Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lambert post match interview v Cardiff

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves managers tend to bounce in full of confidence and making all the right noises about what a big club we are etc etc, but it doesn't take long for them to acquire that familiar haunted, worried, gaunt look as they realise the enormity of their task. Saunders aged about 5 years in his 6 months in charge.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, they sometimes were baffling, but I put that down to the dreadful goings on behind the scenes at Villa.

Yes, PL was very keen to let everyone know about that and why his Blackburn project failed. He also let us all know how things felt 'right' at Wolves.

I find it funny in a depressing kind of way that we get the 'dream owners' after years of tight fisted mediocrity with the M&M and KJ. We get money spent with the goal of being in or near the top 6 by Christmas. Now we are worse than ever.

Saunders knew what it took to get out of this league and I suppose Fosun could have meant in or near the top 6 worst teams in the league. Either way, 1 win in 12, still no clue as to our best team or system, pinning hopes on the Jan window despite £14m spent and a playing staff of, what is it, 30 all points one way. And it ain't onwards and upwards at the moment.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of the 30 or so on the books I'd not shed a tear if any went. They are all expendable and can be replaced by better players. Sad days when not 1 Wolves player gets you off your seat. I can't think of a worse squad than this since perhaps Tommy Docherty's lot back in the 80s.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posted on wrong thread... doh.

My comment in the OP was more about what he had said. It seems almost delusional if he believes the team have done alright since he arrived.

I certainly don't expect him to tear into the team or individuals in a post match interview.

More concerning is that there is little evidence that his arrival has improved the performances which is the least I would expect of a new manager. It certainly hasnt improved the results.

As has been said, he has said that the team needs help which suggests movement in the transfer window. To what extent and in which areas remains to be seen.

E

Edgmond Wolf

We are in a relegation battle.....there I have said it

Bugger

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Lambert he also said that a couple of games ago.

We need to cling on until January and hope everyone around us also messes up.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
To be fair to Lambert he also said that a couple of games ago.

We need to cling on until January and hope everyone around us also messes up.

He has been saying what many of the fans on here are: that we need some experienced heads in the team. This can't happen until the opportunity arises in January.

When you stand back and look at the overriding situation objectively you realise Lambert isn't really at fault here. These are generally the same players that have been poor since last season and have been consistent with their failings this season under two different managers.

His post-match talk is designed to maintain some confidence in the players so as they don't totally fall apart as that would be so much more damaging to our situation.....if you read between the lines you can see he sees it like we do but in his position he has to soften the impact through a more diplomatic approach with public critical analysis.

We need to accept that Lambert is no fairy godmother with a wand because the current team really isn't a 'Cinderella' case however much we hope it can be.

I think we too easily get carried away after a decent performance believing we have turned a corner, the fact is the general level of footballing competency and the inconsistency in performing well over a game, never mind a run of games, is the telling situation we all too readily choose to ignore when evaluating our immediate prospects and his performance.

For our own sakes we have to just hang tight and tense till the window opens if we care to be genuinely realistic about how it really is.

1LtJohnJDunbar

He has been saying what many of the fans on here are: that we need some experienced heads in the team. This can't happen until the opportunity arises in January.

When you stand back and look at the overriding situation objectively you realise Lambert isn't really at fault here. These are generally the same players that have been poor since last season and have been consistent with their failings this season under two different managers.

His post-match talk is designed to maintain some confidence in the players so as they don't totally fall apart as that would be so much more damaging to our situation.....if you read between the lines you can see he sees it like we do but in his position he has to soften the impact through a more diplomatic approach with public critical analysis.

We need to accept that Lambert is no fairy godmother with a wand because the current team really isn't a 'Cinderella' case however much we hope it can be.

I think we too easily get carried away after a decent performance believing we have turned a corner, the fact is the general level of footballing competency and the inconsistency in performing well over a game, never mind a run of games, is the telling situation we all too readily choose to ignore when evaluating our immediate prospects and his performance.

For our own sakes we have to just hang tight and tense till the window opens if we care to be genuinely realistic about how it really is.
Well said mate. This form has been going on since the start of last season. We're not consistent even when do win a couple, and even when we do win we concede goals. When we're losing teams are averaging 2 or 3 goals a game past us. It is alarming this wasn't identified and made a key area to bolster in the summer. Thelwell will have professed to knowing this league to Fosun and Jeff Shi. We're in bad need of defenders who can defend and that is their main ability. As I said in another thread we have no invested properly in the defence with supposed key addition or signing's since Roger Johnson and he was awful. We're now being exposed for it.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people care so much what he says in an interview after a game. He's never going to slag off an already low on confidence team.

