Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Line up for Fulham

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't disagree but shows how lacking we are in defense and midfield for options.

The year is 2035, Wolves are looking to seal European qualification with a win away at godknowswhere, and they line up with a midfield three of Dendoncker, Neves and Moutinho.

I love them all, and I genuinely rated that trio as high as any other midfields in the league over the past 1.5 seasons, before this campaign. But we're getting to the point where alternative, experienced options are required...!

geowolf

Reaction score
I think Podence should be fit enough for 60mins....

..................Rui
.......Saiss Coady Kilman
Semedo Neves Dendoncker RAN
..........Podence Adama Neto

and personally I'd stick to that shape for the rest of the season with Silva getting 30-40 mins per game and hopefully Raul back at the end.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont like us playing a back 3 its so bloody negative, however needs must, so i suspect it will be

Patricio

Semedo
Coady
Saiss
Kilman
Ait Nouri

Neves
Moutinho/Donk

Neto
Jose
Traore

Subs,

Podence
Fabio
Vitinha

Podence and Fabio to get a minimum of 30 minutes each.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo hoever kilman ait nouri
Neves vitinha
Traore podence Neto
Silva

realistically though

semedo kilman saiss ait nouri
Neves moutinho
Traore podence Neto
Silva

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you remember when Nuno realised/decided Costa and Cav weren't good enough he switched to the two upfront and jota started scoring.
In a similar vein I think neto and traore being better players is making nuno want to play the three up. But.we clearly.dont have a good enough lone centre forward and neto and traore are not consistent in a match. This all puts pressure .on centre mid and then the defenders. So...

532 please

Patricio

Semedo (attacking)
Coady
Saiss (yes in the middle)
Kilman
RAN (attacking)

Dendonker (given a rocket though)
Neves
Vitinha

Jose
Silva

Mout in for dendonker if fit
Boly in for kilman if fit

Ruddy
Hoever
Neto
Podence
Traore
Otasowie
Marques

We cant play a back 4 with current squad...its suicide!

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Patricio
Dendoncker Coady Saiss
Hoever Neves Vitinha Ait-Nouri
Neto Silva Podence

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui Patricio
Coady Saiss Kilman
Hoever Neves Dendoncker Ait-Nouri
Traore Silva Neto

Podence and moutinho to come off the bench. No need to rush them back.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
go for a rock solid middle, which won’t be pretty to watch:

Rui
Hoever Coady Kilman
Semedo Saiss Neves Moutinho Ait-Nouri
Neto Podence

Lycaon

Reaction score
The line up is anyone’s guess, as it’s been pretty much this way all season taking into consideration the injuries short and long term.
However, this working with a small squad mentality has ultimately become Nuno’s Achilles Heel. With the players at his disposal and at times stubbornness not to use fringe players to any degree consistently we are where we are I suppose?
The table never lies!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Hoever Saiss Kilman Semedo

Neves Mouts

Traore Podence Neto

Jose

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how he lines up will show his intent, I do believe he is trying to get attacking players on the pitch and the 4 at the back was dictated by podence being back fit.

expect a midfield two of mouts and neves with 4 at the back, might see silva start.

if mouth is unable still think he will go dock over vitinha

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Learn to take a booking and we don’t lose to West Ham who are far better than Fulham.

If we play this like we can’t afford to lose we will be negative in our approach and probably lose the game.

Back 4 and cynical fouls when required please. We’ll be shaky at the back at times but can win by playing on the front foot.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Learn to take a booking and we don’t lose to West Ham who are far better than Fulham.

If we play this like we can’t afford to lose we will be negative in our approach and probably lose the game.

Back 4 and cynical fouls when required please. We’ll be shaky at the back at times but can win by playing on the front foot.
We have to attack them leeds showed that the other week

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming ongoing unavailability of Moutinho and Boly etc.
3-5-2
Rui
Hoever, Coady, Kilman
Semedo, Vitinha, Saiss, Neves, RAN
Traore Neto

Defensively solid but also attacking via the wing backs, Vitinha and our front two.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Hoever being In the back three. Least adds abit of pace

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont like us playing a back 3 its so bloody negative
I hear you, but it doesn't have to be. We were decent going forwards against Liverpool, in fact, and Chelsea do ok with three at the back (albeit without a striker).

