Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

John McGinn

Could John McGinn do a job for us?

• Total voters

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The bloke couldn’t get in the Scotland side against Kazakhstan, no ****ing chance.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent British type midfielder, reminds me of Colin Cameron. We will be aiming for much better.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Wolves fans are up there with Newcastle and Arsenal in terms of entitlement and arrogance. Incredible the transformation Wolves fans (that I’ve seen) have gone through.

I blame the new posters, they were nowhere to be seen when the forum was chatting about whether Sagbo would be a good signing or not, now every man and his mutt wants to suggest players we should take.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
No one. Might get a game for our U23's. Anyway, surely he'll be off to join Grealish at the heart of the Barcelona midfield?!!
Ah yeah, I forgot Grealish and McGinn are the new Xavi and Iniesta.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not obsessed with Villa. We’re just obsessed with football and need something to talk **** about until we:
  • Buy somebody
  • Release the new kit
  • Release stadium plans
  • Fixtures come out
  • Something of interest happens
In the meantime, get used to inconsequential chat and try not to get too :mad:
Correct! We'll be blabbering on about the 2 European finals in the next couple of weeks, and if there's nothing to talk about we'll slag off the neighbours. Its what all football fans do.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame the new posters, they were nowhere to be seen when the forum was chatting about whether Sagbo would be a good signing or not, now every man and his mutt wants to suggest players we should take.
Glory posters aye we?

R

Ragnar

McGinn looks a handy player, we wouldn't pay what it would cost to get him considering there's no way he'd get into our first 11.

D

Deleted member 4184

Is he better than Neves, no
Is he better than Moutinho, no
Is he better than Dendoncker, no

We shouldn't be buying bench players, naturally you will sign better players and your current first teamers will drop to the bench.

He also has a really weird face, like the map of donegal

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McGinn will stay put now. He has done really well for them at that level. Might not look quite so hot when the Premier League comes calling. Same goes for Grealish.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's of the standard of player who got us out of the Championship in 2009.

Ergo he's of the standard of player who'll keep you in a relegation scrap in the Premier League.

Nowhere near the standard we need to advance

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its hard to say without first seeing how he performs in the premier league. My hunch is he's plain average at best. He's got a rocket left foot and a good engine but he runs most of the time with his head down and is not a great passer either. Those finer attributes mark out the better players and I think he's lacking a bit of quality in that respect. Anyway we will soon see.

D

Deleted member 3751

Its hard to say without first seeing how he performs in the premier league. My hunch is he's plain average at best. He's got a rocket left foot and a good engine but he runs most of the time with his head down and is not a great passer either. Those finer attributes mark out the better players and I think he's lacking a bit of quality in that respect. Anyway we will soon see.
Pretty close to how I see him. He's had a very good season, I can understand why Villa fans love him, here there and everywhere working his **** off (exactly the type McCarthy would have loved - and we would have loved under McCarthy). All that chasing and harrying might work in Scotland and the Champ but against better players with a better touch he needs to stem that 'enthusiasm' and be far more controlled with his positioning and when to press or he'll find himself getting caught out a lot and dropping his team in it

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty close to how I see him. He's had a very good season, I can understand why Villa fans love him, here there and everywhere working his **** off (exactly the type McCarthy would have loved - and we would have loved under McCarthy). All that chasing and harrying might work in Scotland and the Champ but against better players with a better touch he needs to stem that 'enthusiasm' and be far more controlled with his positioning and when to press or he'll find himself getting caught out a lot and dropping his team in it
You are spot on with your comments. I’m 53 and thought I had seen it all in football but last season was a revelation to me seeing what really marks out the top players from the willing grafters. As you say we were fed a diet of those players under Mick and I loved them all but Nuno has changed everything and the quality any team needs to go forward is apparent.

Last edited:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are spot on with your comments. I’m 53 and thought I had seen it all in football but last season was a revelation to me seeing what really marks out the top players from the willing grafters. As you say we were fed a diet of those players under Mick and I loved them all but Nuno has changed everything and the quality any team needs to go forward is apparent.
And what do you get when you have a team of top players who also happen to be willing grafters?

Man. City that's what. :p

Soon to be joined in the top 4 by....

WWFC:)

T

Torcher

Wolves haven't got the money or pulling power to take other Premier league teams' better players.

T

Torcher

Have I read this right??!!!

Sorry I was just about to edit it to explain further, but yes you read it right. As it stands Wolves aren't in a position to just go and take other teams best players, to do that you either need to able to offer Champions League football or the ability to offer players Man City levels of money. Outside of the top six, everyone is in pretty much the same boat.

