Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lambert post match interview v Cardiff

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clown. The Scottish Dean Saunders with a post match interview like that.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't expect much else to be honest.

He's said from day one its a young team & he's hardly going to come out & bash them in the media. Hopefully he's told them how it really is behind closed doors. For whatever reason, it looks like he's gone with the get behind them, keep positive schtik.

P

PsychWolf

"We didn't have much to deal with"

"I thought we played well"

"I thought we looked comfortable, no problem"

He's cracking up already

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShropshireLad

Don't expect much else to be honest.

He's said from day one its a young team & he's hardly going to come out & bash them in the media. Hopefully he's told them how it really is behind closed doors. For whatever reason, it looks like he's gone with the get behind them, keep positive schtik.
You're absolutely right. There's nothing to be gained by him telling the fans what they think they want to hear. Only today the Hunt comment about telling Morgan to shut the **** up is lesson enough to demonstrate that. He has to manage them as people as well as footballers.

I actually recognise the massive job he has on his hands. Mendes and Fosun are responsible for bringing in a totally unsuitable assortment of players to blend with what was already here and they didn't appoint a manager who could quickly sort the wheat from the chaff to get rid of unrequired players. Lambert has to make something of a picture out of pieces from different jig-saw puzzles. I'll only knock him if the players he brings in fail to improve the team.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. There's nothing to be gained by him telling the fans what they think they want to hear. Only today the Hunt comment about telling Morgan to shut the f*** up is lesson enough to demonstrate that. He has to manage them as people as well as footballers.

I actually recognise the massive job he has on his hands. Mendes and Fosun are responsible for bringing in a totally unsuitable assortment of players to blend with what was already here and they didn't appoint a manager who could quickly sort the wheat from the chaff to get rid of unrequired players. Lambert has to make something of a picture out of pieces from different jig-saw puzzles. I'll only knock him if the players he brings in fail to improve the team.
How can you blame Mendes when 2 of his clients are our best players? (Cav and Costa)

I think it's a shame we didn't get MORE Mendes clients, we would probably be in a much better shape. Anything to get rid of the old guard rubbish.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Stears interview confirms what I said/thought.

PL will dig those out who need/deserve it but it'll be kept in the dressing which is fine by me.

Others may not like it & if we get more results like tonight, I doubt that I'll be happy about it but it is what it is unfortunately.

Keeping touch/heads above water come Jan is huge. There can be no ****ing about in that window from Lambert & more importantly Thelwell.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. There's nothing to be gained by him telling the fans what they think they want to hear. Only today the Hunt comment about telling Morgan to shut the f*** up is lesson enough to demonstrate that. He has to manage them as people as well as footballers.

This is utter horse****. Blaming Mendes for bringing our best players in is about as stupid a comment as I've read on here tonight ....

There is only 1 player that Mendes has brought in (if you believe he did have a hand in the Saiss deal) in the whole of the midfield and defence that played tonight. That's 6 out of 7 players.

Is it Saiss's fault we lost tonight? No.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is utter horse****. Blaming Mendes for bringing our best players in is about as stupid a comment as I've read on here tonight and I've read all of StefanWolves and Ashley's posts.

There is only 1 player that Mendes has brought in (if you believe he did have a hand in the Saiss deal) in the whole of the midfield and defence that played tonight. That's 6 out of 7 players.

I wished we had signed more Mendes players, if they were the quality of Cav and Costa then we wouldn't be miles off the playoffs.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a manager that ticked all the club's boxes and is apparently a student of the game I'm very underwhelmed so far. It's a young team but it's not necessarily inexperienced. His tactics don't seem much different to Kenny's to be honest.
Reminds me a bit of Brendan Rodgers.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a difficult spot IMHO. Probably recognizes how gently constructed his musfits are and doesnt want to upset them.

Will only judge him after the January window has closed and he has own players in. Assuming FOSUN backs him of course.

W

WasStefan

This is utter horse****. Blaming Mendes for bringing our best players in is about as stupid a comment as I've read on here tonight ...

You sir are not very nice

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel some sympathy for him. He has inherited a very poor squad, but he obviously has to show loyalty to them. As I have said in another thread, this job will define him.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think you're in the right territory here mate but there's plenty of naysayers here who won't want to see this. After all it's entirely Lambert's fault he's only been here half a dozen games as is the make up of the squad. Until the January transfer dealings have come and gone I'm reserving judgement and...at this stage....I don't blame Lambert for stonewalling with his media comments..

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to give him a chance. He has had 5 games.

If this goes wrong we will end up with some journeyman Uruguayan who once mowed Jorge Mendes lawn.

Not advocating sacking him just underwhelmed. Was expecting a lift when he was appointed but .....nothing.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Depressing to watch I'm afraid. Still hope eternal that he may turn things around, please God.

D

Deleted member TW5162

Not his best interview in my opinion a few naive comments that people will pick out and pull him up on. When your team is in the mire as we are he needs to think a bit more before opening himself up to more critisism. Loaded the bullets for a few people there to have a pot shot.

S

ShropshireLad

How can you blame Mendes when 2 of his clients are our best players? (Cav and Costa)

I think it's a shame we didn't get MORE Mendes clients, we would probably be in a much better shape. Anything to get rid of the old guard rubbish.
What about the rest? There is no blend of players in the squad which will get us through. Man City had a team of stars in the 80s/90s and went from the First Division to the Third with the same players. They were all very decent players with a lot of international credibility but were just not a team. That's us but with worse players.

