Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lets discuss Fabio and his future .

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would I like to keep Fabio? Yes

Will he be able to be our main striker for the whole season? I doubt it - young striker likely to have ebbs and flows particularly in a low creating side and so we need strong back-up.

Could he be sold? Yes, everyone has a price we’ll sell for - whether we’d accept £25m, £35m or £45m none of us know or agree on but there is a price we’d all sell for (even allowing for regret risk).

Will he be sold? Who knows - will depend on price offered, other sales, rotation of squad options, players demand etc. I suspect not though.

Will he be loaned again? I’d prefer not currently but if Sasa is fit (and expected to stay fit! and 1-2 other strikers are in and Fabio is 3rd/4th choice then why not.

Whatever happens it is good to have a young striker who is developing and in demand. If he stays let’s back him but not heap huge expectations on him.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ideally we could give Fabio this season to see if he’s good enough but if there’s clubs interested and they are willing to give us a decent fee then I think we should sell. There’s still a lot unknown about Fabio and the club are not in a position to take a gamble.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you sure about that book value? He signed a new contract last summer
Signed a 5 year deal so £7m a year, £35m drops to £21m after two years, extends his three years remaining to four, so just over £5m a year as opposed to £7m, one year of that and £21m drops to current book value of about £16m

From a FFP perspective he's quite sellable but as has been mentioned, not many clubs have money to buy players. The usual elite across Europe (except Barca of course...), and clubs newly promoted to the PL are pretty much the only ones with the cash we'd want, only other option for a permanent deal would be to have a 50% sell on clause or something, but that then doesn't sort out our current FFP predicament

Best option is to keep him, if he keeps progressing and can just get 8-10 goals next season his value will start to rocket and the potential suitors will find the big money

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he wants to be here.
I absolutely do not believe this.
The Wolves he knows, under Nuno and Lage is no longer the Wolves of today under JL. Coaching teams change, team mates change, squad cultures change. All that matters now is what JL wants from Fabio and how good he is at achieving it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nooo, can't be any truth in it. We've been told by the resident expert on here that he's no better than Fleetwood Town standard

We need to get the next two years out of him, if he continues to develop at his current rate in a couple of years we won't be able to keep hold of him anyway

The media are also reporting that Roma are interested in Hwang, too. Villa and Newcastle are also interested in Hwang ,"allegedly". Are we hoping we can keep hold of him?

It could be all just agent hype? Those representing Fabio have an "interesting" track record around his deals, don't they?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he wants out then. This summers MGW.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our record with young players is becoming terrible.

Whether its the management or fans on social media, as a club we are becoming unbearable. MGW has started the trend, didn't get opportunities he deserved, got savaged on social media, lost the love and left. Now we are seeing exactly the same with Fabio.

The same thing is beginning to happen Bueno and, in particular, Collins. If I was them, I would want out too.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In no small part a big move early

Mismanagement, poor managers and the minority of fans who hound our players
Not a chance you can blame the fans the large majority have been really supportive and have really wanted him to progress here, if a few bad comments from a smaller group have affected his decision to stay here that says a lot more about him than the fanbase!

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not a chance you can blame the fans the large majority have been really supportive and have really wanted him to progress here, if a few bad comments from a smaller group have affected his decision to stay here that says a lot more about him than the fanbase!

So you don't think that what the players see online about them? Damages them at all?

Just an interesting talking point

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weren't these the guys who said Sasa had an ACL tear revealed during his medical?

Doubt this for now until someone more reputable states it

Bit eierd to head straight to them and not someone more reputable eg percy

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont blame our fans one bit for this situation. Same with what happened with MGW last summer.

I can see your view, let's see if this expanded on anymore by a journo

If he goes I reckon 20-25 with add ons totalling more.

However JL SHOULD be saying you have the chance for a starting spot if he knuckles down during preseason

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see your view, let's see if this expanded on anymore by a journo

If he goes I reckon 20-25 with add ons totalling more.

However JL SHOULD be saying you have the chance for a starting spot if he knuckles down during preseason

Agreed. It will be telling if JL likes what he sees and wants in him the squad, but his agent (father) continues to be quoted saying he wants to move.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember a couple of months after he signed here he did an interview in Portugal about the reasons why he left Porto when he did and mainly it was because he wasn't starting games (would have only been 17 or 18 at the time) and the Porto fans were having none of it saying he didn't deserve it and needed to work on is game more rather than jump ship and questioned his attitude....

Seems like the same could be happening here to be honest he is clearly an ambitious guy and after a decent season away is already thinking of a big move without proving himself in the toughest league the Premier League...

Still think for him and for Wolves the best thing is for him to stay here for another season and see where we are after that but seems his mind is made up which is a shame and actually extremely disappointing from him after the faith the club showed him.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed. It will be telling if JL likes what he sees and wants in him the squad, but his agent (father) continues to be quoted saying he wants to move.

