Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I’m having some of José Sá every day of the week.

Must have some legs if Romano has it and it may have been the plan all along.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It will be a good deal for all involved, Rui gets one final move and maybe our last opportunity to move him on for a fee, we save on his wages and get a keeper who will be coming into his prime, makes complete sense.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Portuguese don't rate him which isn't the best sign but we'll just have to see I suppose

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Makes sense. Almost feels inevitable Sa would play for us one day

28, coming into his peak goalkeeping years and would presumably be less of a strain on our wage budget than Rui

Easy to believe this deal could have legs
You wonder if we just basically net out at 0 on the transfer and save on wages. Use say a 2M wage saving on a loan with option to buy. Boxing clever so to speak.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wonder if we just basically net out at 0 on the transfer and save on wages. Use say a 2M wage saving on a loan with option to buy. Boxing clever so to speak.
I think you're right, this is the sort of deal we can expect this summer. Wheeling and dealing and thinking outside the box as Sellers said.

Big challenge to the recruitment team to make deals like this over the summer and finish with a stronger team/squad

Very big challenge

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly not an upgrade on our current keeper, but hopefully he’s decent. If that’s the first deal of the summer, the starting XI is weaker as a result in the immediate term, but a long way to go.

Can’t really blame us for accepting an offer if he’s set to leave on a free next summer. I would hope we wait to do our business until after the Euros as I think Portugal will go far and in turn add a few more pennies to the relatively small transfer fees we seem to be asking for.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think you're right, this is the sort of deal we can expect this summer. Wheeling and dealing and thinking outside the box as Sellers said.

Big challenge to the recruitment team to make deals like this over the summer and finish with a stronger team/squad

Very big challenge
Yeah, Rui last year was below average but 2 season before that he was above average. Sa being about league average would be fine for around £12M

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
48 clean sheets in 88 appearances in the league in his time at Olympiakos.
I know it’s Reddit but Olympikos fans describe him as rock solid, best keeper they have had for a long time.
I my just be looking for a crumb of comfort.

if it is Sa I hope the deal is done quickly, before Rui leaves, or Sa is nearing the end of his contract so that his price drops. Olympiakos negotiated hard over Podence.

Last edited:

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really aren’t that many world class keepers nowadays. Even the likes of Allison, De Gea have had off seasons.

England’s supposed number one also gets pelters.

I’d prefer Sam Johnstone over Sa but not fussed either way.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't expect us to hold out for £12 million. Hope that is the case if we do have to sell Patriko.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really aren’t that many world class keepers nowadays. Even the likes of Allison, De Gea have had off seasons.

England’s supposed number one also gets pelters.

I’d prefer Sam Johnstone over Sa but not fussed either way.
Albion want 20m and his performance the other day won’t have done his cause any harm

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the face of it, a slight downgrade, but hard to really calibrate as the Greek league is of a lower quality to the Premier league.

But I'm not too bothered by this. Sa needs to be around league average, any more than that is a bonus. It's not a high priority position for me.

If we can cut some wages and make some savings on the bottom line to reinvest elsewhere, that's fine.

I like Rui but at best, he's in the top third of the league, and I do think that's generous. A top, top level replacement would cost money that we need to spend elsewhere first.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not as good as rui overall but jose sa kicking is very good... Its so much better than rui.... Did Jose sa play youth football with benfica..

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Not filling me with confidence as Sa when I have seen him reminds me of a Portuguese version of Ruddy . Good at times but mainly average . Well if this is what Jeff is doing then I hope the other players we are signing are not the Portugal c team or Sa will be joining Marcal in the treatment room with a bad back . Having to pick the ball out of the net .

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If a keeper doesn't look good on YouTube there's no hope

But I thought Sa was OK when we played them. And objectively Patricio was one of the poorer keepers in the PL last year.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not based on last season.

Patricio was ranked 20/20 in the league on a few metrics.

Like I've said, I like him but it's hard to argue with them stats!

I'll argue with stats every day of the week! i think they are a load of rubbish tbh. Like i keep saying, there are too many variables and you just cant go back and look at them knowing exactly what happened in the lead up to things. I think the game as a whole has become too fixated on them.

Sa isnt even on par with Rui though tbf. Patricio wasnt at his best last year, nowhere near it, but we are going to struggle to replace him without spending big or unearthing a gem.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can Sa kick a ball? If so at least it'd be an upgrade in that area (distribution).

Saying that, Patricio has been fantastic for us, one of the best shot stoppers. Would be a bit sad to see another one of the Portuguese pack go, but I suppose I'm getting used to the idea of refreshing our pack - let's get on with it and see what happens next season...

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be unhappy with this.
I’m also not fussed about Rui leaving tbh

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think this was pretty obvious it was muted right at the end of the season, if rui is going, the inevitable replacement for wolves, with mendes would be sa

Back
Top Bottom