He can walk out naked talking with a German twang for me. I am more concerned with what's going on pitch side.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Well said mate. This form has been going on since the start of last season. We're not consistent even when do win a couple, and even when we do win we concede goals. When we're losing teams are averaging 2 or 3 goals a game past us. It is alarming this wasn't identified and made a key area to bolster in the summer. Thelwell will have professed to knowing this league to Fosun and Jeff Shi. We're in bad need of defenders who can defend and that is their main ability. As I said in another thread we have no invested properly in the defence with supposed key addition or signing's since Roger Johnson and he was awful. We're now being exposed for it.

All things considered we have to believe that the club genuinely tried to bring in quality additions in the defence and striking depts going by the names mentioned early on.

We have to believe then that they are aware of our shortcomings and will endeavour to rectify the situation adequately this time round.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seconded, we have to give Lambert time we have to keep the faith, i can't believe how the game is now, Arsenal for instance were the greatest last week, they lose to Everton this week and the world caves in. Lambert gets two weeks and we get a Lambert out thread. I blame it on computers :-}

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Lambert in his press conference said some good things, he was right about the 4-4 game taking it out of the front three, they just did not look on the pace. For me he is trying to build something it takes time, to get calls that he is a clown is simply absurd at this stage

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Lambert in his press conference said some good things, he was right about the 4-4 game taking it out of the front three, they just did not look on the pace. For me he is trying to build something it takes time, to get calls that he is a clown is simply absurd at this stage

We haven't won a Tuesday night league game yet have we? I think there is something wrong with their mentality rather than tiredeness. Unless they just ain't fit.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Seconded, we have to give Lambert time we have to keep the faith, i can't believe how the game is now, Arsenal for instance were the greatest last week, they lose to Everton this week and the world caves in. Lambert gets two weeks and we get a Lambert out thread. I blame it on computers :-}

And you wouldn't be wrong at all!

There was a time when time in a natural 'process' with change was understood and appreciated. These damn silicon brain things have taken it out of the life equation and we totally fail to value it.....they make us think we know more than we do. ;) :)

Perhaps if Thelwell put away his octo-core black box device and went with the trained eye it could be different for us. :D

E

Edgmond Wolf

Why do people care so much what he says in an interview after a game. He's never going to slag off an already low on confidence team.

He can walk out naked talking with a German twang for me. I am more concerned with what's going on pitch side.
No idea mate, I rarely even listen to them

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can send a postcard next time?

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet Paul Lambert is such a thrill at a party.

Imagine him and Jackett in a room together. It'd be a laugh a month.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet Paul Lambert is such a thrill at a party.

Imagine him and Jackett in a room together. It'd be a laugh a month.

They're football managers not comedians, I can't really see your point. I understand a manager needs personality to inspire and motivate, but you don't need to be cartwheeling down the touch line to do that. Saunders makes a few people laugh, so does Holloway, but they're not my cup of tea.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary Neville is also good at explaining things after they have happened. That's not when it counts.

E

Essex Wolf

You know this is the first time I've watched this. Besides needing an interpreter when I did mange to follow him the bloke comes across as a ****ing idiot. BS, waffle and excuses start to end. Wish I'd have seen this earlier. I've been saying a few times today the man deserves at least one transfer window and a chance but FFS I'm not sure I'd give this clown my grandchildrens pocket money. Unless I've been reading about someone else Lambert seems successful at this level but God only knows what he saw at Cardiff because it differs to every supporter I've spoken with who attended.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of the 30 or so on the books I'd not shed a tear if any went. They are all expendable and can be replaced by better players. Sad days when not 1 Wolves player gets you off your seat. I can't think of a worse squad than this since perhaps Tommy Docherty's lot back in the 80s.

Totally disagree. Actually think we have a number of very talented players who did get us off our seats on a number of occasions under Zenga.

The problem is a lack of strong spine. We have been crying out for a commanding, organisational centre half. Stearman was never the answer. Up front to only have Dicko as a recognised finisher when nobody knew how he would recover is gross incompetence plain and simple.

