Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I’m not even going to try and defend Shi but in fairness to this appointment Beale thought about it overnight and declined to speak to us .The question is what the hell are they going to do now ?
Will they go back to Nuno,will it be one of the others mooted or actually consider Dyche ?

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I’m that terrified of who this clown is going to panic appoint now that he may aswell just give the job to moutinho until this s##t show of a season is over! Beale was a big gamble so why the hell not?! Hopefully he will know some great coaches from his travels to work alongside him…. I really am just lost and SOOOO deflated with this whole scenario. From relief of getting shot of Lage to excitement of Lopetegui to the ok it may work of Beale to now literally having no clue!!! Please Fosun get this man out of our club!

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been shown to be out of his depth and needs to go now. No way should he keep his job if Fosun are serious about their investment.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun aren't going to put in a none Fosun man in charge of one of their businesses.

It's Shi Out= Fosun Out.

Overall he's been a success. But as with all levels of football, things go well until they aren't going well.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone has to go now. I’ve never really been one to go at the board unless things are really bad.. and I generally think we’ve had it good.

But when Lage went, we had an opportunity to contain our situation to the pitch. Lage was failing.. it happens.. new manager and all is well again.

The following weeks though have made this club look like it’s in crisis.. one public humiliation after another.. I am sure Beale has been a worm and gone back on his word, and Julen’s father probably is in poor health.. but it’s a failure either way, and certainly as bad as Lage’s failure.

Someone simply has to go.

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Sort it out or get out, Jeff.

Serious changes need to be made around here.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

This idiot kept Lage in the summer after it was clear the Benfica dip had been repeated last season at Wolves and Lage couldn’t turn it around.

This idiot fired Lage believing that his golden boy Lopetegui was about to become available, only to find he turns him down for family reasons that even the press were reporting before he flew out.

This idiot scouted a load of managers and then the press know that Beale was our lead case, only for Beale to turn us down.

He is an idiot when it comes to football. Clueless. He and Sellars should be fired before any coach is hired because I don’t trust either of them to make a decent decision now.

Amazed that a few are still backing Shi and Sellars. Incredible really. Luckily most seem to have worked it out now though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun aren't going to put in a none Fosun man in charge of one of their businesses.

It's Shi Out= Fosun Out.

Overall he's been a success. But as with all levels of football, things go well until they aren't going well.

Disagree. They can replace him with an employee or interview as they would do for any of their other businesses if those at the top were failing.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why wow? We have a massive chunk of the season left. We still have tonnes of talented players. The reason we are where we are now is way gave too much trust to a man that didn't warrant it.
The money we've spent hasn't been entirely wasted. We spend the whole time supporting this club running down everything we do and saying "ooooh, why can't we be more like Sheff United" or "ooooooh why can't we be more like Brighton" or and there really is **** all difference between how the clubs are run.
They have their manager poached, have the perfect replacement lined up...oh hang on a minute no he isn't anything like a perfect replacement, they haven't won a game since he was hired, and let's face it we would be rioting if we had hired him. "Jeff doing it on the cheap"
"Wolves only wolves take advantage of the Ukraine war to gamble on a guy with a patchy record in the Italian league"
There is no perfect candidate.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
I want everyone out other than Neves currently.

Sick of the sight of fosun.Sick of the sight of Jeff.Sick of the sight of sellars and sick of the sight of most of the players.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can forgive the Zenga appointment because of how hectic and rushed it had to be. Even the Lambert one. Someone to keep us up that year, and was swiftly moved on once a far better option came available.

But lets be honest, since 2020 Shi has made mistake after mistake after mistake. Not just with decisions but with the timing of them.

I've absolutely no idea where we go now. Whoever comes in is unlikely to fit the criteria of what this side desperately needs.
Bang on.

If it wasn’t for the Mendes link then Jeff wouldn’t have gotten any decision correct; I’m certain he wouldn’t have heard of Nuno before (I hadn’t) and basically stepped aside and signed cheques for Mendes clients that season who were literally some of the best players the championship has ever seen.

Any non-Mendes decision that Jeff has made has probably gone to the dogs. Appointing Sellars from within sooooo far up the ladder only strengthened his position because he got himself a lap dog happy to be there.

