Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Juventus shortlist Nuno?

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe. But am also a realist
City weren’t great straight away but don’t remember anyone poaching their staff , Fosun think big and if you look at nunos career he’s done well at Rio ave and us while struggling at Porto and Valencia !! He’s been allowed to build the club at the former two but you don’t get much time at clubs like the latter , I can’t see him leaving for what could be a quick fix then him having to start again somewhere !!

S

ShropshireLad

I get the sense that Nuno has really bonded with Wolves the club and also with Wolverhampton. He is not using Wolves as a stepping stone.
He’s relishing being here and the opportunity that Fosun have given him. As much as we love him, he still has to achieve something to make the big boys want him.
I doubt Nuno is going anywhere for a while.
He's got Wolves into the Europa League and will want to prove himself against that level of oppo with us. If he does well at that level and we do well enough in the Prem then we can expect there to be serious interest in him and a possible interest in him moving on.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tbh it’s nice that we’ve finally got a decent manager that other clubs want. Juventus are one of the biggest clubs in Europe and I would expect them to appoint a Manager who has won a title or two in one of the top Leagues. Also, next season a mid table finish wouldn’t be a disaster with the extra games in Europe.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't discount either that Fosun will be looking to replace Nuno (if necessary) at some point in this ten year plan. It's not all one way traffic.

They do not do sentimentality. They are a machine.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Juve come calling of course he’s off!

I’m hoping they’ll want a slightly more established name than him currently.

dmcmaho3

Reaction score
Personally, I can't see Nuno going anywhere in the foreseeable future. He has been sold, and bought into the"project", which he is progressing ahead of schedule, has multi billion corporate backing and the chance to claim fame as the man who took a run of the mill, mid table championship team to the highest echelons of the premier League and Europe. Imagine his stock as a manager after such an achievement. By the same token, although he was a nominee for manager of the year this season, I believe he is not yet so established as to attract the attention of the most elite clubs at this moment and the other top 6 chasing clubs in the prem don't really offer more than he could achieve here if we continue to progress at the current rate. So, yeah, he could be tempted by an absolute top club but I don't see that offer coming this season. Another 7th or higher next season coupled with decent cup games and a run in the EL it might start to look more likely that the big boys will come calling

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that Nuno will be the next manager at Juventus if Dean Saunders turns them down...
Good to see him allow a superior manager the chance to take it. Sir Dr Nuno really is class

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh, by the time hes proved himself to the big boys, and this last years progress continues, we'll be able to **** off, because we'll be a big boy.

Out of interest, have we ever had a manager poached?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All of Juventus current strategy is based on winning a champions league and winning it now.

Ronaldo does not have time on his side and they are desperate to use that available time to win now, hence being willing to get rid of Dybala despite him being a star now and in the future in order to put players around that can fit Ronaldo and his style.

Nuno would not be able to implement his style of play at Juventus or have full control. I am in now doubt if he continues to improve as he has done then he will either take us to the elite level or join an elite level club. It won't be now though.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have designs to be better than Spurs so would make no sense to go there.

D

Deleted member 4152

Tbh, by the time hes proved himself to the big boys, and this last years progress continues, we'll be able to **** off, because we'll be a big boy.

Out of interest, have we ever had a manager poached?
This has been done before but.

I do believe zenga was pickled quite often in the crown (before he got barred)

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would upset me more IF/When Nuno leaves, the entire backroom staff would following:
These guys are worth the weight in gold (just look at the current injury record since he has been here) - The training, Physio and Sport Science department must be top notch for this to happen.

D

Deleted member 4023

Nuno had a dream - that dream continues. He's building something special at Wolves

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is this the longest Nuno has stayed at 1 club as a manager? He's set himself up with everything positive, fans and chairman backing him...he goes to a club like Juve and he could get hounded out after 6 months if they're not top!

Well he must now be one of the longest serving Wolves managers for a long while LOL. well it seems that way,

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He turned down everton because he 'wants to take us into Europe'. his words

Chill people
Did you just compare some two bob Prem side to a top 10 global super-club?

