Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jonny Castro Otto

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting how O'Neil didn't want to talk about his absence today reading between the lines looks like he has made himself unavailable for selection which given how the club treated him (giving him a new contract etc) after his two major injuries is really really poor form (If true of course!) from him!

Getting him out given how much money he is on and how bad he has been for a while now will be a struggle.

Think this will be a sad ending to his time here!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame with the injuries and what they’ve done to him.

I’ve no doubt in my mind that the Jonny of old would have shut Saka down today to the point he would have been hooked early on.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he turned out for someone else like Raul the other night, we wouldn’t let the good memories cloud our judgement with Jonny.

He isn’t good enough now, sadly.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still better than Doc
In theory maybe: Jonny at his peak for us was as good in his position as anyone in the league, genuine class. Doc's the better option now though; Jonny's legs have completely gone.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of having a good left footed player on the left, over a very good right footed player on the left, obviously subjective and allowing for tactics.
There must be data in training showing he's now behind Doc, in some key metrics that the coaching team look for.
Still, we shopping a different area of the football market going forward.
If you've got two young lads as first n second choice in AIT n Bueno, I don't mind a older head as backup to them.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a very good player before those two serious injuries. I don’t know what has happened, but it is a shame if his time at Molineux ends on a sour note.

we made him available last summer and he didn't want to go so he could 'fight for his place' (see out his contract).
I'd be surprised if he'd refused to play, but if those injuries have finished him at this level he probably won't get another decent contract elsewhere so he needs to maximise his income, or we pay him off.
No different to anybody getting injured at work and waiting around to see what insurance companies can sort out with contracts, but its always tricky with footballers who are deemed fit to play, but obviously cannot reach their previous performance level.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jonny gets skinned by every winger he comes up against since he came back. Doc is far from perfect but at least has premier league levels of fitness.
He really hasn't, Doc looks slow and lazy. Tbh neither are now good enough or rather fit enough. I hope Jonny gets some sort of move in January.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. He was literally the Spanish Denis Irwin for us before he got injured. Against any player I had no worry at all for him.
Absolutely.

In his prime, Jonny was one of our best ever full backs imo. Sadly, it looks like a move will be best for both parties.

A great servant who has been a great pro.

Whatever he does and wherever he goes, I wish him nothing but the best

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Johnny was our best full back in many many years, two serious injury one after the other have taken there toll and understandably so.

He needs a clean break why he didn't want the move to Spain which was rumoured in the summer I don't know.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'old Jonny' was phenomenal, my favourite Wolves player. 'new Jonny' post two knee injuries is not up to the required physical standards of the Premier League. A sorry ending, but I'll never forget how incredible he was for us in those first three years.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Johnny was our best full back in many many years, two serious injury one after the other have taken there toll and understandably so.

He needs a clean break why he didn't want the move to Spain which was rumoured in the summer I don't know.
let’s say he’s on £60k a week here.
let’s say he’s offered £20k to move.
£40k over 3 years is over £6m.
i wouldn’t move either!!

fleck1

Reaction score
It's sad to see what the knee injuries did to Jonny, what a player he was. One is tough to get back from but to go again soon after is gutting.
Like Raul following his injury never been the same since, but two of the great players of modern time at wolves.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's always hard to be sympathetic to someone earning a good annual salary on a weekly basis for kicking a ball about. However, it must be pretty aggravating to train every week, travel to games, and then when the guy you might replace goes off injured just get left on the bench, while another player lumbers about in the same position. I don't really know how anyone is judging him relative to Doc, the fact that this discussion is happening at all just shows that the squad is very thin in places. Thankfully Bueno didn't do too badly yesterday considering it's a tough test, he's likely to be the best option for two months.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of having a good left footed player on the left, over a very good right footed player on the left, obviously subjective and allowing for tactics.

Can't disagree - however it had worked well before with Squeak (Derek Parkin for younger members). However that's a whole different level up in class on anyone we have at present, but RAN has the makings of a good left wing back.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In theory maybe: Jonny at his peak for us was as good in his position as anyone in the league, genuine class. Doc's the better option now though; Jonny's legs have completely gone.
Should we send out a search party to find them? ;)

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Isn’t Otto a right footed left back? Dennis Irwin was too!
Jonny and Irwin both pretty two footed though. Doc also won POTS playing LB in the Championship relegation season IIRC. Although it was awarded to the least-bad player.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If (and I emphasise 'if') he has really 'made himself unavailable' for selection when fit, then Wolves should make his salary similarly 'unavailable'. Completely unprofessional.
You're right to emphasise 'If'.

I would imagine anyone refusing to play if fit would be in breach of contract, and his/her employer would surely be entitled to withhold salary.

Back
Top Bottom