Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

line up with current players?

el gringo

Reaction score
don't slay me - I don't get to many games. Iorfa could be rubbish, as far as I know:

Ikeme
Iorfa, Baath, Stearman, Hause
Price
Van LaParra, Wallace, Saville
Afobe

Ikeme
Van LaParra, Saville, Wallace, Boukari
Dicko, Afobe

Ikeme
Iorfa, Stearman, Hause
Price
Van LaParra, Saville, Dicko, Boukari
Dicko, Afobe

nothing about this is practical, so don't waste our time with "Boukari won't get off the treatment table" - if you know that you should win every bet ever placed and be too rich to waste your time on MolineuxMix..

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missing a player in the first squad and last squads.

And in the last squad you have 2 Dickos.

Why no McDonald or Golbourne?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I had to pick the starting 11 right now, I'd play this;

Ikeme
Doherty Batth Stearman Golbourne
Price
Henry McDonald Wallace
Afobe Dicko

Very narrow midfield with the full backs pushing forward.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Wallace plays on the right of midfield or in the hole. Why would we buy him and then put him on the left wing? He's an upgrade on Edwards, not Sako's replacement.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missing a player in the first squad and last squads.

And in the last squad you have 2 Dickos.

Why no McDonald or Golbourne?

I think the confusion may have stemmed from the fact that Rajeev Van LaParra is a single person, not the two people Mr. Van and Mr. La Parra :D :rolleyes:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wallace plays on the right of midfield or in the hole. Why would we buy him and then put him on the left wing? He's an upgrade on Edwards, not Sako's replacement.

Because I'm thinking more of a free role then a winger. The lad needs the freedom. He has played on the left for pompy aswell. Get him to move inside and act as a 3rd midfielder, Golbourne to add the width. Henry to do kind of the same role but less freedom.

What is special about Wallace is his engine and how he sees the game, not only will he keep running, he will get into areas difficult for players to pick him up and he can drive at players and find players when he has the ball. Don't want to limit his movement within a area. You would want to play him as a number 10 but if you are playing 2 strikers it's difficult in the English game. A lot of importance goes into the wide areas, if you don't set up right, you could be left a move open, out wide. Also having him there might take the pressure off Mcdonald to add creative from the middle. It could be the answer to the box to box, driving midfielder we apparently need, without taking away McDonald's prescence or Prices structure.

The midfield and defence does lack pace, but it's the best on the ball. It's the most creative and imo Wallace and Henry are goal scores.

Got pace upfront, in the final 3rd, don't think we need it that much everywhere less. Could be used from the bench though. To change the way we are playing.

Doherty over Ifora because, Doherty is much better at passing and final ball. Atm Ifora is very much like Zubar, pure pace and strength is his threat, but delivery and decision making is poor. And before anybody says it's because his a cente back, he has probably played more as a right back then centreback for us in youth games. But he is a talent. If he really tries over preseason, he could improve.leaps and bounds.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
The combination of Doherty and Henry is very effective but unfortunately, Doherty's niggling injuries kept him from making the spot his own, which was a blessing in disguise because Iorfa has now played a good amount of games and we know what he can do. I agree though, his final ball is almost as poor as Van La Parra's :p

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because of his strength in defence though he has to be one of the first names on the sheet atm . He had the beating of nearly every single winger who took him on . That to me is much more important than his lack of crossing ability .

Doherty makes fsr too many mistakes but is a lot better going forward.

At the end of the dsy you build from the bsck though and our beSt defence includes iorfa not Doherty.

I am just hoping the coaches earn their money and teach iorfa how to cross.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iorfa is so much more solid than Doherty .

Totally, who did him last season? No one, Demari Gray had to change wings and he's supposed to be a wonder kid, Dom had him on toast

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree that Iorfa isn't good on the ball. I think he's quite adept technically and put some nice crosses in

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Ikeme
Iorfa, Stearman, Batth, Golbourne
Wallace, Price, McDonald, Henry
Afobe
Dicko

Although I have a feeling Tommy Rowe may start alongside McDonald or on the left of a more narrow midfield.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like 3 at the back so how about

Ikeme
Doherty. Batth. Stears
Iorfa. Golborne
Price. Macca
Wallace
Afobe. Dicko

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like 3 at the back so how about

Ikeme
Doherty. Batth. Stears
Iorfa. Golborne
Price. Macca
Wallace
Afobe. Dicko

I like the idea of three at the back and five in midfield with five at the back when defending. Requires a huge amount of work from iorfa and Scotty. I would rather have Stears, Danny and EEL or Hause at the back than Doc though

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I had to pick the starting 11 right now, I'd play this;

Ikeme
Doherty Batth Stearman Golbourne
Price
Henry McDonald Wallace
Afobe Dicko

Very narrow midfield with the full backs pushing forward.

Really like the look of that. I'd change Doc for Iorfa and be interested to see if we have a quality Sako replacement on the left, it's early days, but that looks good. Forward-wise that looks bloody frightening!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the idea of three at the back and five in midfield with five at the back when defending. Requires a huge amount of work from iorfa and Scotty. I would rather have Stears, Danny and EEL or Hause at the back than Doc though

Yeah that's provably fair as EEL looks composed, I think Iorfa and Golborne are perfect wing backs

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quite why anyone would pick Docherty over Iorfa and Hause over Goldbourne is totally beyond me! There must be an awful lot of people on this site who never go to matches I reckon.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need more players to make a difference before we pick a team to challenge for automatic promotion! Suggest 4 new significant signings to go! That is if we have real ambition this season.
Still think, CB, Central midfielder, wide player, and at least 1 striker required and some to move on.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn't much between Iorfa and Doherty IMO, Iorfa is better defensively as he has the pace to compete with wingers coming at him but his decision making going forward is a little lacking, hopefully this will come with experience as he is a real talent. Doherty is better coming forward, is better at passing and gets into areas in and around the box that cause the opposition problems. It's great that we have 2 players fighting for a position, we need that throughout the whole side.

