Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since September he's been the best keeper in the league, I doubt he'll get the recognition he deserves (team of the season) but he's been the best. His take underneath his own bar yesterday - while being fouled - before bulldozing Toney over was sensational

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Sa is a tremendous keeper - if someone has a clip of that take under his own bar I'd love to see it again - but we have to accept there's a good chance of him getting a red card at some point this season and/or giving a pen away as he barges some forward out of the way.
But I love him. Bloody brilliant & has us playing far higher up the pitch.
@Fenrir_ is no doubt right. Some ****er like Ramsdale will be official 'keeper of the year' - but I wouldn't swap Sa for any other keeper.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually think he will end up being in team of the year if he carries on as he is. A lot of pundits are recognising his talents and ability and that is clearly matched up to his stats. Even gary neville had said half way through the season he had been the premier leagues best signing

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Sa is a tremendous keeper - if someone has a clip of that take under his own bar I'd love to see it again - but we have to accept there's a good chance of him getting a red card at some point this season and/or giving a pen away as he barges some forward out of the way.
But I love him. Bloody brilliant & has us playing far higher up the pitch.
@Fenrir_ is no doubt right. Some ****er like Ramsdale will be official 'keeper of the year' - but I wouldn't swap Sa for any other keeper.
Spot on. At the end of last season I was gutted to think inevitably Rui wouldn’t be playing for us. Sa has made me forget he ever did.

Brilliant signing and that take under the bar yesterday was magnificent.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

'Although he is yet to be capped by his country, Sa has proven to be a more than capable replacement and has quickly become a favourite among supporters.'

My jaw hit the floor when I read the first sentence. Amazed he hasn't had a single cap yet! World Cup this year too?

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I was a big fan of Rui, but obviously Sa is a superb keeper and (for us at least) a better fit. I was wrong.

In fact after Norwich, I’m wondering how much we missed Sa in that game (not to save the goal, but influencing our general play.

I think he sets a rhythm with his distribution and pushes everyone 10 yds up with his positioning.

This in turns gets Neves and Moutinho further forward and we break out of that Nuno 20 style with a completely isolated attack and 8 defenders.

I think Sa deserves a lot of credit for our league position and we missed him badly at the weekend.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Absolute nutter, love him!

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved how Sa was ****ed off that he didn’t win. Great attitude, and a great set of blokes

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The togetherness in this squad is just brilliant to see, it could end up being a big part of the reason we do something special come the end of the season. It’s clearly not luck and the recruitment policy of “no *********” works. I can’t think of one player we have who is difficult or sulky.

For all the envy posters have of Everton, Villa and now Newcastle spending 100’s of millions we have something you can’t simply buy off a shelf.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely has to be knocking the door of being Portuguese No1 soon.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Assumes that Portugual play the same way that we do for a start.
They need to do themselves a favour and bugger Santos off. Portugal have the squad (maybe shy a top CB to partner Dias) to be winning the lot for years to come. Their depth is ludicrous, but negative tactics and baffling selection is killing them.
One way to start that would be Sa taking over from Patricio. Dias, Cancelo, Semedo, Neves all play with an aggressive sweeper keeper now.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to do themselves a favour and bugger Santos off. Portugal have the squad (maybe shy a top CB to partner Dias) to be winning the lot for years to come. Their depth is ludicrous, but negative tactics and baffling selection is killing them.
One way to start that would be Sa taking over from Patricio. Dias, Cancelo, Semedo, Neves all play with an aggressive sweeper keeper now.
I agree that their manager is gash.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Quality and depth wise they are genuine World Cup contenders. For them to be in the play-off to appear in the competition (and against Italy as well!) is a serious potential waste.

If the players are top level in quality and their attitude is generally top level (apart from Ronaldo, I can't remember a single case of a controversial Portuguese player recently) then the blame falls on the manager, who I think is a waste of space.

And Jose Sa should be their number one. On the current form he's in the top 10 goalkeepers in the world easily.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Portugal are underachievers in my view but even more baffling, particularly when you look at their players, is the fact they can be really dull to watch. Sa is an entertainer, perhaps that's been his problem.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
are Whitesnake back in the country?!

" David Coverversion" has lost his voice so he's turned to journalism.
I was sceptical of the Sa signing at the time I thought he had a glaring weakness of not holding onto the ball and " pushing" it back out to the oncoming forwards... he still does to a certain extent but the rest of his game makes up for it, he's been a fantastic signing and player of the season so far I think.

Back
Top Bottom