Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lage OUT

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him till Christmas and we might see a different team
We can’t give him until xmas. If we do, we’ll be in a proper relegation scrap.

What are you seeing from the last 14 games that suggests he is capable of putting us anywhere other than a relegation battle?

He’s been given the players to do better. Even with mo recognised no.9 this squad should do more. It is littered with international calibre players and currently I would much, much rather go shopping to Ikea than watch us play. It is literally excruciating.

He has to go ASAP.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that would be nice to see how good these top class managers actually are when they don't have the best players for every position
When Lage had the best players for every position and had had time to work with them he equalled Benfica's worst ever run of results, set a new record he owns outright of no home wins in five and got the sack

He'll disappear into obscurity when we finally relieve him of his duties

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet if Nunes chance goes in rather than hit the bar then Bournemouth have to come out and play rather than time waste from 60 mins onwards and we win the match 3-0 it's all fine margins

It is. Which is how we scraped a 1-0 against Southampton. 9 times out of ten, Adams scores that header into an empty net. Just one example. Over the past year, those fine margins have all balanced out. Some we benefitted from, some we lost out to. But still, overall, it's all even and the conclusion is that we are that we are in relegation form since January. We can't create chances. We can't score and we are the dullest team in the league to watch. That is not fine margins!

<EDIT> And our woodwork has been rattled an awful lot this season! Fine margins, indeed. Fulham missed penalty..etc.

superwolves

Reaction score
No, because Bournemouth have improved for some reason. Oh yes, they sacked their manager :) Also, Newcastle are going through a similar problem to us. They are trying to transition from a counter-attacking side, to a more dominant style. And it isn't working all that well, similar to us. Though they've only had a few weeks of it. We've had since the start of last season and are getting worse. Can well see Howe being moved on at Newcastle for similar reasons to Lage with us. OK as somebody to tread water. But not good enough to manage 100 millions of pounds worth of talent.
Maybe Newcastle couldn't get anyone better than Howe at the time

floydstreet

Reaction score
I suspect this will end soon

Honestly don’t think we’ll be able to conclude whether it would have worked. He never got a striker, didn’t have time with his new players to gel. But suspect he won’t be given this time because the signs aren’t positive.

Might be wrong, but if he does stay and continue post the window, I think that is a sign that the players are with him and therefore we need to be as well. If they weren’t, they’d pull the trigger now (which they may still well do ofc).

superwolves

Reaction score
'Might' being the operative word there. Based on what we've seen in the 16 months he's been in charge, I'm more included to think we 'might not'.
Will we get the chance to find out we'll have to see what the powers that be decide. Makes no difference whatsoever what anyone thinks on here

superwolves

Reaction score
You realise nobody is slating the team?

It's the manager. Or do you think you're right in throwing players under the bus like you did with Hoever.
On this thread maybe. Didn’t Hwang come on to some boos last week. He's bound to perform great under those circumstances

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly and people have to accept that maybe we need to play defensively to get those results with the goal scorers we have available in our squad
Ironic that it was ok for people to slate Nuno for doing that with a far weaker squad though....

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the rumours of Fosun wanting to get rid in the summer are true, then most likely explanation for **** form could be that the players don't have certainty over who the boss is going to be long term. Bruno is already a dead man walking so very difficult for him to motivate them.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Down to 7-1 from 10-1 this morning with Skybet so money is going on.

floydstreet

Reaction score
One thing that is apparent
Whoever is manager
There’s not many goals in this team

Look at all the players and their records with wolves or previous. Lack of goals throughout

Need recruitment to solve this, we seem to buy wide forwards with a max of 5 goals a season in them. That won’t change overnight sadly

superwolves

Reaction score
Ironic that it was ok for people to slate Nuno for doing that with a far weaker squad though....
I know shameful as it was even Nuno got slated for the great things he ach
If the rumours of Fosun wanting to get rid in the summer are true, then most likely explanation for **** form could be that the players don't have certainty over who the boss is going to be long term. Bruno is already a dead man walking so very difficult for him to motivate them.
Players shouldn't need motivating though regardless of who the manager is they are on fortunes every week as mick would say get out there and put your shift in foremost then the quality should come through after that. Anyone who isn't doing that if that's the case can't pin that on the manager

superwolves

Reaction score
Whoever is manager

Look at all the players and their records with wolves or previous. Lack of goals throughout

Need recruitment to solve this, we seem to buy wide forwards with a max of 5 goals a season in them. That won’t change overnight sadly
Can try as many new managers as they like they won't solve that only slightly with a detriment to the defensive shape then we will be in trouble if we start shipping in goals against

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever is manager

True.
In fairness to the club you’d of thought buying Guedes and having Neto back from injury would have helped more than it has so far.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Lage had the best players for every position and had had time to work with them he equalled Benfica's worst ever run of results, set a new record he owns outright of no home wins in five and got the sack

He'll disappear into obscurity when we finally relieve him of his duties

Lage has the look of a man working in some bureaucratic government department in Portugal, instead of a football manager.