From the current squad I'd have to go with Dan G's line up, although I'd like a more left footed player to come in in midfield, switch Wallace to the right of the narrow 3 behind Dicko and Afobe and bench Henry.

el gringo

Reaction score
don't slay me - I don't get to many games. Iorfa could be rubbish, as far as I know:

Ikeme
Price
Van LaParra, Wallace, Saville
Afobe

Ikeme
Van LaParra, Saville, Wallace, Boukari
Dicko, Afobe

Ikeme
Iorfa, Stearman, Hause
Price
Van LaParra, Saville, Dicko, Boukari
Dicko, Afobe

nothing about this is practical, so don't waste our time with "Boukari won't get off the treatment table" - if you know that you should win every bet ever placed and be too rich to waste your time on MolineuxMix..

Should have gone on the Drunk Thread, probably.

Really I just wanted to hear from people who go all the time - those suggestions were just brainstorms.

I will say about Golbourne, though, in the highlights I have seen some very dodgy defending from him, in he spell towards the end of last season he featured a couple of times. I even saw wingers in League 1 waltz right by him. Only highlights, I know. On the other hand, highlights have shown him do some superb passing, even in very advanced areas.

Also people have questioned MacDonald's role.

Good point was it was hard to know who to leave out. There is also Evans to consider.

A common point made in the match reviews etc is failure to move the ball forward quickly (while on the ground, of course). I was kind of thinking of that when I did the line-ups.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I would go for including the need to sign 3 midfield Players as I feel that has been our down fall last season and Sako going is a huge loss both in assists and goals.

If we address the midfield issues (Henry /RVL/Wallace on the bench) then I feel we can challenge for the top 2.

Ikeme
**New signing**, **New signing**, McDonald, **New signing**
Afobe,Dicko

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think once we have a replacement for Sako, KJ will use the pre-season to teach & drill us into several diffferent formations, including 3 at the back, 3 in the middle in front of 4, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 at minimum, so that we can be more adaptive to games. Its another long 46 game season, so we need this variety.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I would go for including the need to sign 3 midfield Players as I feel that has been our down fall last season and Sako going is a huge loss both in assists and goals.

If we address the midfield issues (Henry /RVL/Wallace on the bench) then I feel we can challenge for the top 2.

Ikeme
**New signing**, **New signing**, McDonald, **New signing**
Afobe,Dicko

That's 11 outfield players.

Whats going on with this thread.Can't people do maths? :)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sako allowed us to play 442. He did a lot of work and acted like a 3rd midfielder aswell as a winger. I don't think we are going to find another player that can do that.

D

Deleted member 4456

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this make an appearance:

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Stearman - Hause - Golbourne

Price - McDonald

Wallace

Afobe - Dicko​

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn't much between Iorfa and Doherty IMO, Iorfa is better defensively as he has the pace to compete with wingers coming at him but his decision making going forward is a little lacking, hopefully this will come with experience as he is a real talent. Doherty is better coming forward, is better at passing and gets into areas in and around the box that cause the opposition problems. It's great that we have 2 players fighting for a position, we need that throughout the whole side.

From the current squad I'd have to go with Dan G's line up, although I'd like a more left footed player to come in in midfield, switch Wallace to the right of the narrow 3 behind Dicko and Afobe and bench Henry.

Funny old game.I think they are different but comparable defensively, iorfa is better running forward with the ball at his feet, doc? Better at passing...

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ikeme

Price - McDonald

Wallace

Afobe - Dicko​

I can see this depending on who we get to replace Sako, but reckon KJ would prefer to play with orthodox wingers

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is a little pointless. I will be very disappointed if we start the new season with any of the lineups suggested. No-one is seriously believing that a 275k investment is all we are going to make?

Wallace may be a good player but he is untested at this level, it will be a poor show if we don't have at least three new signings ready for the new season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is a little pointless. I will be very disappointed if we start the new season with any of the lineups suggested. No-one is seriously believing that a 275k investment is all we are going to make?

Wallace may be a good player but he is untested at this level, it will be a poor show if we don't have at least three new signings ready for the new season.

Spot on with what you have said

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My team shows 3 new signings in it !!:D

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With what we have now.........
Ikeme
Ebanks-landell. Batth. Stearman
Iorfa. Golbourne
Wallace. Kmac. Rowe

Benik. Dicko

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
...................Ikeme

…........Stears......Batth
Iorfa.................................Golbo
….................Price
….Wallace...Big Mac...Rowe

…..........Dicko...Afobe

Or

…................Ikeme

…........Stears......Batth
Iorfa...................................Golbo
….........Price.....Big Mac

….VLP.....Wallace.....Dicko

…...............Afobe

L

liquidatorwolf

Ikeme

Price - McDonald

Wallace

Afobe - Dicko​
I like this a lot

D

Deleted member 3604

-----------------------Ikeme-------------------------

Iorfa ---------Stearman ----Hause-------Golbourne

----------Price--------Mac----------Saville------

----------------------Wallace------------------------

-------------Afobe---------------Dicko---------------

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty isnt even close to Dom. I think the Doc has actually gone backwards a little tbh. Big season for him.

Back
Top Bottom