D

Deleted member 11332

We can try four at the back again but it must mean three centre mids in front of them, not two with four attackers who don't get back to help when we get caught out.

Patricio

Semedo
If Boly is out again, not bothered they're all the same
If Boly is out again, not bothered they're all the same
RAN

Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho

Neto
Silva
Adama

Think that just gives us the same issue as 343 where only the front 3 are attacking. If that were the case I'd just stick with a back 3 as it's infinitely more solid. Maybe if we went Moutinho Neves Vitinha that would be slightly better from an attacking perspective.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any team which doesn't include Leander Dendoncker.
He's an absolute disgrace to the shirt, still haven't forgiven his performance at Palace, and wasn't much better Monday, doesn't make a single challenge, one of the most overrated players I've ever seen down Molineux.
The same Leander Dendoncker that got us back in the game on Monday, there were a few players worse than him on Monday, if Kilman doesn't come in for Saiss on Friday, I'll be tempted not to watch. Who am I kidding I'll watch and hoping Saiss does better than Monday.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno: "Fulham is going to start strong and fast. We must try and get as many details as we can to raise our standards. We've had up and downs this season, it's game by game and tomorrow I'm positive we're going to perform better."

Sounds like a five from that? Or reading too much into it.

Bit concerning that he's seemingly accepting/preparing for them to 'start strong and fast'. Why can't we!?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd go strong as possible in tried and tested formation. If we win then experiment with younger players in the rest of the remaining games.
Rui
Coady, Kilman, Saiss
Semedo, Ait Nouri
Neves, Moutinho
Traore, WJ, Neto
Like having Silva still as a sub to bring on, would bin off WJ if we win this game and guaranteed safety as he isnt the long term answer so no point after that.
Suggesting Silva to start up front is not a comment I could see myself making a month ago but he shows desire at least and if we are safe, the rest of the season is absolutely perfect in playing him with no pressure to develop

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I think Podence should be fit enough for 60mins....

..................Rui
.......Saiss Coady Kilman
Semedo Neves Dendoncker RAN
..........Podence Adama Neto

and personally I'd stick to that shape for the rest of the season with Silva getting 30-40 mins per game and hopefully Raul back at the end.
I’d agree with that apart I’d try Hoever at rcb and Saiss lcb.
Definitely ditch the back four and counter.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has said nothing has changed on the injury front so I'm assuming Moutinho isn't available?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fulham need to win so counter attack the best option in my eyes. But when we do it needs to be fast and incisive like we used to!!!!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still can’t believe im seeing people select teams without a recognised striker. When has that ever worked

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any team which doesn't include Leander Dendoncker.
He's an absolute disgrace to the shirt, still haven't forgiven his performance at Palace, and wasn't much better Monday, doesn't make a single challenge, one of the most overrated players I've ever seen down Molineux.
I take it you havent been going down long then.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think it's more hope than reality. Although in his defence, he isn't the only one of our team who has "hardly kicked a ball in anger" for us this season!

Yes you'd think if some of the fringe players couldnt get into the first team this season when we've been so poor that in reality they probably never will.
Presuming Boly, Mouts out, i'd go :

Patricio
Semedo, Hoever, Coady, Kilman, RAN
Neves, Vitinha
Traore, Silva, Neto.

I don't think we have good enough defenders to play with only 4 at the back...... but it means we can't squeeze Podence into the starting 11.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same Leander Dendoncker that got us back in the game on Monday, there were a few players worse than him on Monday, if Kilman doesn't come in for Saiss on Friday, I'll be tempted not to watch. Who am I kidding I'll watch and hoping Saiss does better than Monday.
Dendonker is the ultimate utility player (do they still use this phrase?) i.e. can play in more than one position and does nothing exceptionally well when at his best, but rarely rises to that level. To think I have seen many much better players than him in a Wolves shirt but didnt think that much of them at the time.

Back
Top Bottom