Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JR Bellegarde

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he bottled challenges a couple of times and we did him and Hwang no favours by belting the ball long as they couldn't win any headers against the Brighton Centre Halves. Bellgarde definitely has talent, perhaps he just needs to settle.

bully306

Reaction score
Funny. I thought he was really poor and the ball kept stopping with him. I missed his assist as I'd just walked in!
Missed the goal too as the flipping multi story was full.

Thought Bellegarde was terrible tonight.

Have seen the highlights and fair enough he did beat his man for the goal but apart from that of the 90 mins i saw he didnt get anything right. Hopeless at everything.

Lady luck was with us tonight though.

Would prefer to see what fraser can do now, JRB needs a break. Fraser offers more from what i can see.

2 games from the final though.. unbelievable, GON is a legend in the making.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He started really well, great assist and a few other good bits but after that really poor, gave the ball away a lot and when we were trying to break didn't seem to be able ro control the ball.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Have seen the highlights and fair enough he did beat his man for the goal but apart from that of the 90 mins i saw he didnt get anything right. Hopeless at everything.

Would prefer to see what fraser can do now, JRB needs a break. Fraser offers more from what i can see.

Bellegarde set Lemina up with an almost identical chance which he was unable to take. Far from "hopeless at everything".

Perhaps being played out of position in a new country might have something to do with him struggling a little.....

Fraser is absolutely nowhere near being a first team starter. He'd have been in Dunk's pocket....

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bellegarde set Lemina up with an almost identical chance which he was unable to take. Far from "hopeless at everything".

Perhaps being played out of position in a new country might have something to do with him struggling a little.....

Fraser is absolutely nowhere near being a first team starter. He'd have been in Dunk's pocket....
Mmmm
Fraser/Chan
Fraser is stronger and chan is quicker. Fraser is a natural 9 Chan is not. Dunk had an easy night defensively tonight as he could dominate chan and without Neto and Cunha Dunk didn’t have to worry. We were so much better with Neto and Sarabia on

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mmmm
Fraser/Chan
Fraser is stronger and chan is quicker. Fraser is a natural 9 Chan is not. Dunk had an easy night defensively tonight as he could dominate chan and without Neto and Cunha Dunk didn’t have to worry. We were so much better with Neto and Sarabia on
Hwang was nowhere near fully fit. The last thing that he needed was constant high balls but guess what he got....

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll give J-RB the benefit of the doubt.

First season in the Premier League, just like Sarabia was last season and he’s been great for us recently.

Give the guy a chance and be patient. He’s had starts, come off the bench and played in various positions and formations.

He’ll be ok imo.

bully306

Reaction score

Yeah he seems to lack confidence, and they probably are the reasons. Thats why i think he needs a break.

I worry 2 crosses in 76 minutes isnt going to be enough at Newcastle. BBC sport had him as the 12th best wolves player on the pitch. Kind of says it all!

I think Fraser gets in good positions and knows how to finish. We need a threat up front like that as we look toothless without Cunha and Hwang is clearly in a bad place.

About Hwang, noticed how only Bellegarde and Sa looked concerned at his injury. Everyone else seemed to roll their eyes and walk away when he collapsed. Something isnt right there. Seems a genuine injury and not a new one either, but all the other players didnt seem fussed. It was like here he goes again

bully306

Reaction score

First season in the Premier League, just like Sarabia was last season and he’s been great for us recently.

Give the guy a chance and be patient. He’s had starts, come off the bench and played in various positions and formations.

He’ll be ok imo.

Hope he does come good, looked great on his debut.

Sarabia a good example of settling, he is class though, such a clever player.

Reaction score

I think it’s a bit harsh. Not easy to do that job today, he’s also not a forward.

I do note there were a few potential overlaps which he should have played into but opted against the through ball. Other than that he put a shift in which is what GON would have asked of him. Can’t imagine Fraser doing the same pressing job

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’ll be ok imo.
This. He needs minutes and confidence and they come with time. Also, match fitness only comes from - matches, hence tailing off. As others have said, we need to be patient.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JRB's clearly got something as the first goal and an almost identical run and cross later in the game showed, however, that besides, he offered little. He wasn't the only one! As others have said, possibly needs this season to settle down and find his true role in the squad.
Unfortunately, with the injuries mounting-up, he'll be required more and more in the coming weeks and I just hope that he shows us what he's really about on a consistent basis, rather than the fleeting moments that we've seen, so far.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah he seems to lack confidence, and they probably are the reasons. Thats why i think he needs a break.

I worry 2 crosses in 76 minutes isnt going to be enough at Newcastle. BBC sport had him as the 12th best wolves player on the pitch. Kind of says it all!

I think Fraser gets in good positions and knows how to finish. We need a threat up front like that as we look toothless without Cunha and Hwang is clearly in a bad place.

About Hwang, noticed how only Bellegarde and Sa looked concerned at his injury. Everyone else seemed to roll their eyes and walk away when he collapsed. Something isnt right there. Seems a genuine injury and not a new one either, but all the other players didnt seem fussed. It was like here he goes again
Very worrying. Hwang hasn’t been right since the Asian Cup, imo. Given that he was injured in the warm up on Saturday and then played, I was surprised he started last night.

