Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Juventus shortlist Nuno?

Arthur

Reaction score
I was referring to Spurs not Juventus. Fosun are not here long term to languish behind Spurs.

So why should Nuno leave Wolves for Spurs?

Hence my first reply mate

We are miles away Spurs for now.

May not be in a few years time which I strongly hope, but for the time being we are.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely if he's poached that means we've failed to achieve our objectives? He hasn't done enough to attract the big teams yet and when he has we'll be one of them.
As much as he's a great fit here, I still think he's a little one-dimensional for the biggest clubs.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

May not be in a few years time which I strongly hope, but for the time being we are.
Only a few meters mate, you'll see, next year we'll be right up their arses, sticking in a bid for Harry.:D

Y

Yout85

We finished 14 points behind Spurs, who finished 27 points behind Man City. Yet you claim that we are "miles away from Spurs".... who will be... "challenging for the title next year".

Can't have it both ways....

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And my point is, Spurs spent zero, nada,, nothing, zilch last two transfer windows whereas Fosun are minted.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
I agree.If the old lady comes knocking,I expect Nuno to leave.
I would be very pleasantly surprised otherwise.
Juve is going big in the transfer market and the aim is set for another CL title.
Why would Nuno turn his back to something like that?
Why would a man who's two previous jobs were at champions league clubs come to manage a championship club? Some people still don't understand the project. He believes in it and his ability to achieve success.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would a man who's two previous jobs were at champions league clubs come to manage a championship club? Some people still don't understand the project. He believes in it and his ability to achieve success.

You're banging your head against a brick wall fella. Some people just can't rid themselves of this inferiority complex and fully embrace the change that is happening despite all the signs to the contrary!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as he's a great fit here, I still think he's a little one-dimensional for the biggest clubs.
I think that's a hard-headed and fair verdict on his time here so far. But Nuno is learning through experience, and what I am looking for in the next season or two is more flexibility in how he sets up, and how he manages games against limited opponents. He will be more aware than anyone that we were far too easily frustrated by poor teams parking the bus last season. He will know that if we had got a better points haul from the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff, Burnley (away), Palace (home), etc we would have overtaken Man U. That's one problem that needs a serious rethink: IMO a much more attacking style of play with more bodies getting forward into the opposition box is needed against such limited and negative teams. Poor use of subs is another issue which has surfaced several times this season (notably in the Cup Semi, which in my opinion cost us the match). Nuno has done a very good job so far, no doubt about it. Whether he can go to the next level, and with a bigger squad, will be a fascinating watch.

E

E is for idiot.

I think that's a hard-headed and fair verdict on his time here so far. But Nuno is learning through experience, and what I am looking for in the next season or two is more flexibility in how he sets up, and how he manages games against limited opponents. He will be more aware than anyone that we were far too easily frustrated by poor teams parking the bus last season. He will know that if we had got a better points haul from the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff, Burnley (away), Palace (home), etc we would have overtaken Man U. That's one problem that needs a serious rethink: IMO a much more attacking style of play with more bodies getting forward into the opposition box is needed against such limited and negative teams. Poor use of subs is another issue which has surfaced several times this season (notably in the Cup Semi, which in my opinion cost us the match). Nuno has done a very good job so far, no doubt about it. Whether he can go to the next level, and with a bigger squad, will be a fascinating watch.

I still think poor use of subs is unfair for the cup semifinal. The players he brought off needed to come off. They were blowing out of their ****. It was the quality of the bench that let us down, not the fact that Nuno made subs.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On the subs in the semi final.....we were watching it in the pub, and most thought AT THE TIME, it was a disastrous decision. Neves was the cover for the defence, and Jota was the outball, which would have allowed for holding onto possession better. Those two were also almost certainly amongst the penalty takers if it had gone to that.

Most of Nuno's flaws can be traced fairly directly to his cautious, risk-averse approach, with the emphasis on defence and competitiveness. Its mostly a brilliant formula, very well-organised, coached and executed. The problem arises when it is not sufficient and requires modification, as in the last infuriating minutes to the semi-final, as in those wasted games against the weaker sides. Evidence suggests that Nuno learns quickly from his mistakes, and we can hope that continues. But it is important to acknowledge that he is not yet the final version.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Im hoping this doesnt happen for a long time as Im struggling to think of a manager in the current crop that I would happily take or would be happy to come to Wolves.

I was thinking about this recently. Benitez fits the bill for me

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
I still think poor use of subs is unfair for the cup semifinal. The players he brought off needed to come off. They were blowing out of their ****. It was the quality of the bench that let us down, not the fact that Nuno made subs.
Agreed, Cav's 'step over' when he should've shot still annoys me now..!!!

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's hardly the future though is he.

I was thinking next level more than anything

If he was backed at Liverpool the way we expect Nuno to be backed here (eg Rafa had to sign Pennant instead of Dani Alves for the sake of saving a few million) they'd have won a few titles by now

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well said BSK - I agree with you entirely! :):)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course Nuno would leave to Juventus but I can't see them wanting him.

Nuno strikes me as an honourable man and Fosun has put a lot of trust in him. He wouldn’t let them down nor the club, to say nothing of the fans, even if Juventus made him an offer.
Fosun and the club have made decisions based on Nuno’s word. Regardless of his contract,Nuno understands principal.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno strikes me as an honourable man and Fosun has put a lot of trust in him. He wouldn’t let them down nor the club, to say nothing of the fans, even if Juventus made him an offer.
Fosun and the club have made decisions based on Nuno’s word. Regardless of his contract,Nuno understands principal.

Money and big stage is the main though in professional sports Vancouver.
That´s why the brother Sedins played for the Canucks all those years instead of MODO here back in Sweden.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money and big stage is the main though in professional sports Vancouver.
That´s why the brother Sedins played for the Canucks all those years instead of MODO here back in Sweden.
Ok I hear you but I do believe that neither money or the big stage would cause Nuno to walk away....would you?
And the Sedins stayed because they love Vancouver even though they could have done better financially.

Last edited:

portugaletc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most of Nuno's flaws can be traced fairly directly to his cautious, risk-averse approach, with the emphasis on defence and competitiveness. Its mostly a brilliant formula, very well-organised, coached and executed. The problem arises when it is not sufficient and requires modification, as in the last infuriating minutes to the semi-final, as in those wasted games against the weaker sides. Evidence suggests that Nuno learns quickly from his mistakes, and we can hope that continues. But it is important to acknowledge that he is not yet the final version.
I couldn't agree more, this is what I have been saying about Nuno for a long time.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Strong rumours here in Italy that Juve are trying to temp Guardiola with an offer of € 24 million (!) a year...

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These Pep rumours gathering pace. Would be astonished if he left City now, without having won the CL, but maybe there really is some heavy stuff going on behind the scenes.

Whatever, provided it ain't Nuno.

Back
Top Bottom