Bit of perspective required for some on here, I don’t think Nuno will leave but the idea that the project we are on is comparable to Juve is silly. They literally have Ronaldo.

D

Deleted member 4152

Did you just compare some two bob Prem side to a top 10 global super-club?

Bit of perspective required for some on here, I don’t think Nuno will leave but the idea that the project we are on is comparable to Juve is silly. They literally have Ronaldo.

Make of it what you will. They were his words not mine

He has an unfinished project here.

D

Deleted member 3751

I think he needs another successful season or two to be a realistic target for one of the true Euro big guns like Juventus, he could certainly attract the likes of Spurs though. Question would be how attractive would a job like that be to him - and hopefully we don't have to find that out yet

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't discount either that Fosun will be looking to replace Nuno (if necessary) at some point in this ten year plan. It's not all one way traffic.

They do not do sentimentality. They are a machine.
I've wondered myself about if and when Fosun decide that Nuno has taken us as far as he can.
One thing, the Mick situation won't be allowed to happen.

madwolf

Reaction score
I've wondered myself about if and when Fosun decide that Nuno has taken us as far as he can.
One thing, the Mick situation won't be allowed to happen.

Im hoping this doesnt happen for a long time as Im struggling to think of a manager in the current crop that I would happily take or would be happy to come to Wolves.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has managed porto so he knows what comes with big club jobs. Given fosun’s ambition and cash i dont see him leaving unless next season is bad or he and fosun fall out. They can match salary easily and the pressure at juventus for example is higher and the fans would see him as just the next guy. Here he is a god. He wont be leaving soon. He could easily stay ten years if we do well. By then we might be poaching the up and coming spurs manager or juventus manager.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Wolves fans are still uneasy with the clubs new direction and aspirations. They are out of their comfort zone of the following a mediocre midtable Championship side and won't be happy until we sell our players "that are too good for us" or have our manager "who is too good for us" leave for a "bigger club". I recognise the same posters who have been behaving like this since Fosun took over. Perhaps, only when we have nothing to lose can they let go of their anxieties and relax?

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Is there an actual link anywhere to this non-story?? This short-listing BS with any club that is anything is going to do our heads in over the coming weeks for sure. :(

Nuno is on a mission with us and isn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon.

modenawolf

Reaction score
If Juve have a genuine interest in Nuno, there's no way he could turn them down. As much as I hate them, they're a well-run club and one of the biggest teams in Europe.

However, they're so dominant in Italy I think they'll be looking for a manager to come in and challenge for the Champions League; despite his previous experience, I don't think Nuno is quite at that level yet.

I'd be more concerned if Simeone left Atletico...

In the meantime, let's just hope this is Guillem Balague speculating (or Mendes trying to get his first client a pay rise).

E

E is for idiot.

You'd begrudge him?

Not at all. It wasn't meant in a disparaging tone. More that, I'm not worried about him being linked as this is how Mendes has operated with us thus far. A link appears then a short while later a new contract happens.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Wolves fans are still uneasy with the clubs new direction and aspirations. They are out of their comfort zone of the following a mediocre midtable Championship side and won't be happy until we sell our players "that are too good for us" or have our manager "who is too good for us" leave for a "bigger club". I recognise the same posters who have been behaving like this since Fosun took over. Perhaps, only when we have nothing to lose can they let go of their anxieties and relax?

Precisely. There has been nothing so far in 3 years of ownership that indicates people associated with the club aren't anything other than fully on board with what Fosun are trying to achieve. I truly believe the key people in this, players and coaches, will be with us until the project is complete which I believe will be within 3-4 years. Neves and Jota for starters will only be mid twenties. This will be their primes years if they feel they then want to join a "glamorous" team. Some will call me deluded and claim they are realists. They need to rid themselves of the shackles of paranoia, doubt and negativity that has riddled this club for 40 years and embrace the new positive, golden era of this famous football club.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope all the staff stay for 10 years. That includes nuno

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all. It wasn't meant in a disparaging tone. More that, I'm not worried about him being linked as this is how Mendes has operated with us thus far. A link appears then a short while later a new contract happens.

