Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds (A) Verdict Thread

B

Bullywolf

Meaningless result for us as we were not in real danger of relegation but on a positive note we consolidate our position in 16th... hopefully most of this wretched squad will be shipped out in the summer

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result, very surprising. Although I'm not shocked to see more defensive solidity with Williamson back there.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More than happy with the result, should have been more, we have to start putting easy chances away.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win.

Also very surprised Weimann didn't simply take the ball past Green for that chance. He seems to love doing that and there was acres of space to the right.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win.

Also very surprised Weimann didn't simply take the ball past Green for that chance. He seems to love doing that and there was acres of space to the right.
Yes, unlike him. Thought he`d have danced past and tapped it in.

D

Deleted member 4257

Buzzing
Fans paying the £37 have been rewarded

Sounds like we deserved the win and surviving the late pressure.
What a win. Great set up for a tough away game.

We can sit back and enjoy the rest of the season now.
The Blackburn game is a win win if you know what I mean... And let's sell out Derby and enjoy ourselves with a few beers and a good old sing song

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very handy win that guarantees we stay up. The main plus seeing Saiss and Williamson in there to shore up the defence. Lovely through ball from Marshall for the Dicko goal. Look forward to reports but now its all about the summer transfer trading and forgetting what has been a terrible season that almost teetered to relegation disaster at one point.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's games like today that we can get the best out of Edwards. I'd like to think that we won't need to set up to harass and counter attack as much next season so his inclusion will be limited though but he's a worthy squad player

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why, how many games has he played in the last 15 months, how old is he, absolute madness?
Yeah, I don't think it's a crazy idea but on balance not the right one. We need a solid, mature CB and one who can play 90% of games, not put in a shift here and there. He's proven he's a solid player but not the man for me.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give Williamson a new deal

See where you're coming from, but also see the concerns raised by others. Perhaps a rolling / pay as you play type deal if he were up for it, or combined with a coaching job if he's done his courses and is looking to go that way. Whatever, we need at least one other experienced and fit CB who can play the majority of games and provide the leadership at the back we have often lacked in recent years.

Watched the highlights. Superb pass by Marshall for the goal, and is it me, or is Dicko starting to look more relaxed and confident? Fingers crossed.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That ball from Marshall is what I've/we've been waiting all season to see from a Wolves mf. If as usual we don't find the quality cmf this summer I wonder now if Marshall could play that creative role. Looking again at that brilliant defence splitting pass how many like that have we ever seen from Edwards, Evans, Price or Saville? I'm struggling.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He maybe a liability but experienced defenders like him are hard to come by and he has been on the bench recently nothing to do with fitness just not picked one year deal won't harm but I'm sure Lambert will make his mind up if he plays well like he's done today then someone else will pick up a good player if he can stay fit at this level especially. The injury he suffered glute was rare and he's over it so all should be good

WonderfulWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
On the train back. Brilliant attacking football on the first half and very good defensive in the second. We were overall the better side and deserved to win. Marshall and Stearman were excellent today. In fact everybody did well today besides Saville for me.

E

E is for idiot.

That ball from Marshall is what I've/we've been waiting all season to see from a Wolves mf. If as usual we don't find the quality cmf this summer I wonder now if Marshall could play that creative role. Looking again at that brilliant defence splitting pass how many like that have we ever seen from Edwards, Evans, Price or Saville? I'm struggling.

Saiss played a good one for Wiemann's chance as well.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the train back. Brilliant attacking football on the first half and very good defensive in the second. We were overall the better side and deserved to win. Marshall and Stearman were excellent today. In fact everybody did well today besides Saville for me.

I'm not sure that you're allowed to say 'Stearman was excellent' on here!

Yellow card WonderfulWolves !!!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb defence-splitting pass from Saiss which put the ball on a plate for Weimann, but he ****ed it up.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You say Saville wasn't brilliant, but he was filling in in a position we lack cover atm and not his position.
What was the problem with Caveleiro? Weirdly we look a decent solid team without Costa and Cav.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You say Saville wasn't brilliant, but he was filling in in a position we lack cover atm and not his position.
What was the problem with Caveleiro? Weirdly we look a decent solid team without Costa and Cav.

Lambert said he had some issue with his back I think.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So the Jury (@Essex Wolf WHERE ARE YOU) agree that we are better without captain Batth?

He'll be asking one of the other juries,

Glad as I am about today's win I'm more confused than ever. Apparently we are better with Williamson and Stearman than Batth and Hause which some would probably say is right, on the other by the same logic we are better with Saville and Edwards than Costa and Cavaleiro which seems less plausible.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing verdicts from those that went, particular interested to read how Saiss, Marshall, Doc & Weimann played.

blaenboy

Reaction score
Account of the game on flight home after an enjoyable trip over to Leeds. Actually, very enjoyable- and so surprising after the pathetic display v Brighton.
First half we dominated them and played some slick football, creating good opportunities with movement that seemed to catch Leeds by surprise. Second half we were under sustained pressure, mostly aerial bombardment that we struggled to cope with at times. However we played with a grit and determination that was hard to credit after Friday.

Lonergan: surprised he was picked but he did the job satisfactorily other than one scary clearance 6
Coady: I like his wholehearted approach and he has decent skills. However Leeds played on his lack of pace in last 20 mins and put in some dangerous crosses from his side 6
Williamson: A fine CB if a touch slow and struggled in air v Wood at times.6.5
Stearman: a tower of strength. His blocks were astounding. Made a huge difference.8.5 MOM
Doherty: was obviously told to stay at home and he performed solidly and efficiently.7
Marshall. Terrific performance. Real skills and a great ball for the goal. Makes a big difference. 8
Saiss. A couple of iffy balls but overall the most impressed I have been by him. Solid in front of the defence and sprayed a few nice balls out. 7.5
Edwards: the sort of game he is suited to. Ran himself into the ground.7
Savile. Not everyone likes him but I thought he was quietly effective. 6
Weimann. A great engine. Not everything came off for him but he was a danger to them Worked hard but should have scored.6
Dicko. Looked sharp and ran well. Took goal superbly

Subs; good choices at right times, though Rvans a bit lost at times. Inorganic sub as 3rd centre back an excellent decision for last 20 mins

Back
Top Bottom