T

Torcher

This in spades, **** is like a bad rash at the moment appearing everywhere, has never disclosed his Villatalk username, despite many requests, so we can see what **** he posts on there.

No one has ever asked me my Villatalk username, and if they did they'd be wasting their time, as I don't post on there. Even if I did I'm not sure what you think you'd find.

D

Deleted member 3518

No one has ever asked me my Villatalk username, and if they did they'd be wasting their time, as I don't post on there. Even if I did I'm not sure what you think you'd find.

So as a Villa fan you spend your time posting on a rivals site rather than the main fans' forum of the club you purport to support, really?!!!!!

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry I was just about to edit it to explain further, but yes you read it right. As it stands Wolves aren't in a position to just go and take other teams best players, to do that you either need to able to offer Champions League football or the ability to offer players Man City levels of money. Outside of the top six, everyone is in pretty much the same boat.

That's a pile of rubbish to be honest, you think if wolves went in for billy sharp from Sheffield or Puki from Norwich or even Lewis cook from Bournemouth we wouldn't be able to get them?

We offer a project and the chance at playing in the same European competition as man united and probably Arsenal. Also being able to play with the likes of neves and Jota and learn from players Moutinho and Patricio.

We wouldn't be in for McGinn, he's nowehere near what we're looking at but please don't have the arrogance to think that you're that massive there is no way on earth one of your players wouldn't see us as a step up right now.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So as a Villa fan you spend your time posting on a rivals site rather than the main fans' forum of the club you purport to support, really?!!!!!
And people keep saying that villa fans find wolves irrelevant

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you really have an affinity with villa? Do you attend matches? Do you live in Birmingham?

Or do you just join random sites, pretending to support a local club, on the wind up?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mixers falling out with each other on a thread about Villa, roll on the ******g new season !!!

T

Torcher

That's a pile of rubbish to be honest, you think if wolves went in for billy sharp from Sheffield or Puki from Norwich or even Lewis cook from Bournemouth we wouldn't be able to get them?

We offer a project and the chance at playing in the same European competition as man united and probably Arsenal. Also being able to play with the likes of neves and Jota and learn from players Moutinho and Patricio.

We wouldn't be in for McGinn, he's nowehere near what we're looking at but please don't have the arrogance to think that you're that massive there is no way on earth one of your players wouldn't see us as a step up right now.

Okay fair enough you might be able to go and take away the best players from clubs like Sheffield United, Norwich and Bournemouth, presuming that they're not also wanted by a top six club. But your not in a position to go and get who you want from clubs beyond those teams. And sorry it's nothing to do with thinking that Villa are massive, but Wolves aren't in a position to just swoop in and take Villa's better players.

I'm not sure why people are taking this so bad, it's not really a comment on Wolves as such it's a comment on the nature of the Premier League, because of the TV revenue, all clubs have money, so unless you're Man City level rich you don't really have an advantage over other clubs financially. For Wolves to be a position to start being able to cherry pick other Premier leagues best players, then Champions league qualification is going to have to be achieved, and who knows maybe that might happen in the coming years.

D

Deleted member 3518

Mixers falling out with each other on a thread about Villa, roll on the ******g new season !!!

Have you missed the point, the Mixer known as Torcher is supposedly a Villa fan despite spending his time posting on here rather allegedly than the prime Villa forum.

D

Deleted member 3518

Okay fair enough you might be able to go and take away the best players from clubs like Sheffield United, Norwich and Bournemouth, presuming that they're not also wanted by a top six club. But your not in a position to go and get who you want from clubs beyond those teams. And sorry it's nothing to do with thinking that Villa are massive, but Wolves aren't in a position to just swoop in and take Villa's better players.

I'm not sure why people are taking this so bad, it's not really a comment on Wolves as such it's a comment on the nature of the Premier League, because of the TV revenue, all clubs have money, so unless you're Man City level rich you don't really have an advantage over other clubs financially. For Wolves to be a position to start being able to cherry pick other Premier leagues best players, then Champions league qualification is going to have to be achieved, and who knows maybe that might happen in the coming years.

Why you posting on here rather than a Villa forum?:confused:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay fair enough you might be able to go and take away the best players from clubs like Sheffield United, Norwich and Bournemouth, presuming that they're not also wanted by a top six club. But your not in a position to go and get who you want from clubs beyond those teams.
So now your saying villa are above those clubs mentioned?
You stated earlier Norwich were not far behind wolves?

Back
Top Bottom