Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kightly signs for Stoke

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Kites goes its like we are losing all our flair players. We must do all we can to keep him.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If one of jarvo or kites has to go then I'd happily see kites go everytime

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
£100,000,000 ?

Its the message we should give to the market Craddockinho.

Here are the typical things you hear:

1. "Not for sale at any price" means Not for sale but our mind might change if you offer Andy Caroll style silly money just don't count on it.

2. "Not for sale unless silly money is involved" means We will sell to the highest bidder.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope we can hold onto our better players like Albion and Newcastle did when they went down.
If we start losing Kites, Jarvis and Fletch I will start to worry about next season.

R

RichDavi

I bloody hope not. We're hardly broke are we!

Get a few people off the wage bill before increasing Kightly's (post relegation clause)

Penny pinching but our CEO is well versed in these things I guess

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF Wolves were to offer him a contract and he refuses it that would be a right kick in the nuts after we have supported him for the last 2-3 seasons of him being injured. The best option is to offer him a new contract with the clause written in that if we dont go up this season he would be allowed to leave for x amount, say 3-4 million.. That way he stays and if we get promoted, we're all happy. Kights gets to give us something back and if we have a bad season he would be allowed to move to the premiership if he wants to..

W

WasStefan

If one of jarvo or kites has to go then I'd happily see kites go everytime
have to disagree.

you can easily replace pace with pace, but it's much harder to replace an all-round player with another all-round player.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's currently in the final year of a contract that is bound to have a relegation clause in it.

Stoke will offer him more money than Wolves (even if we were in the PL) and they are a genuine PL club now where as we, sadly, are not.

He's 26, this will probably be the last massive contract he'll be signing and if Stoke can get him cheap and then offer him a huge wage because of it, he would be a fool to turn them down.

W

Woffles

"Sky Sports understands"
"and Wolves could be forced to cash-in now"
"boss Tony Pulis is thought to be a big admirer"
"and the Wolves man is thought to figure"

Well worryingly Sky seem pretty certain this will happen :D

C

Craddockinho

Its the message we should give to the market Craddockinho.

Here are the typical things you here:

1. "Not for sale at any price" means Not for sale but our mind might change if you offer Andy Caroll style silly money just don't count on it.

2. "Not for sale unless silly money is involved" means We will sell to the highest bidder.

Haha, I knew what you meant SanFran!

How much do we think he is worth realistically? With one year left on his contract?

£2m?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be good business for Moxey if he can sell him for £2 million!

S

Sandwell Wolf

Yet again, as with Fletcher and Jarvis, it's almost as if some Wolves fans actually want him to leave...

I honestly don't understand how some of you lots heads work. We should be doing everything we can to keep Kightly, not just simply letting him go to Stoke for peanuts.

I'm glad our chairman and CEO (for all their faults) have a bit more fight and ambition in keeping our top players than some of the jokers on here.

Anyway, Kightly will not leave Wolves, mark my words.

W

Woffles

Yet again, as with Fletcher and Jarvis, it's almost as if some Wolves fans actually want him to leave...

I honestly don't understand how some of you lots heads work

I think a grand total of one person has suggested we should let him leave.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I honestly don't understand how some of you lots heads work. We should be doing everything we can to keep Kightly, not just simply letting him go to Stoke for peanuts.

I'm glad our chairman and CEO (for all their faults) have a bit more fight and ambition in keeping our top players than some of the jokers on here.

Anyway, Kightly will not leave Wolves, mark my words.

What are you talking about? When there's no one to disagree with you just imagine an opposing view?

D

Deleted member 3573J

The contract should have been offered months ago at the latest, he's been over his knee trouble for 18 months, so he's proved his fitness over a decent period of time. Plus I get the impression he wants to stay, I think it was the end of the season before last when he got the 12 month extension that he talked about how grateful he was that we stuck by him and basically he owes us.

If no contract offer comes soon then I wouldn't blame him for considering a move, as ICH says this could be his last big contract, if he gets offered big money and a 4 year contract and doesn't get offered anything here he'd be a fool not to move.

C

Craddockinho

I don't want him to leave, i'm just curious to what people think his value is, after all, apart from Messi everyones got their value right?

C

Craddockinho

A lot of fans on here are pretty sensitive when it comes to the buying and selling of players.

