Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance the bloke might get his head out of his **** and rectify the disastrous managerial appointment he made just over a year ago? It's pretty obvious where things are heading if he doesn't.

Alright to talk about growing the club and hiking ticket prices year on year (which is an even bigger disgrace considering the boring **** we are having to put up with) in order to increase our revenue but that will all mean very little if we're in the bloody Championship next season. Even if we stay up, finish towards the bottom end and you can say goodbye to our better players. I don't fancy another squad rebuild.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the problem is Shi is very similar to his manager he appointed .Out of his depth . Mind you Sellars is doing a great job .

I would be happy if after the game tonight as things stand with have a triple sacking
Can’t see Chairman Guo being happy with how the players that we spent millions on are performing under this clown of a manager.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the problem is Shi is very similar to his manager he appointed .Out of his depth . Mind you Sellars is doing a great job .

I would be happy if after the game tonight as things stand with have a triple sacking
That's the problem. We must have the least experienced senior management in the EPL by a long way.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed, all as useless as each other.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said on the Bruno Out thread, if we get relegated, Shi should go too.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Shi, Sellars and the transfer committee are just as culpable as Bruno, all of them need to be replaced
We are in a relegation battle and what worries me is that we don’t have a team who are prepared to fight,

goal scoring CF’s don’t come onto the market in January and why would they want to sign for a team in the bottom 3 or 4 anyway

Strats

Reaction score
The project must be well off the rails by now.

We have the players to get us back on track but only with the right manager in place.

Don't spend a single penny in January ... give the money towards an upgrade in manager.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
2 senior CB's and a reliance on a broken Raul.

Bruno is ****, but so is Jeff.
Nail on the head. Who sold Boly without asking the manager if you have to play the 2 youngsters do you trust them?

The chain broke when West Ham couldn't replace Dawson but we'd already sold Boly by that point.

Then to compound it by selling Dendoncker a central midfielder who could have filled in at CB too.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I was one of those who truly believed we are too good to be relegated. The harsh statistics show otherwise & we have to act now IMHO. If we fumble along until the WC, we may be in danger of scoring the fewest goals in Prem League history. Nunes & Guedes are better than they showing (aren't they?).

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see Chairman Guo being happy with how the players that we spent millions on are performing under this clown of a manager.
Too be honest will show me the type of leader Guo is as Shi needs to go .

Really poor communication all round during pre season and he will appoint David Platt if left to it .

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Our squad is chock full of players with no substantial scoring record in their career. Who is responsible for that Jeff?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve criticised Shi plenty in the past but I don’t really think he warrants it here.

Lage probably should be sacked but at the end of the day we finished 10th last season and we’re nine games into this campaign.

In my opinion this is the first real time you can sack Lage with justification.

We spent massive money in the summer. We bought in players that addressed areas of the team that needed strengthening and most were viewed as a coup for a club of our size.

Obviously they haven’t been perfect and another defender would’ve helped but overall our issue right now is not Jeff Shi.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve criticised Shi plenty in the past but I don’t really think he warrants it here.

Lage probably should be sacked but at the end of the day we finished 10th last season and we’re nine games into this campaign.

We spent massive money in the summer. We bought in players that addressed areas of the team that needed strengthening and most were viewed as a coup for a club of our size.

Obviously they haven’t been perfect and another defender would’ve helped but overall our issue right now is not Jeff Shi.
I think some fans want Jeff to be as emotionally reactive as they are. Personally I am grateful he isn’t.. but, I would ask what the hell he is drinking if Lage is still in charge next week.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more evidence we have to base things on, the more that those 2.5 years with Nuno look like a total fluke.

So much incompetence running through the club. Right now it feels like we got very very lucky and the entire thing could have gone very wrong.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some fans want Jeff to be as emotionally reactive as they are. Personally I am grateful he isn’t.. but, I would ask what the hell he is drinking if Lage is still in charge next week.
thats fair and well considered.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Agree, you can’t say that the board didn’t back the manager this summer.

The change that needs to happen foremost is Bruno. Replace him with a more experienced more savvy manager and I think we’ll see an upturn in results. If a better manager still struggles to get a tune from the same group of players then you can start waggling fingers of blame elsewhere.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi..is failing miserably.
This is what happens when putting a guy in charge of a thing that he lacks the necessary understanding of.
Was bound to happen sooner or later I guess..and now we are stuck in manure.
It is a depressing thing.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi..is failing miserably.
This is what happens when putting a guy in charge of a thing that he lacks the necessary understanding of.
Was bound to happen sooner or later I guess..and now we are stuck in manure.
It is a depressing thing.
And there in lies the problem. The management & board infrastructure are also responsible for this shambles. Until that's overhauled, the new coach will also find it challenging to say the least. Im hoping fosun take this opportunity to make some changes there as well.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone would know the answer, but where did our current medical team come from? Were they Bruno’s team or Jeff’s hires? What I can’t get my head round is both Neto and Sasa were kept on the pitch when they both clearly had injuries, would that indicate our medical team don’t really know what they are doing, or just that Bruno wouldn’t listen to the advice he’s been given from medical team? I just feel it’s been really notable since the head medical guy left, things have gone downhill in that regard. In which case maybe we’d benefit from a manager who can bring his own staff in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balance of the squad is all wrong and letting most of our experienced leaders go without getting in some experienced leaders, a head coach out of his depth. Shi is very much part of the issue in my opinion.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes it needs a complete restructuring. We need to be a little bit more independence from Mendes
Fosun is wasting its money on young talent being badly managed.
Neto Guedes Vintnha, Trincao , Hwang , Hoever and Mir have not reached their potential with us.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi needs to get the next appointment right after his last hire.

Back
Top Bottom