitute as Sporting lost 1-0 away at Dortmund

Joe Young played 90 mins as Runcorn Linnets drew 3-3 at home vs City of Liverpool FC

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Ryan Giles played 90 mins as Cardiff lost their 4th consecutive Championship game 4-0 at home to West Brom

Morgan Gibbs White played 90 mins as Sheff Utd lost 2-0 away at Middlesbrough

Dion Sanderson and Matija Sarkic played 90 mins as Blues lost 2-0 away at QPR

Taylor Perry played 70 mins as Cheltenham lost 5-0 away at Sunderland

Theo Corbeanu wasn’t in the squad as Sheff Wed won 2-1 away at Wigan

Ruben Vinagre was an unused substitute as Sporting lost 1-0 away at Dortmund

Joe Young played 90 mins as Runcorn Linnets drew 3-3 at home vs City of Liverpool FC
So not a great night huh?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Oskar Buur was lining up for the official Team photo today so it’s safe to assume (as I expected) that he is no longer considered a loan player at Grasshoppers.

Hopefully full recovery and some u23 games before Christmas with a loan elsewhere in January might be the plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom