Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Socks

Groupie
Reaction score
Everything I've posted here is tangible. Here it is again, in case you missed it:

1. Liverpool have an element of gloryhunting armchair fans.
  2. Steven Gerrard has submitted at least one transfer request at Liverpool.
  3. Suarez clearly abused Patrice Evra during a match that was broadcast throughout the world for all to see.
  4. Liverpool fans blindly stuck by him, even though as I mentioned he clearly racially abused Patrice Evra.
  5. A Liverpool fanzine included cut-out "support Suarez" masks and encouraged fans to treat Patrice Evra as if he were a liar.
  6. When Brighton fans brought this up during their cup fixture, they were targeted with homophobic abuse from the Kop.
  7. On the back of their latest kit, the number 96 appears around the collar by way of a tribute/deeply disrespectful marketing gimmick.
I don't read red-top newspapers, so I can't form any opinions based on the dross that they print. I can however form opinions from tangible facts. On balance, Liverpool Football Club is not an organisation I have any real respect for - does this somehow make me less of a Wolves fan? I wasn't born until 1990 so if there's any positive coming from Liverpool that I've missed, please feel free to fill me in on it.

Kenny Dalglish however is someone I have great respect for. It took a tremendous character to handle the Hillsborough Disaster in the way he did, going to the funerals of the victims one by one. The use of the disaster by the club for marketing purposes is something that all football fans should be disgusted by. It's because of the sacrifice of these people that we today get to go to away games and be treated with respect, not like cattle as the victims were.

I agree with your entire post but would add that when everyone is celebrating/grieving the Hillsborough anniversary they should also do similar for Heysel.......or was that nothing to do with Liverpool fans.

A

andyc225

I agree with your entire post but would add that when everyone is celebrating/grieving the Hillsborough anniversary they should also do similar for Heysel.......or was that nothing to do with Liverpool fans.

And the Munich air disaster that Liverpool fans seem to take delight in.

D

Dewsburywolf

Juventus fans weren't exactly blameless. Not that I'm in any way admonishing Liverpool fans of any blame either

W

WasStefan

I will $$$$ myself if Martinez gets the Liverpool job. Most over rated, useless manager in the league. Narrowly kept Wigan up twice yet he's portrayed as this young, upcoming manager who can't do nothing wrong.

This sticking ship that is Liverpool is going to sink even further!

S

Speckled Jim

FFS, are there not enough people on here with an appreciation of what this bloke means to that football club to appreciate why this might be just the slightest bit awkward for them?

The way Dalglish conducted himself in the aftermath of Hillsborough alone should grant him the respect of true football fans across this land, let alone in Liverpool.

The Suarez affair this season? Yes he's handled aspects of it badly but he's been let down hugely by a player that didn't deserve his trust or loyalty.

Got to admit that That although I detest the name the club and the reluctance to accept they are now a spent force.the way the club and players reacted to the Suarez affair this comment is spot on.
well put

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will $$$$ myself if Martinez gets the Liverpool job. Most over rated, useless manager in the league. Narrowly kept Wigan up twice yet he's portrayed as this young, upcoming manager who can't do nothing wrong.

This sticking ship that is Liverpool is going to sink even further!

I concur! (Well, sort of!)

Roberto Martinez has taken control of Wigan and....kept them a lower level to that which Bruce had them playing at.

He hasn't done a bad job at all, but if he was named Bob Martins, people would be pouring scorn on the suggestion that he will be the next Liverpool manager.

[I feel bad saying this as now Mick and Woy are gone, he's my favourite PL manager. I hope he doesn't tarnish that by going to Liverpool]

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Rogers has turned down a Liverpool approach........respect!

