Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lee Howey (rentathug)

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Came across this earlier, seems proud of himself, was gonna re tweet to Geoff Thomas but couldn't bring myself to stir the pot. Screenshot_20200217_125101_com.twitter.android.jpg

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if his employers are happy with having their name associated with such a loathsome comment?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
'both Geoff Thomas and John de Wolf had invited retribution and they received it' apparently the reasonable response to arrogance on the football field is a career ending tackle. Utter thug.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there and saw it. Awful tackle (injury time I think ... with the game well over). I think Sunderland destroyed/withheld the video evidence. Thomas had scored a fantastic goal earlier in the match. Such a shame.

Howey is a boat anchor of the highest order.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was that defender we signed from Newcastle around 20 years ago? Can't remember his name. He was ****ing useless.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who was that defender we signed from Newcastle around 20 years ago? Can't remember his name. He was ****ing useless.
Darren Peacock?
Looked like someone off an American chippendales poster, ran and jumped like a wooden chippendale though.

Last edited:

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unreal comments by him. Hes a ***** of highest order......what goes around comes around...

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was there and saw it. Awful tackle (injury time I think ... with the game well over). I think Sunderland destroyed/withheld the video evidence. Thomas had scored a fantastic goal earlier in the match. Such a shame.

Howey is a boat anchor of the highest order.
Yes, from memory they said they didn't capture the incident as strangely they ran out of film or something of that bizareness.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I console myself with the fact that Geoff, despite all of his setbacks, has done a massive amount of good in his life. His charity raising efforts are an example to all. He is a collosal human being, and I am very proud that such a fine person was associated with our great club.
As a footballer,Howey isn't even a legend in his own house. As a human being, he pales into insignificance alongside Geoff.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I console myself with the fact that Geoff, despite all of his setbacks, has done a massive amount of good in his life. His charity raising efforts are an example to all. He is a collosal human being, and I am very proud that such a fine person was associated with our great club.
As a footballer,Howey isn't even a legend in his own house. As a human being, he pales into insignificance alongside Geoff.
And also looks in great condition. Howey looks about 70 the ****.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ancient Egyptians believed that, in order to enter the afterlife, your heart, untroubled by bad deeds had to be as light as a feather. If it was weighed down by bad deeds, you were consumed by the goddess Ammut who was part lion, part hippopotamus and part crocodile. I wonder if this legend has any application here?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
'both Geoff Thomas and John de Wolf had invited retribution and they received it' apparently the reasonable response to arrogance on the football field is a career ending tackle. Utter thug.
Although not calling for it to happen, does that mean if someone now went up to him and broke his leg he would accept it as he has invited retribution?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Darren Peacock?
Looked like someone off an American chippendales poster, ran and jumped like a wooden chippendale though.
Also in recent times Mike Williamson. Let's be honest, if you can't get in a Newcastle starting 11, then you're going to be ****.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sunderland fans I know used to sing “ Lee Howey Lee Howey Lee Howey you’re brother is a **** “
His brother Steve was the better player .
In fact the above mentioned Lee’s book title sums him up
Massively Violent and Decidedly Average

Last edited by a moderator:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well said that man !!!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also in recent times Mike Williamson. Let's be honest, if you can't get in a Newcastle starting 11, then you're going to be ****.
You mean the Newcastle that are ****, have a potato head for a manager who we constantly acknowledge as a dinosaur of a manager yet are only 5 points behind us.....

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful player. However, let's not forget how some idolised Muscat, who was at least as bad.

It's a shame that there's not more Whelan-like karma in the game. He set out to do a job on Deeley and finished his own playing career.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the Newcastle that are ****, have a potato head for a manager who we constantly acknowledge as a dinosaur of a manager yet are only 5 points behind us.....
Think that you missed 'Have a string of injuries' too...

cowshed

Reaction score
I can remember meeting Dave Kelly in Magaluf, Mallorca, on a close season tour and his leg was in a terrible mess, can remember asking him if Lee Howey had caught him in training, he was playing for Sunderland at the time

D

Deleted member 3545

Well most teams had a hard/dirty player back then. Kevin Muscat

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reviewed his book on Amazon but they didn't accept it for some reason.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Any discussion involving the words 'thug' 'scum' 'savage' etc also need to include the words 'Anthony Kay' and 'Milton Keynes'. For those who don't remember, it was worse that Mourinho's animals and their GBH assaults on Traore.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful player. However, let's not forget how some idolised Muscat, who was at least as bad.

It's a shame that there's not more Whelan-like karma in the game. He set out to do a job on Deeley and finished his own playing career.
Muscat was a **** off the pitch and by all accounts a gentleman off it.
This bloke is a **** on the pitch and a **** off it. Big difference.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ancient Egyptians believed that, in order to enter the afterlife, your heart, untroubled by bad deeds had to be as light as a feather. If it was weighed down by bad deeds, you were consumed by the goddess Ammut who was part lion, part hippopotamus and part crocodile. I wonder if this legend has any application here?

I think she is a regular in our local! :eek::rolleyes::D

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any discussion involving the words 'thug' 'scum' 'savage' etc also need to include the words 'Anthony Kay' and 'Milton Keynes'. For those who don't remember, it was worse that Mourinho's animals and their GBH assaults on Traore.
Spurs tackles on Traore where nothing like Howeys, Kays or Muscat’s. Shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Michal Zyro assassin!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Really? What happened to Whelan? I haven't heard anything about that. At least, he doesn't seem to have ever mentioned it.

Back
Top Bottom