Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leon Chiwome

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see he is going to be with the first team squad for the rest of this season with our lack of attacking options. Have a feeling he is going to be good for us and I would have him in the squad at Vile for sure.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldnt put too much expectation on his (or Fraser’s) shoulders; still very early days.
Exactly this. 6 weeks ago people were falling over themselves for Fraser then he had two average performances and folk were saying he’s not the level and never will be.

Both of them are very young and inexperienced and require time and patience to develop. In an ideal world neither would be anywhere near our first team right now and would be out on loan and getting game time without the additional pressure

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fraser is a boyhood vile fan so wouldn’t start him Saturday

Maybe push Bueno or RAN further forward??

Bueno Chiwome Sarabia
RAN Lemina Gomes Semedo
Toti Dawson Kilman
Sa

I think Bueno used to be a winger in his younger years

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. 6 weeks ago people were falling over themselves for Fraser then he had two average performances and folk were saying he’s not the level and never will be.

Both of them are very young and inexperienced and require time and patience to develop. In an ideal world neither would be anywhere near our first team right now and would be out on loan and getting game time without the additional pressure
Do you not remember ‘Danny Batth a future England captain’ posts? As it was, as it is, as it ever will be :tearsofjoy:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman grew up a Chelsea fan should he have not played ?
Bit different when a player is so young and has someone else breathing down his throat for his place. The occasion would be too big for him. If chelsea wanna buy Kilman crack on and get rid of him he can live his dream

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not remember ‘Danny Batth a future England captain’ posts? As it was, as it is, as it ever will be :tearsofjoy:
We love to take a kid from “zero to hero” and back down again on a game by game basis. Some of the stuff about Fraser after his first game compared to the stuff after Coventry is laughably awful. They’re young kids who will have dips. Someone compared Fraser to Ferguson at Brighton ages ago with the old “if you’re good enough you’re old enough bit”, kids gone 18 games now without scoring.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We love to take a kid from “zero to hero” and back down again on a game by game basis. Some of the stuff about Fraser after his first game compared to the stuff after Coventry is laughably awful. They’re young kids who will have dips. Someone compared Fraser to Ferguson at Brighton ages ago with the old “if you’re good enough you’re old enough bit”, kids gone 18 games now without scoring.
I think that was Jos - and it’s not like he’s known for hyperbole…. :wink:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would it though?
First of all many prefer Chiwome after the Cov game so taking Fraser out of the firing line may help

Then add it’s his boyhood club he will feel the pressure being young and making start against the 1982 champions.

Throw in Leon Chiwome for 60 mins he’s much faster than Fraser who comes deep. Against a high line it’s hard to argue to start Fraser who I rate highly.

Certain players are made for certain games

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predicted this when everybody was saying give Fraser a chance in January and don't sign anyone....I said we would more likely break him , than develop him......it's funny can't see the same ones saying give him a chance are the ones writing him off.....no balance with some..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First of all many prefer Chiwome after the Cov game so taking Fraser out of the firing line may help

Then add it’s his boyhood club he will feel the pressure being young and making start against the 1982 champions.

Throw in Leon Chiwome for 60 mins he’s much faster than Fraser who comes deep. Against a high line it’s hard to argue to start Fraser who I rate highly.

Certain players are made for certain games
At his age and experience I’d argue he’ll feel the pressure regardless of who we play. He’s got one senior game under his belt.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predicted this when everybody was saying give Fraser a chance in January and don't sign anyone....I said we would more likely break him , than develop him......it's funny can't see the same ones saying give him a chance are the ones writing him off.....no balance with some..
I said at the time having watched him a lot in the under 23s that he wasn’t anywhere near ready. In fairness so did the club as he was going to Shrewsbury and even at that level I doubt very much he was guaranteed to start. Anyone who watches under 23 football regularly knows the gap to the seniors is absolutely massive.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said at the time having watched him a lot in the under 23s that he wasn’t anywhere near ready. In fairness so did the club as he was going to Shrewsbury and even at that level I doubt very much he was guaranteed to start. Anyone who watches under 23 football regularly knows the gap to the seniors is absolutely massive.
Said exactly the same...you don't dip your toe in senior football at premier league level....

But what the club they supported has got to do with anything is laughable....deary me....if Fraser is anything like the local Wolverhampton villa fans I nw...he has probably never been near Villa park...one at my work was singing to me last May about travelling round Europe...he day even go against Ajax at home.....

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aid exactly the same...you don't dip your toe in senior football at premier league level....

But what the club they supported has got to do with anything is laughable....deary me....if Fraser is anything like the local Wolverhampton villa fans I nw...he has probably never been near Villa park...one at my work was singing to me last may about travelling round Europe...he day even go against Ajax at home.....
I think you’ve just summed up villa fans in general!! My local pub is a real pub for locals, the sort where everyone knows everyone and anyone new walks in and it goes silent. Drank there with the same lads for 25 plus years, only the last two seasons have I known that there’s a handful of villa in there. Never opened their mouths before and now they’re like a Brummie Brazil. We’ve got a huge WhatsApp group that covers a horse racing nap and it’s all they bang on about now yet not one of them sets foot in Seal Park

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you’ve just summed up villa fans in general!! My local pub is a real pub for locals, the sort where everyone knows everyone and anyone new walks in and it goes silent. Drank there with the same lads for 25 plus years, only the last two seasons have I known that there’s a handful of villa in there. Never opened their mouths before and now they’re like a Brummie Brazil. We’ve got a huge WhatsApp group that covers a horse racing nap and it’s all they bang on about now yet not one of them sets foot in Seal Park
Said before.....I always use the same line with em Villa fans ......There always come up to ya ....Villa fan I am , biggest club in the Midlands blah blah......I say "who ya got Saturday chap"......ooh "I dunno".... "Massive fan then, .well off ya trot then.........works 98% of the time.......

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said before.....I always use the same line with em Villa fans ......There always come up to ya ....Villa fan I am , biggest club in the Midlands blah blah......I say "who ya got Saturday chap"......ooh "I dunno".... "Massive fan then, .well off ya trot then.........works 98% of the time.......
The guvnor of the aforementioned pub outed himself as a Villa fan two seasons ago, he’s been there 10 years and I never heard him mention it before. He didn’t like it when I told him the last time he went to Villa park he had a fringe (he now looks like a boiled egg)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guvnor of the aforementioned pub outed himself as a Villa fan two seasons ago, he’s been there 10 years and I never heard him mention it before. He didn’t like it when I told him the last time he went to Villa park he had a fringe (he now looks like a boiled egg)
I played at villa park about 12 years ago for a vets team in a charity game...we lost 3-2 , it was my fault the one goal we let in......

Back
Top Bottom