Precisely.

‘Nuno offered Everton job’.

‘Nuno offered new 3 year deal on improved terms’.

‘Liverpool and City interest in Neves’

‘Neves signs new 5 year deal’.

‘Wolves’ Matt Doherty attracting interest’

‘Flying wing-back signs bumper new deal’.

It’s unlikely any of them want to leave, and you don’t begrudge any of them a bump since they’re all performing.
But it’s hard not to give them a rise when there’s alleged interest at triple the pay.
Get round the table, narrow the gap a bit, no-one has a right to feel aggrieved then, or start entertaining possibilities and what-ifs.

E

E is for idiot.

Precisely.

‘Nuno offered Everton job’.

‘Nuno offered new 3 year deal on improved terms’.

‘Liverpool and City interest in Neves’

‘Neves signs new 5 year deal’.

‘Wolves’ Matt Doherty attracting interest’

‘Flying wing-back signs bumper new deal’.

It’s unlikely any of them want to leave, and you don’t begrudge any of them a bump since they’re all performing.
But it’s hard not to give them a rise when there’s alleged interest at triple the pay.
Get round the table, narrow the gap a bit, no-one has a right to feel aggrieved then, or start entertaining possibilities and what-ifs.

Coady as well. It will probably happen to Jota this close season too. I don't think we will cash in on assets in order to buy new players just yet, next season might see some "first team" players leaving to allow us a bit more breathing room. So any links this season will probably just be new contract links.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there an actual link anywhere to this non-story?? This short-listing BS with any club that is anything is going to do our heads in over the coming weeks for sure. :(

Nuno is on a mission with us and isn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon.
All I've seen is Spanish journalist Guillem Balague suggesting Nuno Santo should be considered for the Juventus job. He didn't even say there was a link, contact or anything. I think this thread has come about from prettty much nothing.

Arthur

Reaction score
Explain this one to me??

Of course we are on par with a team in the champions League final and that will be aiming for the premier League title next season

Of course no one would leave wolves for Juventus

I really hope all of this is going to leave up to expectations cos if it backfires I can see rival fans taking the **** out of us like never before especially considering how some wolves fans are behaving like gyppos that have just won the lottery all over social medias

Let's stay humble and enjoy all of this while it lasts

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Juve have a genuine interest in Nuno, there's no way he could turn them down. As much as I hate them, they're a well-run club and one of the biggest teams in Europe.

However, they're so dominant in Italy I think they'll be looking for a manager to come in and challenge for the Champions League; despite his previous experience, I don't think Nuno is quite at that level yet.

I'd be more concerned if Simeone left Atletico...

In the meantime, let's just hope this is Guillem Balague speculating (or Mendes trying to get his first client a pay rise).

I agree.If the old lady comes knocking,I expect Nuno to leave.
I would be very pleasantly surprised otherwise.
Juve is going big in the transfer market and the aim is set for another CL title.
Why would Nuno turn his back to something like that?

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we are on par with a team in the champions League final and that will be aiming for the premier League title next season

Of course no one would leave wolves for Juventus

I really hope all of this is going to leave up to expectations cos if it backfires I can see rival fans taking the **** out of us like never before especially considering how some wolves fans are behaving like gyppos that have just won the lottery all over social medias

Let's stay humble and enjoy all of this while it lasts
I was referring to Spurs not Juventus. Fosun are not here long term to languish behind Spurs.

So why should Nuno leave Wolves for Spurs?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I've seen is Spanish journalist Guillem Balague suggesting Nuno Santo should be considered for the Juventus job. He didn't even say there was a link, contact or anything. I think this thread has come about from prettty much nothing.
Well there are many, many threads started on the Mix that come from nothing and are maybe a waste of time.
It’s what we do.

Back
Top Bottom