It's the game. We got relegated. Tough decisions were always going to have to be made. Our better players were always going to attract the attention of better clubs.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ice Cream Head's post is hardly saying he thinks we should keep him is it.

I can guarantee you that the majority of Wolves fans (probably included Ice Cream Head) wants us to keep Kightly. No reason to get upset ;).

W

Woffles

Ice Cream Head's post is hardly saying he thinks we should keep him is it.

No - ICH's post is saying what may happen given Kite's contractual status and the relative position of us and Stoke.

So that's still just the one person who has posted that thinks letting him go may be a good idea.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of you pant wetting pussies on here need to grip otherwise you are in for a very, very long summer.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My pants are still drying out after the Clippy Connor fiasco ... But I'm sure they've learned from that experience and I'm certain there's no way on earth they'll let Kites leave - or Fletch or Jarvo unless the offers are SEB size ...

Nice dry pants and staying that way ...

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing on the Sentinel website, chances are its a twitter/forum rumour that's escalated. Having said that if he does choose to go I'll be disappointed, I think he owes us at least until January after missing so many games through injury.

D

Deleted member 3545

What did you lot expect premiership teams wouldnt come picking over the bones of relegated wolves.

We dont know why Kightly hasnt got a new contract could be one of two things the club havnt offered one or kightly is looking to see what other offers may come in first.

Like ive mentioned on another thread Wolves have until January to offer him a contract then he can talk to other clubs.

This is the fall out of relegation clubs will come sniffing around Wolves better players, and some players will look for a move after a cut in wages.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slow news day......just trying to stir up some rumours. Can't see him wanting to go anyway. He can be so much more if he stays here.

Yeah he can be a championship winger rather than a premier league winger.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So this is a rumour with no quotes and lots of guesswork. This could be an E&S story!
I would be annoyed and upset at Kites going. It would be a far bigger blow than Guedioura or DDV.
It does seem some fans are hoping we lose players like him though for some reason. Most threads have scattered comments like 'when Fletch goes to Sunderland" or "Jarvis won't be here" as if they are certainties rather than opinions.
I hope this is firmly in the load of $$$$$$$$ camp as well!

D

Dewsburywolf

The quality of SkyS's 'understanding' has gone to pot of late...it's all 'eyeing' and 'preparing'...

Has the phone tapping scandal affected the quality?.....has it all become contrived guesswork to fill space?

Just as long as Kites doesn't

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to ask yourself the question as to why he is yet to sign.

Kightly, now he is fit, is a very important player to us and we must do everything we can to keep him here, along with Jarvis, Fletcher, O'Hara, Doyle.. etc. However, if he is refusing a contract and thus doesn't want to be here - don't let the door hit you on the way out Kights. Next season above all we require players who want to genuinely 100% be at the club, not reluctantly remain here which I am beginning to get a few feelings of from the noises being made.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I don't think the Club can be blamed for not having sorted the contract situation as up until February of this year, there looked a very decent chance that he wasn't going to fully recover from his injury problems. However, now that he has proved his fitness and is almost fully-firing again, I would hope that we are doing everything possible to get him tied down.

Kightly will be a huge asset in the Championship next year and I'd even consider offering him the Vice-Captaincy.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't Stale quoted early in his period in charge as saying that players in the last year of their contract could move. At the time it generated considerable debate as to why we would/could leave Kites go. I would have to say that personally I would be saddened and disappointed with Kites being sold (I would have been upset with the sale of Gued also), but new managers have new ideas and many on here have stressed the differences between the old regime and the new regime. Kites was very much a Mick signing (his very first if I'm not mistaken). I hope that the report is just idle speculation on a bad news day but while no player is indispensible Kites is as close as we've got to such a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

blaenboy

Reaction score
Kightly will be a huge asset in the Championship next year and I'd even consider offering him the Vice-Captaincy.

I am sure Kightly will be thrilled by you considering him for this great honour!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many games in a row did he play last season?

Yes he's had his injury problems and overcame them.

I don't know but over the last 2/3 years he's not played a lot, dropped miles behind jarvo in terms of development hence the England call for him and the national recognition he's received. I'd rather have jarvo

M

MonkeySpanner

I thought he showed he is Prem material last season and it will be a shame to loose him.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I think he has been Premiership material throughout his period at Wolves, MonkeySpanner.

Back
Top Bottom