S

ShropshireLad

This is utter horse****. Blaming Mendes for bringing our best players in is about as stupid a comment as I've read on here tonight and I've read all of StefanWolves and Ashley's posts.

Really. I disagree with you but won't stoop to your level of discussion.

S

ShropshireLad

I think you're in the right territory here mate but there's plenty of naysayers here who won't want to see this. After all it's entirely Lambert's fault he's only been here half a dozen games as is the make up of the squad. Until the January transfer dealings have come and gone I'm reserving judgement and...at this stage....I don't blame Lambert for stonewalling with his media comments..
Thank goodness you can discuss the topic rationally and be circumspect about it. ;)

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his best interview in my opinion a few naive comments that people will pick out and pull him up on. When your team is in the mire as we are he needs to think a bit more before opening himself up to more critisism. Loaded the bullets for a few people there to have a pot shot.
Just think he was speechless, but had to say something, just some words came out with him trying not to slate the players. The chips are down for sure now; hopefully he will pull something together and swim rather than sink.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'A game too far for them tonight' WTF!!!!!!! Can I have my ticket money back and the train fare. FFS - he's turning into Dean Saunders. I'm worried.

D

Deleted member TW5162

Just think he was speechless, but had to say something, just some words came out with him trying not to slate the players. The chips are down for sure now; hopefully he will pull something together and swim rather than sink.

Yeah you are probably right, think he might be used to it by now though lol. There is something wrong behind the scenes at Wolves that doesn't add up for me. It might be Thelwell, coaches, scouts I don't know but we been through manager after manager a few different owners and yet still same old issues.

Getting to the point that I feel the club needs gutting and starting from the ground up.

Who knows :confused:

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely not true. Nobody i the world could blend with these neanderthal footballers.

Complete clearout needed please Fosun - of the old guard.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah you are probably right, think he might be used to it by now though lol. There is something wrong behind the scenes at Wolves that doesn't add up for me. It might be Thelwell, coaches, scouts I don't know but we been through manager after manager a few different owners and yet still same old issues.

Getting to the point that I feel the club needs gutting and starting from the ground up.

Who knows :confused:
Agree, something decidedly wrong, can't just be PL. Suggest all the old first team coaching staff and Thelwell need the boot.

What is very hard to understand is that the defence just can't keep their shape and end up acting like a bunch of clowns. Would have thought that some semblance of defensive organisation could be brought to bare, although the standard of the individuals is somewhat lacking? It's getting worse rather than better and some have probably just lost it completely by now. PL should just take this on board by himself as I wouldn't trust Edwards and co old boy coaches with diddly squat.

A

AlexWWFC

Has to be given time, he wasn't my choice but has to be given time to prove himself.

Interesting to hear the commentators on Wolves player tonight say 'and some said they thought he would be boring' when it came to PL at Wolves. I'd love to know what they thought of his post match interviews? Mr personality obviously won't bring apathy back to Molineux will he, when we are 1-0 up early on o wait.....

Well he hasn't put my fears to bed yet, especially after that kind of interview... My biggest fear as it has been since he was appointed is the apathy setting back into Molineux.

Is as stubborn as Jackett but has only been here a few weeks, what all my Villa mates warned me about but I thought it would take him a bit of time to work out what's what. Isn't doing himself any favours, how many fans had Saville starting last night?

Need to support him but don't think he'll last long I don't think he'll like the pressure.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was hoping our mid week form would pick up but no.Its never as easy as placing all the blame on one person or judging a club on one game.But 1 win in 12 says it all.
The club has to be united in purpose and think the talk of bringing some more know how in the team is ok if the players have some quality.
What ive seen is a set of players who cannot do the basics at times and 'panic' when there in possession thats what i want a coach to change which will take time i know.
Why can't we bring in some more experience in our coaching set up? Its always up and coming we should be more ambitious in this side and im sure we would improve steadily over time.

D

Deleted member 4008

I don't blame Lambert for the players he has at his disposal . As the players before be signed any this season were below average. All we did is add more dross to it.

My concern is we seem to have a lack of ideas of how to clear the decks. Surely Thelwell should be saying to Jeff Shi these players were average last season and we need to get rid of them . Also he should be confident in saying these new lads are just as ****. Then he should draw up an 11 the best players in this league . Then draw up a list of players that are playing well at teams that we might be able to sign players off. Then do an 11 of young players from the prem that could be available to sign on loan . Get the teams he has drawn up and sign the realistic players. If he can't do that then why is he here ????

D

Deleted member 3545

Cant polish a turd. You can only work with with what you got and what he has is a very poor Wolves squad. Out of all the summer signings looks like two are any good Costa and possibly Cav

S

ShropshireLad

Absolutely not true. Nobody i the world could blend with these neanderthal footballers.

Complete clearout needed please Fosun - of the old guard.
Knee-jerk reactions amongst football fans when their teams are struggling are commonplace.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we need a stronger defence yes?? A better midfield also and yet we have an attacking trio of dicko, Cav and costa that couldn't penetrate an awful Cardiff defence either so do we just require a whole new first team?????........:eek:

Back
Top Bottom