Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They can't be serious.

Yes they got to two cup finals but the one they did win, they had to win on penalties against a Championship side.

They finished 8th, spent 100m since he's been there on poor players, his handling of the Suarez affair was shocking, they finished behind Everton, they won 6 games at home all season and they think sacking him is wrong & a disgrace?

They are and will always be amongst of the most delusional fans in world football. I was hoping "king" kenny would stay so he could sink them to new depths.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I could happily live in a world devoid of Koppites. Real Liverpudlians support Everton. Fact.

A

andyc225

A great percentage of them are plastic gloryhunters. When they're not getting their fix, as a team coming in 8th and winning on penalties against Cardiff City to win a cup isn't, they take their money elsewhere.

But no, he's the King.

W

Westport Wolf

Just read a classic there... On the first page, one dillusional scouser says he wants a good manager, ie, not Brendan Rogers!!! That'll be a young up and coming manager who has his team playing good possesional football. Oh, and he also manages the team that just beat Liverpool on the last day of the season! These Liverpool clowns are completely blinkered.

Reaction score
Although we surely wouldn't be that bad, this is why Bully can never get involved at Wolves again. No-one would want to see him go.

Reaction score
For the reason I put afterwards! Dalgliesh stayed way too long, and even now they didn't want him gone, through the blind loyalty to 'King Kenny'. Wolves fans couldn't be objective over Steve Bull if he was here again in a management/coaching role (that he's talked about before), unless it was one of the very rare appointments that begins a long lasting successful period. There'd come a time when he'd have to go and it'd sour the memory. Best to keep him as a legend from his playing days, IMO!

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could happily live in a world devoid of Koppites. Real Liverpudlians support Everton. Fact.

I know more than a few boozers in Liverpool i would love to take you in, invite you to stand on a table and try to convince the local clientele of your 'fact'.

I'll call the ambulance now.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should pay a visit to RAWK. Makes Wagstaffe's pining for MM look tame in comparison

W

Womble19

2 comments that sum up the premier league at the moment and why many of us are losing the love we once had for football

Slowly falling out of love with football. This obsession that we all buy in to about 'the top 4'. Wow! Finish ******* 4th and get a nice big cheque buct **** all silvery and shiny to be displayed forever in the trophy room next to all the other lovely shiny things that Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Souness, Evans, Benitez, Dalglish won. Where has the game gone when fans can want to finish potless but 4th rather than win 2 shiny things? Shankly would be turning in his grave about the game these days and I think I'm turning away from it too.

Got to admit, I've felt the same way for a while. Sky-induced plastic excitement about multi-millionaires not giving a toss whether they win, lose or draw. When you analyse the emotion that you, as a supporter, put into the game, you end up wondering "why?"

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ didn't realise how stupid some Liverpool fans are...

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should pay a visit to RAWK. Makes Wagstaffe's pining for MM look tame in comparison

FFS, are there not enough people on here with an appreciation of what this bloke means to that football club to appreciate why this might be just the slightest bit awkward for them?

The way Dalglish conducted himself in the aftermath of Hillsborough alone should grant him the respect of true football fans across this land, let alone in Liverpool.

The Suarez affair this season? Yes he's handled aspects of it badly but he's been let down hugely by a player that didn't deserve his trust or loyalty.

S

SimplyTheWolves

For the reason I put afterwards! Dalgliesh stayed way too long, and even now they didn't want him gone, through the blind loyalty to 'King Kenny'. Wolves fans couldn't be objective over Steve Bull if he was here again in a management/coaching role (that he's talked about before), unless it was one of the very rare appointments that begins a long lasting successful period. There'd come a time when he'd have to go and it'd sour the memory. Best to keep him as a legend from his playing days, IMO!

I agree in many ways, but not everyone departs a club in such circumstances, there’s always the exception.

A

andyc225

I can't stand anything about Liverpool FC. From Stevie G - the local hero who puts in a transfer request from time to time to the plastic supporters decked out in their replica kit (I saw one in Waitrose this afternoon, he looked like a nonce with his Liverpool cap, jacket and trackies on - when he went to the till he had the broadest Wolves accent going), all the way down to sticking up for a racist moron like Suarez. They even milk the memory of the 96 as a sales gimmick on the back of their new shirts in the guise of a subtle tribute.

Oh yeah, and the Kop experience is $$$$ too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
King Kenny . . .the most miserable man in football!

His posturing over the Suarez affair lost him a lot of respect!

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS, are there not enough people on here with an appreciation of what this bloke means to that football club to appreciate why this might be just the slightest bit awkward for them?

The way Dalglish conducted himself in the aftermath of Hillsborough alone should grant him the respect of true football fans across this land, let alone in Liverpool.

The Suarez affair this season? Yes he's handled aspects of it badly but he's been let down hugely by a player that didn't deserve his trust or loyalty.

Oh, so issuing death threats against the owners for canning him is ok then?

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't stand anything about Liverpool FC. From Stevie G - the local hero who puts in a transfer request from time to time to the plastic supporters decked out in their replica kit (I saw one in Waitrose this afternoon, he looked like a nonce with his Liverpool cap, jacket and trackies on - when he came to the till he had the broadest Wolves accent going), all the way down to sticking up for a racist moron like Suarez. They even milk the memory of the 96 as a sales gimmick on the back of their new shirts in the guise of a subtle tribute.

Oh yeah, and the Kop experience is $$$$ too.

Well, there's one of the top 5 clubs in the history of world football neatly encapsulated in a convenient little patchwork of generalisations, assumptions and half truths.

