Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jez Moxey - Stay or go ?

Jez Moxey, stay or go ?

• Stay

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Go

Votes: 28 44.4%

• Total voters

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we going to have a separate thread for every single member of the board, training and administrative staff?

Dave the kitman, stay or go?

E

Essex Wolf

What's the point of having an opinion when all you get is abuse from certain posters if it doesn't agree with their POV?

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I offer no comment so as not to sway the result.

Why don't you offer comment as surely what people say subsequently will "sway opinion".

Personally I think he does a great job. The problem I have with him is his image, yes he's a fatty but he's also not that great in front of the camera and his suits and shoes are rubbish.

L

luckyjim

Are we going to have a separate thread for every single member of the board, training and administrative staff?

Dave the kitman, stay or go?

Are we going to have a separate, freely expressed opinion from every single member of molineux mix on every conceivable subject important to Wolves in a genuine forum for debate?

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping he stays in London until the interviews are complete could do without him going back to Molineux at this critical stage?

Silly question really

M

Monkey Man

The fat man likes the sound of his on voice a little too much for my tastes, I'd prefer someone who also doesn't spin everything he says.

S

Swinford Wolf

Stay , he's a hired employee & Morgan's puppet . Would sacking him & replacing him make any difference ? Personally I don't think it would .

R

reanswolf

Good bank manager but not a good CE in my opinion - infact quite damaging for the club. Terrible PR and lack of understanding re. customer relations (yes I believe we are still customers). Poor track record where ever he has been.

Tight financial management is important of course, but he is overpaid for what is in effect a bank manager.

I appreciate others worship him, but sorry with everything he is involved in I do not see it as being beneficial for Wolves in long run, only immediate short term.

E

Essex Wolf

I'd rather see Morgan go than Moxey

I hope at this point you are wearing a flak jacket, hard hat, full body armour and sitting in a modern day armour plated tank.

You'll need to be after that comment.:D

Strats

Reaction score
I said to my wife (who knows absolutely nothing about football ... and has no interest in the game) that (apparently) Curbishley and Bruce had turned down the Wolves job and her response was ...

"Sounds to me like the chief executive is the problem"

:dong:

:stupido3:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone add an extra vote in the 'GO' category after all the effort T-Shirt guy went to outside the Billy Quiet yesterday ?

Also worth mentioning if he'd gone to the trouble of counting the number of 'hoots' and compared it with the cars which didn't 'hoot' then we could have a pretty damn accurate result for this baby ...

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stay. What's he actually done wrong?? What decisions has he been allowed to make himsel and himself only that have blown up in his and our faces that warrants this pathetic thread and yet another stupid dig at him. He's employed to do a job and he does what he has to very well.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great idea, maybe we should badger him to do a straight swap with the chicken breeders from hell, then you'd appreciate what cheap really means.

Exactly. Who needs £50 million to spend on players in 3 years when you can always sell your best assets and replace them with foreign loanees?
Morgan is an excellent owner. He's just mis-timed the sacking of Mick in my honest opinion.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is not the person or whether he has done a good job or bad job for the club.

It is what he represents.

A CEO of a smallish 'business' is not worth a million pound a year. It is only because of the way the game has been hijacked that this is in any way seen as acceptable.

Players' wages are ridiculous but they are a part of the game. CEO are along for the (very lucrative) ride whilst the other true part of the game (fans) are royally shafted to watch their teams. ( Moxey is surely a party to that at Molineux)

CEO at ALL clubs need replacing by competent general managers on a fraction of the pay.

Decentish owners like Morgan then need to really show how much they 'care' about their clubs (and game) by reforming the game with a view to giving their fans a true stake in their clubs.

On that basis I am in the 'Moxey Out' camp.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great idea, maybe we should badger him to do a straight swap with the chicken breeders from hell, then you'd appreciate what cheap really means.

Why is it that everyone on the forum has to go for the hyperbolic doomsday scenario? Don't like Morgan, well you could have Hitler for a chairman, would you prefer that??

There are more than two types of chairmen in the world, and not wanting Morgan does not mean that the only other option would be a Venkys-esque calamity option. What's to say we wouldn't get a chairman like Arsenal's for example?

Interestingly, we didn't see a similar type of argument with the mick out mob - "don't like Mick? Well perhaps, you'd prefer Phil Brown!" as if he's the only possible alternative.

Sick of the hyperbole here. Morgan is just as responsible for the mess we're in as McCarthy, and the blind revisionism of the rabidly anti-Mick brigade is really starting to grate.

E

Essex Wolf

On the subject of Moxey I read that he is now saying Wolves are about half way through the process of taking on a new manager.

Now baring in mind Mick was sacked last week then half way though indicates to me that by this time next week the new man may be in post?

So what's happened to the idea of having the new manager in place for the game at Newcastle?

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The spin master billy bull$$$$$ter should go now been here too long.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Stay he is good at his job and does strike me as someone who cares about the club. Also takes the stick he gets well.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Anyone who thinks that the club doesn't need and/or would be better off without Jez Moxey should just stick to reading their Roy of the Rovers comics.

D

Dewsburywolf

On the subject of Moxey I read that he is now saying Wolves are about half way through the process of taking on a new manager.

Now baring in mind Mick was sacked last week then half way though indicates to me that by this time next week the new man may be in post?

So what's happened to the idea of having the new manager in place for the game at Newcastle?

Sacked on the Monday (day 1) halfway through Saturday (day 6) therefore by my reckoning the appointment should be day 12 ie Friday, just in time to board the coach to Newcastle. Connor picks the team like Eric Black did for the Sunderland game against us for example

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that the club doesn't need and/or would be better off without Jez Moxey should just stick to reading their Roy of the Rovers comics.

I used to write some of the strips.

Do you remember the one where Roy 'accidentally' hit Rover's CEO in the $$$$$$$$ with a blockbuster shot from 20 yds. All my own work;)

E

Essex Wolf

Sacked on the Monday (day 1) halfway through Saturday (day 6) therefore by my reckoning the appointment should be day 12 ie Friday, just in time to board the coach to Newcastle. Connor picks the team like Eric Black did for the Sunderland game against us for example

If so Dews the new man has next to no time to get to know the squad and irrespective of how things go at Newcastle starts afresh with one game less to save the season?

R

reanswolf

The pro-poll for Moxey on here thankfully does not "appear" representative of what the feeling is in the city here, though i accept he has his strengths.

My view is he is a rotten 'anti-football' cancer within the club, his track record supports it. Having said that there are many who admire his "exploit fans, short-term profit approach" at the cost of the long term benefit of the club. His financial strategy in many respects, is responsible for the club being where we are.

Well thats my view. I appreciate many on here disagree.

Back
Top Bottom