Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cost us last night but we have to be fair, we'd be nowhere near 8th if he hadn't been as good as he has

Contrada Lupa

Reaction score
Brilliant as he has been, I'd like to see a table of penalties conceded by goalies and penalty saves to see where he rates. He seems to have left his goal more cautiously in the last couple of games after the Newcastle pen. Also I'm not confident like I was with Rui that he's going to get near one or even save it. Rui had a purple patch when he seemed to save a few in a row in the Asia trophy, Man U and Man City H. I don't know what his career record is, maybe someone knows? Maybe the shaky defence is having an effect on him. Slow going down for yesterday's third?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant as he has been, I'd like to see a table of penalties conceded by goalies and penalty saves to see where he rates. He seems to have left his goal more cautiously in the last couple of games after the Newcastle pen. Also I'm not confident like I was with Rui that he's going to get near one or even save it. Rui had a purple patch when he seemed to save a few in a row in the Asia trophy, Man U and Man City H. I don't know what his career record is, maybe someone knows? Maybe the shaky defence is having an effect on him. Slow going down for yesterday's third?
Re the third l was in the NBU behind the goal. I suspect that he was unsighted.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m right behind the goal in the north bank upper and to be fair for the third goal he seemed to be a bit unsighted and so was a bit slow going down for it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations to this man on scooping both the supporters' player of the season and the players' player of the season awards. Thoroughly deserved

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been very good.

I expect he'll attract a lot of interest in the summer.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saved us 9 goals (obviously this is all subjective based on xG) but just look how far ahead he is of 2nd place.
I see there's only 15 teams listed here, but only 2 GK's have faced more shots.

I'd love to see the impact Sa stopping just 1.3 xG (like most listed here) would have had on our points total. Reckon we may have been bang in the ****.

EDIT: If we'd conceded 1 more xG across 7 key games, we'd have 14 fewer points. Sitting on 37 points and safe? by virtue of a better GD than Burnley.

Last edited:

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score

I'd love to see the impact Sa stopping just 1.3 xG (like most listed here) would have had on our points total. Reckon we may have been bang in the ****.

EDIT: If we'd conceded 1 more xG across 7 key games, we'd have 14 fewer points. Sitting on 37 points and safe? by virtue of a better GD than Burnley.
No worries, the defence is brilliant!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They have every goalkeeper so it'd be quite a long list! An image further down the tweet shows a few more keepers but doesn't show how many shots they've faced, Islan Meslier worst performing keeper, at -15.7

He deserved it but I did think it was quite telling that he got players' player of the season, they know how often he's bailed them out

We have to make sure we hang on to him in the summer (thankfully none of the Sky 6 seem to be in the market for a keeper at the moment), but he'd be another we could command a sizeable fee for

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His performances in the early part of the season were an anomaly clearly.

Can't see it being repeated next season and we will struggle more as a result as we have in the second half of this season.

Worrying.
My thoughts exactly
Cant lilt expect Sa to perforn to such a high standard next season which is going to us the wrong end of the table

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By far the best keeper in the league this year . Fortunately the pundits are clueless and think Allison is so he has gone under the radar

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know about the injury that keeping Sa out? Is it the same one from the Liverpool game?

Noticed him in the training videos and flying around, so I guess shouldnt be far away

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know about the injury that keeping Sa out? Is it the same one from the Liverpool game?

Noticed him in the training videos and flying around, so I guess shouldnt be far away

Maybe they just want to give the younger keepers a chance?

Back
Top Bottom