Get out the club now, Jeff.

Reactions: Ian

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
We are a complete joke we need better than Shi and Sellars running the club as for going back to Nuno i bet he is thinking they have gone for 2 managers before coming to me so i could see him turning us down

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll defend them when it’s unnecessary anc unjustified criticism, this isn’t.

You and your little lap dog @JOSWolf might think I defend them on everything but that’s simply not the case. You just both chose to read the bits that fit your agenda.
No post criticising them though?

T

TheConcourse

They’re trying to spread themselves way too thin. Too much happening inside the walls of this football club.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
It looks like nobody wants the job maybe just giving the job to Davis is the only logical choice as i dont want Bosz or Martins.I would like Gallardo or Tuechel or Poch but i cant see them coming here.There just doesnt seem to be any outstanding names out there

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage should have been fired when the ground emptied v Brighton, that performance should have told the board these players have given up with this bloke.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was right to keep Lage over the Summer and right to dismiss him when we did. There is no ideal candidate given Tuchel /Pochettino don't see Wolves as a top 6 club.
It is simply bad luck that Lopetegie's father is very poorly and he wants a short break.
We can't help it that Beale wants to stay with QPR. It would have been a risk to appoint him and a risk from his viewpoint to leave and come to us.
Those of you blaming Shi for all the above need to get real and hope we now attract someone potentially good who can move us up the table and stop panicking. We are only 5 points off 9th and 4 points off 10th in the table. There's no magic wand so put your hope and support behind Shi and the Board now as they surely need it along with some luck.
Thanks Jeff

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll leave that to everyone else today!
Fair enough but that's why you open yourself up to criticism.

I'm sure every fan agrees that this managerial search is shambolic and embarrassing, so the stick they're getting is deserved. So, you obviously agree with that but aren't saying it. It does make it look as though you have an agenda because you post regularly and you're not commenting on this issue.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
-This idiot kept Lage in the summer after it was clear the Benfica dip had been repeated last season at Wolves and Lage couldn’t turn it around.
-This idiot fired Lage believing that his golden boy Lopetegui was about to become available, only to find he turns him down for family reasons that even the press were reporting before he flew out.
-This idiot scouted a load of managers and then the press know that Beale was our lead case, only for Beale to turn us down.

He is an idiot when it comes to football. Clueless. He and Sellars should be fired before any coach is hired because I don’t trust either of them to make a decent decision now.
There are numerous further points of failure to add.

1. Appointed Zenga and Lambert.
  2. Sacked / lost Dalrymple and Thelwell, and replaced them with Scott Sellars and Matt Wild.
  3. Allowed Doherty and Coady, two players at the heart of the club's identity, leave for a combined £25m.
  4. Overstocked our squad with floaty wide forwards, and never gave us the Raul competitor / replacement or athletic central midfielder that we desperately needed.
  5. Appointed Bruno on the cheap, stalling "the Project" in its tracks.
  6. (Allegedly) refused to pay what was required for exciting targets like Ruben Dias, Renato Sanches and Sven Botman.
  7. Spaffed £35m on an unproven kid who reportedly had a £10m release clause only a year before.
  8. Apparently lied about having his hands tied by FFP limits; an independent analysis concluded we had around £70m headway.
  9. Didn't sign Palhinha when he was available for a very reasonable fee.
  10. The numerous no-shows in the last few transfer windows, epitomised by missing out on Kieffer Moore on deadline day.
  11. All this, while putting significant rises on ticket prices for a regressive product.
  12. Signed Hwang on a permanent long before he had a reasonable assessment of his capabilities, possibly for marketing purposes.
  13. Has allowed the contract of one of the most unique players in world football, the "unplayable" Adama Traore, to run down to a Bosman.
  14. Had his pants pulled down by Barca twice regarding the Traore and Trincao loans, over the option to buy and the large penalty for us not buying the latter.
  15. The "legacy" fans controversy in the latest Ask Wolves episode, which further turned them against him.

To be honest, the only decisive public decision he got right was appointing Nuno, and I imagine Mendes did most of the heavy lifting on behalf of his oldest client. Besides that, I think the fees we got for MGW and Jota were good business. I'm really struggling after that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll defend them when it’s unnecessary anc unjustified criticism, this isn’t.