Dad wants more money I guess

But if fabio just wants football we need to make him main feature this year

We could regret this in an already goal shy side

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see us getting £35m. He’s reportedly on relatively good wages of £40k/wk which limits the market for him outside of the PL, and he hasn’t yet proven himself a top tier striker for that market. I can’t see a PL side coming in for him based on his PL stats to date, so it would likely be an Italian or Spanish club and very few of them have much cash to splash. Personally I think we’d be doing well to sell him for £20m+, which would at least generate a small profit on his remaining book value and take a chunk out of our amortisation bill.

JL said he’s going to take a look at him in pre season. I’m hoping he likes what he sees, and Fábio is inspired to perform and take a spot in our squad next season.

looking at some prices of players these days if we have a few clubs interested in wouldn’t rule it out As long as they don’t all want loans. The interest in him could purely be for loan deals.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you don't think that what the players see online about them? Damages them at all?

Just an interesting talking point
Of course it does and isn't acceptable at all, what I'm saying for every bad comment he gets a lot of supportive ones from Wolves fans from what I've seen on twitter anyway.... You can't blame the fanbase for him wanting away at all as the large majority want/wanted him to do well here...

Him wanting to move will have nothing to do with the fans at all in my opinion.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's almost like nobody has ever experienced the first week after a season ends.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he wants to go so be it

Get anood structured deal like MGW with a sell on.

Or a swao deal for players we want not cast of dregs

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You mean the fans who weren’t allowed into the ground for the majority of his time here ?

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Mendes can get us a decent chunk of our money back on him. Not sure why he feels so hard done by at Wolves to be honest, but has been over the moon to be coming off the bench in the Dutch league. Get him out of here.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Mendes can get us a decent chunk of our money back on him. Not sure why he feels so hard done by at Wolves to be honest, but has been over the moon to be coming off the bench in the Dutch league. Get him out of here.
You can't understand why a young player who wants to plays games, then plays in games, does better than his counterparts but gets dropped regardless for a geriatric and a man who can't remember what a ball is.

If I was him, I'd be vexed as well and not really trusting a word that comes from Wolves as well.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't understand why a young player who wants to plays games, then plays in games, does better than his counterparts but gets dropped regardless for a geriatric and a man who can't remember what a ball is.

If I was him, I'd be vexed as well and not really trusting a word that comes from Wolves as well.
Perfectly happy sitting on the bench for PSV though. Footballers get dropped, it’s part of life. We don’t even have the same coach now, but he’s so mentally scarred from it he can’t possibly return. Give me a break.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfectly happy sitting on the bench for PSV though. Footballers get dropped, it’s part of life. We don’t even have the same coach now, but he’s so mentally scarred from it he can’t possibly return. Give me a break.
Because I'd imagine he wasn't told that you'd given a chance at Wolves and you can understand that in front of him is the captain.

Say an ex cheated on you, would you trust her again?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t fall for the hype regarding MGW. Before the final 2 games of the season most Forest fans wanted him dropped due to a lack of effort and also he was in hot water for being rude to fans.

A couple of assists in the last 2 games and all of a sudden he is “brilliant”. Very overrated player.
Well I've spoken with some of Forest's away fans on the trains down to Wolves and they waxed lyrical about the lad. They couldn't understand how we let him go or the reception we give him. Their player of the season. Lauded in the sports press. I've said before, here in Sheffield they absolutely loved the lad, I had one seemingly reasonable fella in a pub watching us tell me he's the best player they've ever had. Now of course that was *******s, but I sincerely doubt any normal match-going fans (and not Forest's divs on social media) wanted their best player dropped. You could be right, although given what I've heard I doubt it, but I have no doubt that he's brilliant. He always was to be fair.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because I'd imagine he wasn't told that you'd given a chance at Wolves and you can understand that in front of him is the captain.

Say an ex cheated on you, would you trust her again?
It’s a completely different staff! The “ex” is gone!

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I imagine this is 100% coming from his father “getting in his ear” who would certainly benefit financially from a move. You see this a lot where parents are involved as agents, especially in Hollywood etc.

He probably didn’t enjoy his time at Wolves under Lage and then felt appreciated at PSV. Abit of a holiday romance feel about it.

Get him back at Wolves (away from his Dad) to chat with Jeff and Julen and he may feel different.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would sell. Lack of pace for a forward and a bit of an attitude it seems.

The fee paid was clearly OTT. Expect some sort of 'balancing' payment to Porto linked to previous deals.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Our fans can be harsh, particularly so 10-20 years ago when we were a passionate bunch frustrated at the chasm between where we were and where we thought we ought to be. I don't think Silva's had anything but support since he's been with us though. He's never been booed and his effort's always been appreciated. He might've been mismanaged but that was partly a consequence of the Jimenez injury and not having the luxury of introducing him slowly.

I think he's probably a good lad and a decent striker. He's no generational talent but who cares, he's our player and I reckon he's due another go in the PL after a fair to middling season on loan, ideally as back up to a more established goal scorer.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure what he's alleged to have said is that bad, loves the fans but thought he could have been 'handled' better.....I'd agree with that.
Plus it's just more Internet trash, no real facts.
Once he's talked to JL, if he doesn't want to be here, then yes get rid, if he and Lopetegui fancy another go, then its a no brainer to at least have a look at him.

Back
Top Bottom