Thelwell supposedly told Jeff Shi our problem areas and Butti negotiated accordingly.

Currently they are neither being inspired, organised nor motivated to cover our shortfalls.

Zenga was a couple of players away from having a decent team but yet again total mismanagement is costing us dear.

E

Essex Wolf

Totally disagree. Actually think we have a number of very talented players who did get us off our seats on a number of occasions under Zenga.

The problem is a lack of strong spine. We have been crying out for a commanding, organisational centre half. Stearman was never the answer. Up front to only have Dicko as a recognised finisher when nobody knew how he would recover is gross incompetence plain and simple.

Thelwell supposedly told Jeff Shi our problem areas and Butti negotiated accordingly.

Currently they are neither being inspired, organised nor motivated to cover our shortfalls.

Zenga was a couple of players away from having a decent team but yet again total mismanagement is costing us dear.
Agree with that AM. The club has a few good players but they are simply not being used well and overall confidence is lower than rock bottom.
The striker issue is quite embarrassing and unnecessary. Quite how the hell a supposed professional organisation can be so incompetent beggars belief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His comment about the damage having been done to our form and league position 'early in the season' is nonsense. (1) The wins against Blues, Newcastle and Brentford and the draw against Villa were our best performances in the league; all of them were before he arrived and the form shown was far better than anything he has so far produced with the same squad of players. (2) 1 win, a couple of draws and 2 defeats under him is 5 points from 5 games -- relegation form. (3) We are lower in the league than when he arrived. So talk sense, Paul -- or do you think we are all idiots?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lambert has said we are an exciting team going forward, according to Spiers today! Worked a treat at Cardiff, PNE and against Sheff Wed Paul! He does realise that not one of our strikers has scored for the first team for four months and our central midfield is the opposite of creative? Lambert baffles me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His comment about the damage having been done to our form and league position 'early in the season' is nonsense. (1) The wins against Blues, Newcastle and Brentford and the draw against Villa were our best performances in the league and all before he arrived and the form shown in them was far better than anything he has so far produced with the same players. (2) 1win, a couple of draws and 2 defeats under him is 5 points from 5 games -- relegation form. (3) We are lower in the league than when he arrived. So talk sense, Paul -- or do you think we are all idiots?

He is talking out of his **** and I am growing more tired of him by the day.

F

FLEET WOLF

His comment about the damage having been done to our form and league position 'early in the season' is nonsense. (1) The wins against Blues, Newcastle and Brentford and the draw against Villa were our best performances in the league; all of them were before he arrived and the form shown was far better than anything he has so far produced with the same squad of players. (2) 1 win, a couple of draws and 2 defeats under him is 5 points from 5 games -- relegation form. (3) We are lower in the league than when he arrived. So talk sense, Paul -- or do you think we are all idiots?
Those were good results, but, the malaise was setting in before he was sacked.

E

Essex Wolf

Lambert has said we are an exciting team going forward, according to Spiers today! Worked a treat at Cardiff, PNE and against Sheff Wed Paul! He does realise that not one of our strikers has scored for the first team for four months and our central midfield is the opposite of creative? Lambert baffles me.
Maybe JOS his idea of excitement is different to the supporters but you make a very good point here.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know why there is still no pre Forest match Lambert video on facebook or twitter yet?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And another thing; he's always scratching his ear or his nose or his chin when he's being interviewed?! I reckon this is a clear sign that he's under enormous pressure or that he's talking complete bull**** - or possibly both?!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
And another thing; he's always scratching his ear or his nose or his chin when he's being interviewed?! I reckon this is a clear sign that he's under enormous pressure or that he's talking complete ******** - or possibly both?!

Would it be better if he was scratching his head or pulling his hair out?

What would you do as a stressed manager trying to explain that lot?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still no Pre match interview from Lambert put up?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And another thing; he's always scratching his ear or his nose or his chin when he's being interviewed?! I reckon this is a clear sign that he's under enormous pressure or that he's talking complete ******** - or possibly both?!
Those are typical tells of people knowing they are talking cobblers....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it be better if he was scratching his head or pulling his hair out?

What would you do as a stressed manager trying to explain that lot?
I think is like take the Blackadder approach and put a pair of pants on my head, two pencils up my nose and say wibble...

Back
Top Bottom