You and your little lap dog @JOSWolf might think I defend them on everything but that’s simply not the case. You just both chose to read the bits that fit your agenda.

Lap Dog? You are obsessed pal and as rude and condescending as ever on here. Congratulations.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like nobody wants the job maybe just giving the job to Davis is the only logical choice as i dont want Bosz or Martins.I would like Gallardo or Tuechel or Poch but i cant see them coming here.There just doesnt seem to be any outstanding names out there

Davis would be way out of his depth in my opinion. We need a proper head coach and not another Terry Connor.

Deltawolf

Groupie
Reaction score
In my view it was right to keep Lage over the Summer and right to dismiss him when we did. There is no ideal candidate given Tuchel /Pochettino don't see Wolves as a top 6 club.
It is simply bad luck that Lopetegie's father is very poorly and he wants a short break.
We can't help it that Beale wants to stay with QPR. It would have been a risk to appoint him and a risk from his viewpoint to leave and come to us. Plus QPR probably offered him more £ than he is currently on.
Those of you blaming Shi for all the above need to get real and hope we now attract someone potentially good who can move us up the table and stop panicking.
We are only 5 points off 9th and 4 points off 10th in the table.
There's no magic wand so put your hope and support behind Shi and the Board now as they surely need it along with some luck. Whoever we are likely to get now is not going to be a bigger risk or less capable than those already interviewed.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

2. Sacked / lost Dalrymple and Thelwell, and replaced them with Scott Sellars and Matt Wild.
  3. Allowed Doherty and Coady, two players at the heart of the club's identity, leave for a combined £25m.
  4. Overstocked our squad with floaty wide forwards, and never gave us the Raul competitor / replacement or athletic central midfielder that we desperately needed.
  6. (Allegedly) refused to pay what was required for exciting targets like Ruben Dias, Renato Sanches and Sven Botman.
  7. Spaffed £35m on an unproven kid who reportedly had a £10m release clause only a year before.
  8. Apparently lied about having his hands tied by FFP limits; an independent analysis concluded we had around £70m headway.
  10. The numerous no-shows in the last few transfer windows, epitomised by missing out on Kieffer Moore on deadline day.
  11. All this, while putting significant rises on ticket prices for a regressive product.
  12. Signed Hwang on a permanent long before he had a reasonable assessment of his capabilities, possibly for marketing purposes.
  13. Has allowed the contract of one of the most unique players in world football, the "unplayable" Adama Traore, to run down to a Bosman.
  14. Had his pants pulled down by Barca twice regarding the Traore and Trincao loans, over the option to buy and the large penalty for us not buying the latter.
  15. The "legacy" fans controversy in the latest Ask Wolves episode, which further turned them against him.

To be honest, the only decisive public decision he got right was appointing Nuno, and I imagine Mendes did most of the heavy lifting on behalf of his oldest client. Besides that, I think the fees we got for MGW and Jota were excellent business. I'm really struggling after that.
Great points. We went 4 years without signing a first choice defender, midfielder or striker until this summer. What's happened this season is the result of numerous poor decisions on and off the field.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be honest, the only decisive public decision he got right was appointing Nuno, and I imagine Mendes did most of the heavy lifting on behalf of his oldest client. Besides that, I think the fees we got for MGW and Jota were excellent business. I'm really struggling after that.
You've put all this on Jeff, and the reality is you don't know which of these were decisions by individual managers and which ones other than appointing Lage and the Fabio signing were Jeff. Lage wanted more wide forwards. Should Jeff intervene or stay out of the football side? Which one is it, you can't have it both ways.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough but that's why you open yourself up to criticism.

I'm sure every fan agrees that this managerial search is shambolic and embarrassing, so the stick they're getting is deserved. So, you obviously agree with that but aren't saying it. It does make it look as though you have an agenda because you post regularly and you're not commenting on this issue.

Totally agree with this mate.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be honest, the only decisive public decision he got right was appointing Nuno, and I imagine Mendes did most of the heavy lifting on behalf of his oldest client. Besides that, I think the fees we got for MGW and Jota were good business. I'm really struggling after that.

Excellent post.

Back
Top Bottom