Maybe the Portuguese equivalent of HMRC.

floydstreet

Reaction score
True.
In fairness to the club you’d of thought buying Guedes and having Neto back from injury would have helped more than it has so far.
It would and should
Yes neto being played on the right and having most of his chances with his weaker foot
Easy to solve that one

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whoever is manager

Leeds haven't either, Bamford has hardly played, but they've scored three times as many goals as us. Not creating enough opportunities is the main problem.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Leeds haven't either, Bamford has hardly played, but they've scored three times as many goals as us. Not creating enough opportunities is the main problem.
True

But we are missing chances that are created neto Guedes podence Nunes all missing chances
None of which have strong goal scoring records

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lage has the look of a man working in some bureaucratic government department in Portugal, instead of a football manager.

Maybe the Portuguese equivalent of HMRC.

It is quite usual for the team to reflect the personality and attitude of its supervisor - whatever the job is. I've been working for almost 20 years in IT and it is amazing how often this effect applies.

Bruno is dull and uninspiring and so is his team.

This group of players could play amazing stuff and challenge for Europe under a different manager, I am sure of it.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding in game management.

Points recovered from losing positions (PL)

18/19 3rd (14 points, one behind 1st placed Liverpool)
19/20 1st (21 points, two points ahead of Liverpool with 19 points)
20/21 5th (16 points)

21/22 17th (5 points)
22/23 =20th (0 points)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 sources have said there's a genuine chance he's going this week. (@stever is one on here)
Update: Going is perhaps too strong a term - it was my own reading of the situation. Board considering options though, to use business speak. Some interesting alternatives (purportedly) being considered.

I give all managers a chance, but I really want a change here. I'm hoping...

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you told me 6 months ago that coady, dendoncker and saiss wouldn't be here come the start of the season i wouldn't believe you.
The know they have ******* up with the lack of premier league experience in the squad which is why craig dawson was wanted.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
I wish I'd kept quiet now and let you all get on with slagging off our team
I wish you’d kept quiet as well. Your boring the **** out of everyone, with your myopic, one track argument. …. 5 games blah blah, give him time blah blah, hasn’t had a CF blah blah,
The bloke is taking us down and there’s only you who can’t see it.
Give it a rest FFS

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Update: Going is perhaps too strong a term - it was my own reading of the situation. Board considering options though, to use business speak. Some interesting alternatives (purportedly) being considered.

So they're sounding out alternatives to get a plan in place before they sack him.

superwolves

Reaction score
I wish you’d kept quiet as well. Your boring the **** out of everyone, with your myopic, one track argument. …. 5 games blah blah, give him time blah blah, hasn’t had a CF blah blah,
Give it a rest FFS
I'm boring everyone on a Lage out thread because I'm going against the grain and sticking up for my team. Trust me if I thought he was taking us down then I would be concerned but I believe we will be mid table by Christmas

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our possession has improved alot this season we used to just give up possession and sit in two banks behind the ball letting the opposition have it and try and break fast on them if we got it
And ot worked!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm boring everyone on a Lage out thread because I'm going against the grain and sticking up for my team. Trust me if I thought he was taking us down then I would be concerned but I believe we will be mid table by Christmas
The implication of your first sentence is that anyone who thinks Lage is inadequate and should go is not a true supporter. That is utter arrogance on your part.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it a rest FFS
He's been nothing but respectful in the face of a lot of opposition. Be fair.

superwolves

Reaction score

Any board would constantly be assessing managers available to improve a team same as they would players available

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding in game management.

Points recovered from losing positions (PL)

18/19 3rd (14 points, one behind 1st placed Liverpool)
19/20 1st (21 points, two points ahead of Liverpool with 19 points)
20/21 5th (16 points)

21/22 17th (5 points)
22/23 =20th (0 points)

Important factors that influence recovering from losing are the managers ability to adapt and change during a game. And the players attitude and mentality. Of course there's a bit of luck, but they must be the main ones?

So there's two huge problems highlighted by the evidence.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If only the team showed such dogged determination as you have!

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Your team being the coaching staff as you wouldn't be as arrogant to say that Wolves is your team would you?

You might support us but saying we're all wrong and you're right would paint you as more arrogant than Hoddle.

Do you really want to be that person?

Back
Top Bottom