Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leon Chiwome

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do give our Number 84 credit for his effort this afternoon.

The lad wasn’t even in on the squad list in the Matchday Programme and despite being chucked in, I thought he showed some nice touches on the ball and some strong effort.

Hope he can press on post his 40 minutes today and continues to develop as he has done in the Academy.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play tonthe youngun. Definitely made the Coventry defenders think abit more rather then when Fraser was on.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both Fraser and Chiwome need a season on loan where they can play 30/40 games.

He looked bright today and not going to knock him at all, we have got some good players in the youth just need experience.

We Need an experienced forward for the next couple of years somebody like Welbeck would be ideal for us in the short term whilst Fraser/Chirwome develop.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he in the position that you admit he 'shouldn't be'?
Oooh, let's debate the same old stuff that's been discussed on here a million times. We all know that you are an expert on football finances as well as tactics. I really don't know why you aren't a CEO of a Premier League side.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oooh, let's debate the same old stuff that's been discussed on here a million times. We all know that you are an expert on football finances as well as tactics. I really don't know why you aren't a CEO of a Premier League side.
Ha.

So, what are you saying here?

You don't disagree with my point about Fraser. But you don't want me to make it because it's negative.

Then, we can't talk about why Fraser is in this position.

Basically, if we lose, don't comment because JR WAS KING will get sad and upset. Are you a mod?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he looked OK. More physical than Fraser, but I'm not getting the pelters for Fraser at all. No service, no support for a nineteen year old with so few senior minutes. All seems a bit harsh.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha.

You don't disagree with my point about Fraser. But you don't want me to make it because it's negative.

Basically, if we lose, don't comment because JR WAS KING will get sad and upset. Are you a mod?
Not me mate.............I'm a rocker.:D

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha.

My point was, you're just a WUM who is quite happy to slag off a teenager who is trying his best. Big man.

The reason he is playing has been done to death on numerous threads, but you want to go down that route again so that you can try to impress us all with your financial acumen.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congrats on his debut and all that, but I didn't think he played well at all tbh. I think his contribution was running the ball into Lemina with two players around him for Coventry's second and nearly taking out RAN in the build up for Bueno's goal.
He'll have his 60 minutes before the end of the season, in which the same people who are writing Fraser's career off after his off-performance today will ultimately write off Chiwome's.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think over time all these misfortunate injury's we are forced into playing these youngsters more this season and mould them into very strong squad members., Personally I think they all look very promising. but we will need a bigger squad with seasoned prem players for next season, Bringing back our Conor Coady would be a plus IMO.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t forget that Fraser had to do all the futile running against fresh legs from minute one. Chiwome came on against tiring legs. So let’s not put Fraser on the sacrificing table and Chiwome on a pedestal too soon, ay.

Fraser running vs fresh legs with a thigh injury we’re nursing him through. He’s doing his best.

Without comparing them to anyone, they’re the ones that have the mantle currently, let’s get behind them (not aimed at you, just a general comment.)

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Fraser and Chiwome need a season on loan where they can play 30/40 games.

He looked bright today and not going to knock him at all, we have got some good players in the youth just need experience.

We Need an experienced forward for the next couple of years somebody like Welbeck would be ideal for us in the short term whilst Fraser/Chirwome develop.
People keep mentioning Welbeck. Is he available or something?

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People keep mentioning Welbeck. Is he available or something?

Think he's a free agent in the summer, just somebody with a bit of experience a premier league/top level journeyman for a couple of years whilst the youngsters develop.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Much more mobile than Fraser and looks prepared to get stuck in. Only a cameo but on today's display he looks a better prospect of the 2

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't look half bad when he came on considering the circumstances.

I can't say I've watched a ton of him first-hand, but remember reading on here last season that he had scored a hattrick for England U17 vs Germany!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't look half bad when he came on considering the circumstances.

I can't say I've watched a ton of him first-hand, but remember reading on here last season that he had scored a hattrick for England U17 vs Germany!
He’s highly regarded.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The straw clutching on this thread. Both Fraser and Chiwome are light years from being premier league strikers right now. No criticism, just the reality.

Silva at least looked like he deserved to be on the same pitch, most the time at least.

Signing Silva was madness, but letting him go on loan without brining anyone in was actually worse.

loppers86

Reaction score
Signing Silva was madness, but letting him go on loan without brining anyone in was actually worse.
Indeed.

Signing Silva at that price was one of the worst decisions in football history (and that’s not an exaggeration).

Then we manage to make a worse decision three years later… leading to us again playing boys against men up front.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks like he has a bit more pace and could close down a bit quicker, but neither are the answer.

The reality is you need a bigger squad of players closer to the first team. Didn't Coventry spend £8m on Simms in the summer from Everton?

If we had done that I bet there would be alsorts of melt down on here - waste of money, give the kids a chance, he is not good enough etc etc.

A club like us are not going to have four £40m players available in case three of them get injured, but we do need a deeper squad of 1st team capable players.

So, you have two choices. You stick with these young lads knowing that they really are not ready, or you accept we spend money many will see as wasted - be honest what would you have said if we had paid Everton £8m for Simms, I know I would have been underwhelmed. But he is the sort of solid mobile squad filler you need.

As for Chiwome he looks a better prospect that Fraser to me, he looks quicker and he is a big lad.

I am sure both will have a good career, but unless Fraser is carrying an injury he looks very slow. There are premier league players who are not blistering, but I am not sure it's a good thing to be slow - so in that sense I do worry about Fraser's ceiling. It may not be at premier league level. But let's see how the lad develops over the next 2 or 3 years.

loppers86

Reaction score
I was in the BW level with the penalty area at SB end. it was really noticeable 5 or 6 times that Leon was in a great position in line and pointing where he wanted it - only to be completely ignored for harder options.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went full bloodied into a tacklebvery soon after he came on. Think we all loved that. Worth a start next game given our injuries and Fraser looks so slow and probably suits coming on as a sub rather than starting.

Back
Top Bottom