Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Line up for Fulham

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interested to see what people think we should go with after that defensive horror show against West Ham...

While I think long term a back four is the way to go at the moment we just haven't got the players to do it so back to a back 5 for me.

This is what I would go for:

-------------------Patricio----------------------
-----Dendoncker-----Coady-----Saiss----------
-Semedo----------------------------Ait-Nouri-
--------------Vitinha-----Neves---------------
--Neto-----------------------------Traore----
--------------------Silva---------------------

Would actually be tempted to put Hoever in Dendonckers position but just gone with the experience of Dendoncker!

Also Podence will give us a different option on the bench if we are chasing the game (always are).

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
Horrific team.

Stopped reading when I saw Dendonckers name, don't wanna see that fraud absolutely nowhere near the team ever again.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Patricio

Alt Nouri
Kilman
Coady
Saiss
Semedo

Neves
Vitinha

Neto
Traore
Silva

If Boly was available I would take Saiss out and put him in, as Coady in a 3 is fine.

Dendoncker despite his goal yesterday is not smart enough in CM - Moutinho would have taken a yellow for the team yesterday rather than letting players run through. So i would bring in Vitinha and give him a shot.

Final third is fine, with Silva coming in for Jose whose confidence is shot. A few times he had good chances to put his foot through the ball but decided against - time to play the players who have a bit of confidence.

Last edited:

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio

Alt Nouri
Kilman
Coady
Saiss
Semedo

Neves
Vitinha

Neto
Podence
Traore

Silva

If Boly was available I would take Saiss out and put him in, as Coady in a 3 is fine.

Dendoncker despite his goal yesterday is not smart enough in CM - Moutinho would have taken a yellow for the team yesterday rather than letting players run through. So i would bring in Vitinha and give him a shot.

Final third is fine, with Silva coming in for Jose whose confidence is shot. A few times he had good chances to put his foot through the ball but decided against - time to play the players who have a bit of confidence.
Great team.....ref might notice 12 players on the pitch though.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that there are few viable alternatives to players who were awful v West Ham is a sad indictment of our planning and recruitment over the last 12+ months.
or having our best 3 players missing.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Saiss Coady Kilman
Semedo Donk Neves Vitinha RAN
Neto Silva

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Semedo Saiss Coady Kilman Ait Nouri
Dendoncker Neves
Traore Jose Neto

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho In for Donk if he’s fit. Otherwise unchanged I expect.

wolfie_tc

Groupie
Reaction score
Patricio

Alt Nouri
Kilman
Coady
Saiss
Semedo

Neves
Vitinha

Neto
Podence
Traore

Silva

I like your idea of playing with 12 players, I'd be confident nicking a draw with that team.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we have the same players to pick from

Patricio

Dendoncker
Coady
Saiss

Semedo
Neves
Vitinha
Ait-Nouri

Traore
Jose
Neto

I'd stick with Jose starting for now and give Silva the sub appearances. But really don't want to see us start with a back four again until we've bought the personnel for it

wolfie_tc

Groupie
Reaction score
It's evident we'll be playing 4 at the back next season, and I'm all for it with the attacking display last night, because with a fit Jimenez and/or an improved Silva we'll convert so many of our chances.
However at the moment I fear with hampered by the lack of attacking prowess on the bench when we need to step it up. Like last night, at 70th minute if we had one of Neto, Podence or Traore to throw on we'd have had an exciting last 20.

For this reason I think we should go back 5 for 2 more wins, hopefully the next 2 games of course, and then revert to the 4 once we're over that 40 point mark. Not that I think we're going down, but psychologically we'll feel better taking the gamble of a 4 at the back for the good of the future.

So I want:

Rui

Semedo
Dendoncker
Coady
Kilman
Ait-Nouri

Moutinho
Neves

Podence
Silva
Neto

If Moutinho's out then I'd play Saiss at the back and bring Donk to CM and hope that Traore is itching to get on from around the 55 minute mark and see what he can do.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Donck - Coady - Kilman
Semedo - Neves - Saiss - Ait-Nouri
Neto - Jose - Adama​

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Patricio, Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Saiss, Coady, Dendonker, Neves, Vitinha, Traore, Fabio and Neto.

Assumes Boly and Mouts still not available. Need to win this one.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably drop Saiss and go Kilman, Coady and Dendoncker in defence and if Moutinho is fit him and Neves in the midfield.

