Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman keep or sell?

Would you keep or sell Max Kilman?

• Sell

Votes: 119 36.5%
  • Keep

Votes: 207 63.5%

• Total voters

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would keep him and play Mosquera and Toti either side of him next season with Dawson and Santi as back up which we’ll no doubt need. Again like others I’ve noticed a dip in his form since Dawson has been injured but thought last night he was a rolls Royce! Some amazing blocks and tackles and assured in possession too. The way he talks about the club and being captain I can’t see us selling unless a really silly offer comes in.
The line seems to be that we have to sell someone. Who would you rather sell - Kilman, RAN, Neto, Cunha, Gomes?

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
The line seems to be that we have to sell someone. Who would you rather sell - Kilman, RAN, Neto, Cunha, Gomes?
Kilman is the easiest to replace. Decent Attacking players with pace a lot more difficult to pick up with the money we have. I expect Neto to be the one gone but with his injury record cant see us getting mega money.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
If I’m brutally honest mate and if he could stay fit I would change my mind but I would probably go with Pedro. He’s very injury prone and think he is starting to get itchy feet here now…I love him when he’s on fire but if you look at how often we have had him firing on all cylinders over the last few seasons then as a loss to the first team he wouldn’t be that massive. Obviously I’d rather keep him but he would be my choice if an absolute must to sell one.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A few years ago I posted that many on this forum wouldn't know a good player if they saw one. After the comments on this thread about Max I stand by it.

He was superb last night, and has been excellent this season.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If I’m brutally honest mate and if he could stay fit I would change my mind but I would probably go with Pedro. He’s very injury prone and think he is starting to get itchy feet here now…I love him when he’s on fire but if you look at how often we have had him firing on all cylinders over the last few seasons then as a loss to the first team he wouldn’t be that massive. Obviously I’d rather keep him but he would be my choice if an absolute must to sell one.
I thought Kilman was excellent last night and if he can get close to that level I’d definitely say keep. As fantastic as Pedro is, we haven’t got the luxury of using him sparingly and a move for decent money to a club who can is probably best for both parties.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Neto, he's an amazing player but rarely fit. Get a good fee then reinvest on 3 players who can contribute throughout the season and also reduce the workload on others so we don't have this burnout again

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A tad Overrated and has an error or 2 a game in him
Raises his game against better sides. Same problem we had under mick. Against lower teams we drop our levels..Not just max

But he did well last night against Jesus who is small.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got sell in the summer and from a PSR point of view Kilman makes a lot of sense especially if it means we can hold onto RAN, Gomes and Cunha
No we don't, we have to sell if we want to bring a few in

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he was superb last night ...

I dunno why his name gets mentioned with leaving etc....i think Max will be here for quite a few years....it's pretty obvious the transfer budget, profits , deals out etc in the summer will all be Mendes Gestifute players....be surprised if we have any left in 12/18 months....I always said last summer was the start of the big exodus....

It won't be Kilman who leaves...no chance...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes he was superb last night ...

I dunno why his name gets mentioned with leaving etc....i think Max will be here for quite a few years....it's pretty obvious the transfer budget, profits , deals out etc in the summer will all be Mendes Gestifute players....be surprised if we have any left in 12/18 months....I always said last summer was the start of the big exodus....

It won't be Kilman who leaves...no chance...
Agree with this I don’t think he’s going anywhere

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely keep bar a £40m plus bid coming in. Just needs relief from captaincy imv as he hasn't got the personality needed for that role. Lemina for me would be a good option. Dawson winding down in his career means the loss of Kilman would be very serious barring having serious money to spend for two replacements. But that kind of money is really needed for two new strikers. So keep.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this I don’t think he’s going anywhere
Said in the summer...me mate works with Kilman girlfriend father....he asked him in the summer when all this Napoli stuff was cropping up....said he had no intention of leaving, was happy living in Telford etc.....obviously that not saying if a big club comes in for him he might change his mind....but as I say we will have 2/4 players who probably want to leave and will generate enough funds...it won't be as simple as who we choose to leave....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep playing like yesterday bids will come for him. Our stance will be tested on many players

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't sell anyone till the replacement and improvement is in place, pie in the sky I know, fully expecting a further squad downgrade this summer.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few years ago I posted that many on this forum wouldn't know a good player if they saw one. After the comments on this thread about Max I stand by it.

He was superb last night, and has been excellent this season.
It's like banging your head against a brick wall on here. Please see my post 281 above. No one is saying he isn't any good but if we have to get rid of someone to raise decent funds for me Kilman would be ahead of Cunha, RAN and Neto.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But formites are saying he is no good, when he clearly is good because he is a regular starter in a Premier League side.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticeably more commanding and more of a presence last night.

Even though it was mistimed, it was actually good to see his foul on Havertz. It showed a bit of aggression.

When he plays like that, he's excellent. Looks assured, confident and powerful. Needs to maintain that.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti scares the bejesus out of me sometimes but Kilman just brings meh - ands that’s not ok for the leader of the group. He’s an average defender but **** in the air and in physical 1:1 duels which is disappointing given his size/stature.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Kilman goes then we need to add 2 x CBs and one needs to be experienced, and one is Mosquera or equivalent.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost collided with Toti last night due to not calling for the ball and communication.

When we are managing games (see Cov, Man U, West Ham etc) we need a leader and experience.

That is not him. Not having a proper centre half like Dawson next to him exposes him somewhat.

A player for upgrading IMO.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Sarabia, Doyle, Toti, S and H Bueno, Kilman is a 5 or 6 out of 10 player for me. He needs to go before the likes of RAN, Neto or Gomes.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like banging your head against a brick wall on here. Please see my post 281 above. No one is saying he isn't any good but if we have to get rid of someone to raise decent funds for me Kilman would be ahead of Cunha, RAN and Neto.
if you sell kilman to raise funds, then do we need someone to replace him, a fair chink of the money would go on that so maybe not raise that much for other decent players. Selling RAN or Neto we may get a slight downgrade in player for their position, but then also have some funds for another player (and a bit) RAN and Neto would be bigger individual loses to the team.

Think when looking at who to keep and sell you need to look at the overall picture what funds we have without selling, where we are in terms of FFP for this year and how spending will affect the next few windows both in terms of years that will drop out of the 3 year average and what will probably be going on etc. Maybe selling a big name and getting in a few players weakens the first team a little but gives us a better overall squad and allows better options if when we get injuries or need to rest players.

I don't think Kilman sale is likely to raise enough funds compared to others (unless looking to sell and then hope Toti or others can step up and fill the role) to be the best option there. If along with other sales we have some cash to upgrade defence then selling to get in a better replacement makes a bit more sense.

When he's playing alongside Dawson he looks better, so other option is upgrade replace Dawson with another experienced CB to play alongside Max

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing who takes his place as scapegoat of the season if he does move on
So you’re defending his capability today? Woeful.
The lad isn’t a captain and is mediocre at best. Bullied constantly, and can’t control his back line.

If someone wants him for 30 million he can go. I’d even take 20, but he is English and left footed.

A one legged Dawson is far superior

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you’re defending his capability today? Woeful.
The lad isn’t a captain and is mediocre at best. Bullied constantly, and can’t control his back line.

If someone wants him for 30 million he can go. I’d even take 20, but he is English and left footed.

A one legged Dawson is far superior
He wasn’t great today but he’s absolutely nowhere near as bad as majority are making out. Imagine if he was injured too how much worse would we look.

Back
Top Bottom