I don’t know who makes the decision nowadays but perhaps he told Gaz that he was fine (when he wasn’t) and the other players kind of knew it.

If the decision was made by Gaz, to play him when not 100%, then that’s a major worry because I thought those days had gone.

Either way, I find it difficult to believe anyone could think he was 100% fit and surely, you should only play players that are.

Last edited:

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
He reminds me in a way of Nunes…shows glimpses of touch and skill and seems his strength is picking the ball up deep and running with it but not sure if we have found his best position yet…. Ran his socks off last night but then ran out of steam and it showed. Brilliant first half an hour but then lost his way a bit. He has talent and hopefully in time will adapt it to this team and this league.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JRB did a few very good things, enough to show me he can be very effective, but he is still a fill-in for different positions. There is a good player in there, GON needs to play to his strengths. He is quick he can cross the ball and he has a shot on him. Build on it. Reminds me of the way people wrote off Semedo. Don't think they are doing it now.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JRB did a few very good things, enough to show me he can be very effective, but he is still a fill-in for different positions. There is a good player in there, GON needs to play to his strengths. He is quick he can cross the ball and he has a shot on him. Build on it. Reminds me of the way people wrote off Semedo. Don't think they are doing it now.

You wouldn’t want to rely on the Mix for fair assessment of any player.

There’s a very strong element of what I call the ‘instant gratification brigade’ on here who could have run Hwang, Semedo , Sarabia and O’Neill out of town if people were foolish enough to listen to them.

I like Bellegarde, who’s being asked to play different roles at the moment due to our small squad!!
Give him time, there’s definitely a player in there.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wouldn’t want to rely on the Mix for fair assessment of any player.

There’s a very strong element of what I call the ‘instant gratification brigade’ on here who could have run Hwang, Semedo , Sarabia and O’Neill out of town if people were foolish enough to listen to them.

I like Bellegarde, who’s being asked to play different roles at the moment due to our small squad!!
Give him time, there’s definitely a player in there.
Re your second para, not to mention Cunha!

JJ59

Reaction score
JRB frustrates me because there is a talented player in there but in some games he has been really uninvolved. Fingers crossed that GONs team get his confidence up.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll be better next season if we can find the right way to play him. As for hwang - no way has he been fit since he came back. He's back to rubbish hwang and it's got to be down to tiredness and/or hamstrings.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He'll be better next season if we can find the right way to play him. As for hwang - no way has he been fit since he came back. He's back to rubbish hwang and it's got to be down to tiredness and/or hamstrings.
Hwang was playing with major strappings on both thighs in the Asia Cup so think he’s not been fully fit for a long while.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very worrying. Hwang hasn’t been right since the Asian Cup, imo. Given that he was injured in the warm up on Saturday and then played, I was surprised he started last night.

I don’t know who makes the decision nowadays but perhaps he told Gaz that he was fine (when he wasn’t) and the other players kind of knew it.

If the decision was made by Gaz, to play him when not 100%, then that’s a major worry because I thought those days had gone.

Either way, I find it difficult to believe anyone could think he was 100% fit and surely, you should only play players that are.
I'm not sure if it's different now, but it used to be lots of players played when not 100%.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Liked that he attacked box for assist. Keeper deceived by deflection on cross. Will come good, but GON & team need to work on his first touch!

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Hwang did OK, always a willing runner, but he had little to no support when in the most forward position, more often than not having to pass it backwards.

I wish Bellegarde would grow another inch or two, so often just a toe poke away from the ball!

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feels very much like second full season he will improve with time, coaching, experience etc. Strong runner and shows a few nice touches, not sure why people give him so much grief.
Not helped him that hes been played all over the pitch in unnatural positions.
was signed as a potential player who would be on fringes of first team. Isnt this a prime example of the 'sell to buy conveyor' like Santi Bueno. When Dawson, Lemina or other move or sold on then Bellegarde is then ready with prem experience to step in. All makes sense to me.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah but to be fair, Semedo took 4 seasons to consistently come good!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's different now, but it used to be lots of players played when not 100%.

I think they still do - have heard players say that they are at 100% for only a few weeks of the season. That there's always some minor gripe once the season gets going. With Hwang, I think he's a player that needs to be at around 100%, anything less and his game drops off alarmingly.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he had a good first half last night. Faded out of it a bit in the second, but had put a pretty decent shift in tbf. There is talent there and he needs time. I think he'll turn out to be good. He's done more than Nunes managed and thats with being asked to play all over the shop and costing a quarter of his fee

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia - 26 full Spain caps and 9 full international goals - needed to settle.
Its probably unfair to compare the two.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JRB needs a full EPL pre-season to develop his stamina and he will then last 90 minutes. I love his close control and acceleration. He was good as a central ATM when he first arrived but has not impressed me as a wide player. I think Chiquino, Enso Gonzalez, Noah Lemina and JRB will be our key wide attackers next season if Neto goes.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Probably a bit of that with Hwang. Hard to tell whether he is injured after an initial challenge as he spends too much of the time on the ground holding his face most matches.

Back
Top Bottom