--—--------Patricio -------------
--Dendoncker---Coady---Kilman----
Semedo--Moutinho-Neves--Ait Nouri
------Neto---Silva----Traore -----

If Podence is fit I'd probably play him and Neto behind Silva and drop Traore.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that there are few viable alternatives to players who were awful v West Ham is a sad indictment of our planning and recruitment over the last 12+ months.
Agreed but some may say injuries was well ?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
big john
semedo
donk
kilman
ait nouri
neves
otosawie
vithna
neto
podence
silva

4-3-3

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or having our best 3 players missing.
The lack of an experienced replacement for Jiminez is the biggest indictment. We have been woeful with Boly and Jonny in the team (although they have been the same team only a very few times).

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham have to win - and we mustn't lose.
I would play a very tight defensive starting line up .
Two up front, may be Silva and Jose
And bring on Podence , Traore, Vintinha and/ or Neto after 60 minutes.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 ATB but play with a bit more caution and devilment

UEAwolf

Reaction score
-------------Patricio---------
-Semedo--Coady---Kilman---Ait Nouri--
-----Moutinho----Neves----
-------------Vitinha------
-------Neto-----------Traore----
------------Silva------

I'd like to see us persevering with 4 at the back with the view to bringing in extra central defenders in the summer.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio

Hoever Coady Marques Kilman Saiss

Neves Otasowie Vitinha

Silva Neto

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman back, and forming a three at the back with Dendoncker and Saiss. Mitrovic like Antonio so easily bullies Coady. Mouts back if fit. Jose given another chance. Silva is still no leader of the line and better to use him as a second half impact sub. It would be hopeless to start with him.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Semedo Coady Kilman Ait Nouri
Dendoncker Mouthinio Neves
Traore Silva Neto

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham are lightweight, nowhere near as good as West Ham. (But then, neither are we). I'd have gone 3 at the back against in-form West Ham who score loads. And 4 at the back against ineffectual Fulham. I have a suspicion Nuno will go the other way around though.

In many ways, Fulham haven't been too disimilar to us this season. They struggle to score, unless they commit to attack in which case the leak goals at the back. Or they can be well organised defenisively, but offer little up front. They blow hot and cold to the extreme even within a match. The Villa match the other day was typical in that for 60 minutes they were the better team and in control. But then turned in an abysmal final 20 minutes in which they conceded 3 goals. Remind you of another team close to home? Other than we usually do the poor performance in the first 30 mins, but the "Jekyll and Hyde" is similar.

Since about 4 or 5 matches in (they started with 4, possibly 5 straight defeats) , our respective points totals have pretty much mirrored each other. We have 26 points in the last 25 matches, they have 25 points. Objective Fact! Though that probably won't stop some on here saying that by pointing out how identical our form is to Fulham, that I actually said I want Nuno publicly flogged then sacked and Molineux raised to the ground. ;)

I'd go with 4 at the back for this one - similar to the West Ham lineup but with Moutinho and Boly back in if available. Would also be considering giving Kilman a go as left centre half. Oh, and Silva to start up front. Guess who he should replace? :D This is the one where we can take risks knowing that Fulham won't hit us like West Ham did (in both matches).

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can try four at the back again but it must mean three centre mids in front of them, not two with four attackers who don't get back to help when we get caught out.

Patricio

Semedo
If Boly is out again, not bothered they're all the same
RAN

Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho

Neto
Silva
Adama

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand the 'love-in' with Vitinha who, whilst he may impress in international U-21 matches, has hardly kicked a ball in anger for us. Certainly doesn't yet have the physicality to play a holding midfielder role and doesn't appear to be the 'thread a pass through the eye of a needle' type either.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can try four at the back again but it must mean three centre mids in front of them, not two with four attackers who don't get back to help when we get caught out.

Patricio

Semedo
RAN

Dendoncker
Neves
Moutinho

Neto
Silva
Adama
Can't disagree but shows how lacking we are in defense and midfield for options.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand the 'love-in' with Vitinha who, whilst he may impress in international U-21 matches, has hardly kicked a ball in anger for us. Certainly doesn't yet have the physicality to play a holding midfielder role and doesn't appear to be the 'thread a pass through the eye of a needle' type either.

Yes, I think it's more hope than reality. Although in his defence, he isn't the only one of our team who has "hardly kicked a ball in anger" for us this season!

Reactions: Ian

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am 99% convinced he will go with this line-up. I just can't see Nuno doing anything else. He is too cautious and he will not want to lose. I can't see him trying anything radical. We will see Silva in the 70th minute.

Patricio

Dendoncker - Coady - Saiss

Semedo -------------------------------RAN
--------------Neves - Moutinho

Traore --------------- Jose --------------- Neto

before the West Ham game, I said to my old dad (he is 84) that we would get bullied by Antonio and I have the same feeling about Fulham - Loftus-Cheek and Mitrovic will boss our defenders.

They will be really up for this game; it is their really big chance and I am convinced we will bottle it. - 2-0 Fulham

Back
Top Bottom