Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman keep or sell?

Would you keep or sell Max Kilman?

• Sell

Votes: 95 31.3%
  • Keep

Votes: 209 68.8%

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how? there. is. no. money. in. the. game.

This £80m Neto and £50m Kilman talk, it’s madness.
No money in January because clubs was worried about ffp

Of course there is money in the game what a ridiculous comment summer will be different

If we keep winning that’s good for Wolves

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No money in January because clubs was worried about ffp

Of course there is money in the game what a ridiculous comment summer will be different

If we keep winning that’s good for Wolves
who can spend?

Why was there a £700m difference from the previous January?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who can spend?

Why was there a £700m difference from the previous January?
Because clubs was worried about ffp after the Everton situation.

Chelsea can spend 200m before selling anyone

Arsenal City & Liverpool have plenty to spend

Why worry about other clubs?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because clubs was worried about ffp after the Everton situation.

Chelsea can spend 200m before selling anyone

Arsenal City & Liverpool have plenty to spend

Why worry about other clubs?
so why do you think all of a sudden that teams are going to go wild again?

I could be wrong, absolutely, but i just cannot see it.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a good game tonight in general, but by the same token, in the 96th minute he's left himself standing alone in the six-yard box behind every other Wolves player just ball watching and only seeing that their keeper who is playing onside is completely free behind him at the very last second.
Thankfully their keeper rather stumbled as the ball fell to him or it would have been extra-time.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was phenomenal tonight. Bueno top class as well. I do think GON is getting a more aggressive side out of him, but it’s the right type of controlled aggression, up your **** every time you get the ball.

He's doing well.

I was thinking tonight against Brentford a season or two ago he made a mistake and was bullied by Toney for a goal, since then I don't recall him been bullied by a player, he seems to be a lot more aggressive but controlled which may make him seem more psssive but id rather have someone like him than a defender like Romano (although very good) at spurs who always has an avoidable sending off in him.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a proven premier league quality defender and a good one at that.He knows and understands ths club inside out and provides stability for us in the ever changing environment that football creates.

I wouldn't sell unless a gigantic offer comes in and 40 million isn't 'gigantic' in this day and age.

I suspect that Kilman would be one of those players that is harder to replace than many fans realise and if he went on to a more successful club he would look a considerably better player than he does currently.
There used to be the same discussions about Saiss and Cody and when they left people realised their qualities.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought Kilman was excellent last night as were Santi and Toti, in fact the hole defensive side of our game was very good, even Doc did a decent job after the first 10 minutes.
Midfielders were also very good.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Kilman was excellent last night as were Santi and Toti, in fact the hole defensive side of our game was very good, even Doc did a decent job after the first 10 minutes.
I thought Doherty worked a treat last night.... Brighton kept looking for the switch over the top of the wingback , something that have caught us out with before....and Doherty won every header to stop it...

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Doherty worked a treat last night.... Brighton kept looking for the switch over the top of the wingback , something that have caught us out with before....and Doherty won every header to stop it...
Doc is very good in the air. I’ll get pelters for this but if we ever needed an emergency no 9 to hold the ball up top and win headers would give him a go.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do

Doc is very good in the air. I’ll get pelters for this but if we ever needed an emergency no 9 to hold the ball up top and win headers would give him a go.
I got pelters a few weeks ago for suggesting Lemina......looks like Gary listened to me as he has been the advanced midfielder in both games and scored in the box yesterday.....so it down to me wem in the quarter finals of the fa cup.....

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
im not so sure , there were several times where there was a brighton player left completely unmarked in the area, its not the first time either it seems to be happening a lot, not sure if its the way we mark but it seems to happen a lot.

i appreciate in the euphoria of finally beating brighton this has been overlooked.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I'd keep him 100%. Every player has a value where, if it is met, a club would have to consider selling, but I certainly don't think we should be looking to offload him at all from what I've seen.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d have sold him for the reported fees in the summer but he’s proving me wrong and has really grown in to the captains role.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs won't buy him because they went for Van de Ven instead, and it's unlikely they'd want two left footers. I think he'd fit Man City very well but they already have an abundance of quality centre halves.

Man United is probably the strongest shout of the lot. Varane is out of contract, they desperately want to get rid of Maguire, and Martinez can't stay healthy. Not that I'd want us to sell him, but the Maguire fee is the precedent in that scenario to justify wanting a substantial fee for Kilman.
I’m not sure what United paid for Maguire 5 years ago sets a precedent really. It didn’t at the time and I doubt it does now

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m happy to say Max has proved me wrong, he’s another that GON has progressed in my eyes. I’d still like him to be a bit more aggressive/dominant at times but he’s had a very good season on the whole.

One thing that frustrates me (and with the other CB’s) is with their size and with the ball delivery we have, they should all be more of a threat off set pieces.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watching the highlights again (I like pain), the thing that strikes me for Cov’s winning goal is how Kilman just remains stationary and puts his arms behind his back hoping to get a miraculous block from 5 yards away.

For gods sake run at the player, close him down and block the shot like your life depends on it. Don’t give him an inch of space and don’t put your arms behind your back to make yourself a sitting duck.

Dendonker did exactly the same thing vs Watford for their first goal in the semi, Deja vu.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it means we can keep all of Cunha, Gomes, RAN and Semedo (and now Neto) I'd sell to raise the funds Hobbs is talking about to re-invest along with Hwang. £50/55 mil for the pair?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say keep him if I’m honest. He’s attracting interest which shows he has been doing well surely. Captain material? Not for me but he’s a ball playing defender and for our play and the play of teams in general now I think he’s someone to continue with,

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure why him being captain gets so much criticism, it doesn’t matter who wears the arm band the outcome will be the same . If Lemina is captain today we still lose. Being skipper literally changes nothing.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Sell. He’s a 6’ 4 “” passive, mute, lightweight CH. 1st goal , if he stands still it’s offside 2nd goal he’s in no man’s land , 3rd goal , step to his left there’s no space to shoot , but no he turns sideways with his hands behind his back.

Back
Top Bottom