B

Bankswolf II

Brenden Rogers should be bought flowers from every footballing club bar liverpool for that move, proper respect

This thread is amazing though there was one scouse bloke who said "Reinas $$$$ lets go buy Hart" like its that simple and one poster who after 9 posts had given up supporting them, mates I know are $$$$ting themselves over gettting Martinez it seems they can see the woods for the trees in terms of Martinez management ability, looks like getting rid of woy is the worst mistake they ever made

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Disgusting city, disgusting club, disgusting fans. I had to live there for 10 years, and I detest every second I spent there. Didn't realise at the time- but it is the worst city in the World. Hope they employ Martinez and they get relegated.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  1. Suarez clearly abused Patrice Evra during a match that was broadcast throughout the world for all to see.
  2. Liverpool fans blindly stuck by him, even though as I mentioned he clearly racially abused Patrice Evra.
Two men in a heated argument both insulting each other. The fact that Evra insulted Suarez for being South American has been conveniently ignored for the sake of so called political correctness gone mad. So it seems that it is okay to insult some people but not others.
Good luck to Dalglish for standing up for his player.

L

liquidatorwolf

Two men in a heated argument both insulting each other. The fact that Evra insulted Suarez for being South American has been conveniently ignored for the sake of so called political correctness gone mad. So it seems that it is okay to insult some people but not others.
Good luck to Dalglish for standing up for his player.

If I was called European, I would congratulate them for being geographically accurate, retailiating by stating his skin tone, in a word that is often associated with slave trade is absolute filth.

The argument that it was cultural is valld, but defending what he said is wronng of you OGWC.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was called European, I would congratulate them for being geographically accurate, retailiating by stating his skin tone, in a word that is often associated with slave trade is absolute filth.

The argument that it was cultural is valld, but defending what he said is wronng of you OGWC.
No it is not wrong of me. It is my opinion and you can try to make me feel wrong but it wont wrong. An insult is an insult. Evra admitted he insulted Suarez which you obviously condone and start making excuses for.
It seems that it is okay in your book to insult someone because of where they come from but not to make a factual statement. Negra or however it is spelt means black which Evra is in the same way I am white. If someone calls me white I am not going to feel insulted by it.
As for the slave bit there are probably just as many white slaves as black.
Its perception.

L

Lycanthrope

I find most of the Merseyside based Liverpool fans to be ok and fairly knowledgable about the game in general. It's usually their arm chair replica kit decked fans who spout the most $$$$e.

L

liquidatorwolf

No it is not wrong of me. It is my opinion and you can try to make me feel wrong but it wont wrong. An insult is an insult. Evra admitted he insulted Suarez which you obviously condone and start making excuses for.
It seems that it is okay in your book to insult someone because of where they come from but not to make a factual statement. Negra or however it is spelt means black which Evra is in the same way I am white. If someone calls me white I am not going to feel insulted by it.
Its perception.

Evra is French. Now if Suarez insulted him by stating he was French or European, then Ok I agree with you.

But on multiple occasions Suarez was repeatedly mentioning the fact he was black, you can't honestly think that's fair?

mak1

Reaction score
Its perception.

Haha you couldn't make this $$$$ up. You really are a pathetic person aren't you.

K

kidderminster wolf

how can you cheer a german side on when your english, how many germans will be cheering for chelsea? oh wait. none, liverpool fans really are idiots. I hope they end up like the villa!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
For the record, as far as MolMix goes, derogatory remarks aimed at anyone on the basis of their colour or nationality are unacceptable.

P

PeteWolf

how can you cheer a german side on when your english, how many germans will be cheering for chelsea? oh wait. none,
You'd be surprised, Bayern are hated like Manure are in this country. I've got an Austrian friend who's filled Facebook up with come on Chelsea messages this morning!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha you couldn't make this $$$$ up. You really are a pathetic person aren't you.
Maybe but I will allow you take first prize on this. You seem to be better at personal insults than I am.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evra is French. Now if Suarez insulted him by stating he was French or European, then Ok I agree with you.

But on multiple occasions Suarez was repeatedly mentioning the fact he was black, you can't honestly think that's fair?
Sorry can you remind me what colour Evra is. There should be no insult in being black.

L

liquidatorwolf

Sorry can you remind me what colour Evra is. There should be no insult in being black.

Evra stated he was South American, a geographically speaking accurate statement, Suarez was racist :confused:

If you were in America and a Black guy called you a European it's never in a million years right to respond by being racist.

Review what happened again if you don't think it's racist.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm amazed that after all that has happened there are still people supporting Suarez. :embarassed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom