Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lets discuss Fabio and his future .

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus there’s some nonsense on the mix but this is right up there with it. Did you ever see Messi in his early 20s with his flowing locks? Do you think he wasn’t taken seriously?? Or Ibrahimovic with his pony tail? How about that real man Mark Hateley??

As if a hair cut is going to transform him. The most ludicrous thing I’ve read in my entire life.
I'm playing along with this... but it's all a joke, surely? :)

....surely?

(please be.)

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I'm playing along with this... but it's all a joke, surely? :)

....surely?

(please be.)
Actually I'm serious. You may not agree, thats OK.

Slightly tongue in cheek about the hair, although I'm not a fan myself, but I'd rather he wasn't so friendly to opposition players.

But he needs the respect of other men in this kind of environment, yes.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
"Taken seriously by other men" really? I rest my case, this is exactly the problem with the attitudes of too many men in football and society as a whole.
In the environment tFabio is in it is actually important to be taken seriously by other men, and to gain that respect. He doesn't necessarily need short hair to get that but the point still stands.

He is not going to get it from wanting to hug and apologise to oppsition players all the time.

Reaction score
Hubbie and I have always called Silva Poodle Boy because of his hair - don’t think it makes any difference to how he plays though he just hasn’t got any talent and if a club comes in in January with a decent offer we should get rid he’s NEVER going to make it in the PL no matter how much time we give him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the environment tFabio is in it is actually important to be taken seriously by other men, and to gain that respect. He doesn't necessarily need short hair to get that but the point still stands.

He is not going to get it from wanting to hug and apologise to oppsition players all the time.
So he’s going to get instant respect if he goes for a buzz cut?!?!?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necassarily, but I'd like him to man up a bit, yes.
Ah so a haircut will help him “man up”. I get it.

Christ have I hit quantum leap and somehow the 1950s has the internet.

What’s next are we calling him a big Jessie? I think we should send him on national service or head a ball made of a pigs bladder, play in hob nail boots and swap his water and pasta for banks’ mild and tripe

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Taken seriously by other men" really? I rest my case, this is exactly the problem with the attitudes of too many men in football and society as a whole.
Not sure what "too many men in football" means tbh, Eastyorks.

Personally speaking, I did enjoy the Bully approach who had the knack of putting the fear of god in defenders, so much so much so that they often erred and made mistakes.
Perhaps that's an old school approach, although it seemed to work well for the likes of Costa when he was playing for Chelsea, I seem to recall.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Ah so a haircut will help him “man up”. I get it.

Christ have I hit quantum leap and somehow the 1950s has the internet.

What’s next are we calling him a big Jessie? I think we should send him on national service or head a ball made of a pigs bladder, play in hob nail boots and swap his water and pasta for banks’ mild and tripe
But surely it depends what industry you are in, it's all relative.

I'm a prison officer and need to be a behave in a certain way if I.m going to be taken seriously here. It's just the way it is.

And by the way, we have some absolutely brilliant female officers here also, which is the worlds most progressive and humane prison system.

It's possible that in Fabios working environment that if he toughens up a bit and becomes a bit more aggressive it might help him to be successful.

The hair is not really so important, but his body language is.

Yeah, I'd rather he cut it, but who cares, it's his choice.

Last edited:

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Not sure what "too many men in football" means tbh, Eastyorks.

Personally speaking, I did enjoy the Bully approach who had the knack of putting the fear of god in defenders, so much so much so that they often erred and made mistakes.
Perhaps that's an old school approach, although it seemed to work well for the likes of Costa when he was playing for Chelsea, I seem to recall.
Absolutely. Let's have a bit of tolerance on here for folk that maybe have a different opinion.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with his hair :)

The post I replied to hinted at dramatic changes for young Fabio - so a new barnet might ignite him.
Get him a ponytail cut... It worked for Ibrahimovic . Insane difference in skill levels though...it probably wouldn't work for Fabio lol.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Will Haaland be even better if he gets a buzz cut?
No. But has something about him. Aggression, a will to win, intensity.

Fabio went round hugging opposition players when we are about to go out of the cup to lower league opposition.

It made me sick to the stomach.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fabio went round hugging opposition players when we are about to go out of the cup to lower league opposition.

Bellegarde shoved a player with his studs and got sent off. Which had a bigger impact on the result do you think?

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Bellegarde shoved a player with his studs and got sent off. Which had a bigger impact on the result do you think?
Ridiculous example - I never said he had to go to those lengths. But be more aggressive in his play.

Ok, it seems that you don't have the ability to discuss it sensibly.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Fabio hugged the player because he knew it was quite a bad challenge he caught him with (studs raised) and was fearful he may get a red. Nothing to read into that at all.

Personally, I’d still persevere with him as unlike our other strikers, he at least gets into decent positions. Would like to see him, Cunha and Neto all playing off Sasa at some point. A little like he did in the friendlies where he was playing slightly narrower on the right.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the only thing we can conclude from the scientific evidence that has been presented is that Fabio needs less hair and Bellegarde needs slightly more. I am assuming there is an optimal length of hair (or maybe mass - we will have to wait for the in depth follow-up trials to cover that one) that will give us the exact right amount of aggression!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I maybe wrong, but hasn't Fabio helped the opposition to get off the floor previously.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio hugged the player because he knew it was quite a bad challenge he caught him with (studs raised) and was fearful he may get a red. Nothing to read into that at all.

Personally, I’d still persevere with him as unlike our other strikers, he at least gets into decent positions. Would like to see him, Cunha and Neto all playing off Sasa at some point. A little like he did in the friendlies where he was playing slightly narrower on the right.
Re your first paragraph. I can't imagine Eddie Clamp or Psycho doing that. Can you? Oh for either of those in two today's squad. The guy from Luton certainly wouldn't have lasted the 90+. I do realise the game is different today. But their presence would just put the opposition off.
I once saw Dave Mackay run away from Eddie.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many minutes does Silva have with Wolves without a goal, excluding friendlies?

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hugging players made you sick to your stomach?
God it must be bliss to live in Norway if that is the level of action that makes you sick to your stomach
Good lord.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Crikey, keep that quiet, otherwise he may receive a retrospective red.
There was a second hug to a different player, so perhaps he's dishing out more than we thought.
All we need now is goals and we're sorted.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How about the one where their defender dragged him back by his shirt when we were on the break to try and score?

Fabio basically thanked him for it

I thought I'd read some **** on the mix recently, but those on about his hair - really?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about the one where their defender dragged him back by his shirt when we were on the break to try and score?

Fabio basically thanked him for it

I thought I'd read some **** on the mix recently, but those on about his hair - really?
It’s spectacular that adults genuinely think a haircut will improve his game.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to prove this but I genuinely believe he doesn't want to be here. He plays like his hearts not in it and he wants away. There is obviously something going on in the background where he comes on after Fraser. For me I think I'd let him go in Jan or certainly next summer and write off a large chunk of the £35 mil. A joke buy in the first place.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get him a ponytail cut... It worked for Ibrahimovic . Insane difference in skill levels though...it probably wouldn't work for Fabio lol.
He needs to grow a beard and get viking style tattoos on his face. That will get him to maybe 2 goals a season.

Bit like putting a wee plastic sticker down the side of your Ford Fiesta for extra horsepower.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
It’s spectacular that adults genuinely think a haircut will improve his game.
I don't think anyone genuinely thinks or meant that a haircut will improve his game.

But maybe part of a change of mentality because he genuinely does need to be more aggressive in his line of work to be more successfull.

Back
Top Bottom