Like a lot of Wolves 'fans' your footballing world ends just the other side of the ring road.

Why find things to hate in our game when there's so much to love and respect.

A

andyc225

Well, there's one of the top 5 clubs in the history of world football neatly encapsulated in a convenient little patchwork of generalisations, assumptions and half truths.

Like a lot of Wolves 'fans' your footballing world ends just the other side of the ring road.

Why find things to hate in our game when there's so much to love and respect.

But what is there to "love and respect" about Liverpool Football Club? The racism and homophobia emanating from their stands? The constant feeling of being a victim? Oh wait, they won the league a few times before I was born.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, so issuing death threats against the owners for canning him is ok then?

Yes it is. They deserve to die along with the entire population of Liverpool because that's what they're all like....thieving, murdering low lives every last one of them.

Tool.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what is there to "love and respect" about Liverpool Football Club? The racism and homophobia emanating from their stands? The constant feeling of being a victim? Oh wait, they won the league a few times before I was born.

Why borrow and recycle cliches and accepted tabloid 'wisdom' and pass them off as opinions when you could make the effort and have a few of your own?

A

andyc225

Why borrow and recycle cliches and accepted tabloid 'wisdom' and pass them off as opinions when you could make the effort and have a few of your own?

Everything I've posted here is tangible. Here it is again, in case you missed it:

1. Liverpool have an element of gloryhunting armchair fans.
  2. Steven Gerrard has submitted at least one transfer request at Liverpool.
  3. Suarez clearly abused Patrice Evra during a match that was broadcast throughout the world for all to see.
  4. Liverpool fans blindly stuck by him, even though as I mentioned he clearly racially abused Patrice Evra.
  5. A Liverpool fanzine included cut-out "support Suarez" masks and encouraged fans to treat Patrice Evra as if he were a liar.
  6. When Brighton fans brought this up during their cup fixture, they were targeted with homophobic abuse from the Kop.
  7. On the back of their latest kit, the number 96 appears around the collar by way of a tribute/deeply disrespectful marketing gimmick.
I don't read red-top newspapers, so I can't form any opinions based on the dross that they print. I can however form opinions from tangible facts. On balance, Liverpool Football Club is not an organisation I have any real respect for - does this somehow make me less of a Wolves fan? I wasn't born until 1990 so if there's any positive coming from Liverpool that I've missed, please feel free to fill me in on it.

Kenny Dalglish however is someone I have great respect for. It took a tremendous character to handle the Hillsborough Disaster in the way he did, going to the funerals of the victims one by one. The use of the disaster by the club for marketing purposes is something that all football fans should be disgusted by. It's because of the sacrifice of these people that we today get to go to away games and be treated with respect, not like cattle as the victims were.

T

TonySoprano

So in this thread we've found out who Chungster really supports. :eek:

Although I do disagree with some of the stuff said, Liverpool is a top city and wouldn't say all real Liverpudlians support Everton either. A bit like saying Manchester has more City fans when anybody who knows anything knows that isn't true.

The way the club and its supporters play the victim card all the time makes me sick mind, funny they don't mention Heysel too often. :rolleyes:

W

wanderer24

I've spoken to a few Liverpool fans recently and they couldn't believe that it was even being debated that he should get sack. They have this blind loyalty to 'king kenny' and genuinely believe that he did a good job. They argue that he took over when they were in relegation trouble and they've got into Europe and won a cup so hes been a great success.

Kenny is a tool of a manager and his record was poor.

R

RichDavi

Some of them bemuse me.

One nob on Twitter said "Why appoint AVB when he's won less than Kenny this year, it doesn't make sense?"

$$$$ me and nnw thought we were attached to McCarthy

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it is. They deserve to die along with the entire population of Liverpool because that's what they're all like....thieving, murdering low lives every last one of them.

Tool.

all might be pushing it a bit as I know one or two decent Everton fans, but agree with the general sentiment

C

cooper_J

Constant moaning, sense of entitlement, still dining on past glories...

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does a glory hunter do when the glory has gone???

Blame everyone else.

D

Danwolf

Liverpool fans - deluded?

Whatever are you talking about?

Just read this completely fair, non-biased comparison of Man Utd & Liverpool by a Liverpool fan:

http://live4liverpool.com/2011/08/view-from-the-kop/are-united-really-that-much-better-than-us

Haha that is hilarious. Carragher better than Ferdinand, Gerrard better than Giggs, Downing as good as Young, Kuyt as good as Nani, Suarez better than Rooney...bloody hell I know football fans are biased but that's taking it a bit far.

I hate Liverpool. They are now an average premier league team (full of average players) that happens to have a lot of history.

A

andyc225

Some of them bemuse me.

One nob on Twitter said "Why appoint AVB when he's won less than Kenny this year, it doesn't make sense?"

$$$$ me and nnw thought we were attached to McCarthy

On that point, why sack Roy? He won more than Dalglish in his time at Anfield.

Trill

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Liverpool fans - deluded?

Whatever are you talking about?

Just read this completely fair, non-biased comparison of Man Utd & Liverpool by a Liverpool fan:

http://live4liverpool.com/2011/08/view-from-the-kop/are-united-really-that-much-better-than-us

Really, Young or Downing?, well we've seen who's won that. Lucas hasn't played all season. Henderson has been a huge dissapointment, Adam hasn't done great either. And i'm not even going to bother with Carroll.

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score
Love how they used to give it big about Man U being owned by Americans, 5live used to play some scouser with an anti-yank poem all the time, now it haunts them bigtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom