Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jonny Castro Otto

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
At his peak one of the most underrated players in the league, best of luck to him.

Anyway, that's apparently £100k p/w off the wage bill so Jeffrey, go and get Gaz his #9

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clever move, smash up a telly and get a move and nice bit of cash.

Great player in his day and (despite recent reports) a nice man from what I've heard so hope it goes well for him.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck to Johnny and thanks for his outstanding contribution to where we are now as a club. Brilliant servant (despite the recent disciplinary/behaviour issue which shouldn’t define or overshadow his contribution) and one of the best left/right backs I’ve seen grace the Molineux turf when truly fit.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish him the best for his career.

Absolutely top class for us in his prime, we were lucky to have him, certainly as a newly promoted team.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mr Consistent. Wish Jonny all the best, hopefully he can get some game time again.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
End of an unforgettable era now he's gone; rock-steady Mr Reliable.

I'll always remember with a big smile that beautiful ability he had to nonchalantly bring down a high ball with instant control. That cool-Castro thing.

Good luck Jonny and thank you.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a player he has been. Will remember him for all the good times and there were a few...

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So so solid as everyone has said. Hope he knows how much he was loved.

All the best Jonny.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was great for us in a team on that european run that will be remembered for a long time. However, has to be said, the ending has eroded a fair bit of good grace considering how sour it seems to be. As an experienced pro the conduct if what happened is to be believed (spitting at coaches, fighting youth players) is just unacceptable.
What might have been without those injuries.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The final member of the 'We've got Jonny, oooh Willy Boly, Rui Patricio and we signed Moutinho' song has left the building.....sad times :(

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute class player. All the best Jonny.
My thoughts exactly.

Sad end to his time at Wolves, but he was clearly a frustrated player. One of the best at his position in the league, IMO and then two awful injuries. Finally gets fit and obviously not up to the quality of the Prem anymore... but as a player that would be frustrating. He's already lost so much time due to injury. Not getting chances was probably doing a lot of bad to his mental state.

I wish him all the luck. He's more than good enough for the league he's headed too.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last one of the golden era team. Thank you for those great memories Jonny.

Found it strange that he played better at left back even though he was right footed.
Same as our highest-appearance player, Derek Parkin, and IMV the best left back/WB since 'Squeak'.

Thanks for the memories, Jonny. Thanks for fighting back after suffering two - not one, but two - potentially career-ending injuries and playing on for us. Thanks for the tackles, the runs, the crosses, the assists and the goals. Good luck at PAOK.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
Firstly, I hope he passes his medical successfully to enable him to take his next career move. Secondly, my sincere thanks for all of his efforts in the Old Gold for a couple of years he was very good for us and of course he was never going to be quite the same after 2 very serious injuries. Shame about the blemish at the end, but i wish him every success at his new club.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck, Jonny. Go and play regularly, rebuild your career and be a success again in Spain.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the most widely underrated player of the whole Nuno era. At his peak there wasn't a better LWB in the Premier League

fleck1

Reaction score
Think one of the most underrated players we've had outside of Wolverhampton, Mr consistent you knew what you'd get week in week out from him. Obviously injuries did for him the back end of his time here, one ACL is unfortunate but the second really put pay to his time here.
I don't pay too much attention to the end as if it wasn't for injuries, the club wanting him off the wage bill etc the situation wouldn't have arose or the story have seen the outside of the training ground. Hopefully he can move on with a fresh start and start playing regularly again.

hristisenas

Reaction score
PAOK won their group in the Europa Conference League (5 wins and 1 draw) so Jonny will be getting European football there

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My favourite player of the Nuno era (for some reason I love a full back!). Might be good tinted glasses but I think at one point he was probably the best wing back in the league. It’s a shame injuries got to him and it’s unfortunate how he’s leaving under a cloud.

Back
Top Bottom