Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January window - other clubs

W

we8wba

You need to look at the bigger picture which many of you aren't judging ....

City occupy top
Man Utd assured top 4 place we'd imagine

Two teams from Chelsea, Liverpool, arsenal and spurs are going to make champions league, two aren't

Money from league position, revenue, tv money, appearance, tickets will help deal pay for itself should pool get top four

This is obvious weakness, they're addressing it even if overpriced with proven premier quality something they've been criticised before for not doing when signing foreign additions

Also eligible to play in CL this season

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Mitrovic to leave Newcastle. Good as an option off the bench to change it up?

Decent player but terrible attitude both on and off the pitch. We can do better for £12million.

And as you say, in 6 months time some clubs like Porto, PSG and AC Milan could face major repercussions if they don't balance their books. So the likes of Andre Silva, Goncalo Guedes, Andre Gomes could be available

Only problem is Andre Gomes plays for Barcelona, who I can't see having financial issues any time soon! Others are a genuine option though.

T

TornadoTed

I think Liverpool are just blowing the Courtinho money in advance. I can't see them spending that sort of money otherwise.

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
I suspect we will know Fosun's true ambitions when or if the stadium development is announced. But some excellent posts on this thread, lot's of food for thought.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sturridge linked with Southampton.

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some excellent posts, an absolute pleasure to read. I do wonder how many big clubs English football can sustain while there are four CL spaces are up for grabs. We have a big six now, is that sustainable?

The trouble at the moment is that clubs outside of the elite are there to just make up the numbers. It's been like that for years of course, but when that starts to translate into the way teams are setting up against bigger teams (see Newcastle v man c for an example of this) then surely that will start to be a cause for concern for the PL and they may then act........interesting times, of which hopefully we will be a part of.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another Liverpool raid on Southampton.

How many and how much money is that now?

Clyne, Lovren, Lallana, Van Dijk, Lambert, Mane.

So difficult for anyone to break into the Top 6 on a consistent basis when their best players just get picked off.
The thing is, all the talent Southampton have had and they were never top six. Will signing Southamptons best improve a team to be top four? Statistically you'd have to say no.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paper talk

West Ham have been told they will have to pay £40m to land Swansea defender Alfie Mawson :confused:

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huddersfield reported to have offered Norwich £11m for Alex Pritchard

Makes £15m for Nevez look a bit of a bargain.

B

Boswell

I remember when we were all wanting to sign him but that's crazy:confused:. Has he actually done anything noteworthy since moving there from Spurs?

Slothmonkey

Reaction score

My next door neighbour is a Norwich fan and I had the pleasure of telling him about the Huddersfield offer. His reaction was priceless.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton are interesting. Where has all that incoming transfer money gone?
As for us I've said before that potentially, the TV and commercial money in China that Fosun could obtain, would change the situation drastically.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Cardiff sign Yanic Wildschut on loan from Norwich.

Inconsistent but very dangerous on his day.

W

Whitewolf

Derby set to sign Cameron Jerome from Norwich, looks like there ring n ride bus is getting full, poor signing on there part

D

Deleted member 3604

Sánchez to UTD - £350K pw !!!! That would keep a L2 team going for a season. Just when you think this game cannot get more obscene it does.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
W
Derby set to sign Cameron Jerome from Norwich, looks like there ring n ride bus is getting full, poor signing on there part
Haven't they already got Vydra Weimann Bent Martin and Winnall?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sánchez to UTD - £350K pw !!!! That would keep a L2 team going for a season. Just when you think this game cannot get more obscene it does.
Having spent £35M when they could get him for nothing in the Summer .Mad .

D

Deleted member 5962

Helder Costa (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Stoke have failed to adequately replace Marko Arnautovic since the winger's summer move to West Ham United, while Costa has fallen out of favour since Lambert's departure from Wolves. Given that the Portuguese enjoyed his most productive Wolves spell under Lambert's management - scoring eight goals and creating nine in 24 appearances - he could feature highly on the Scot's list.

Thought this gem was worth sharing xD

W

Whitewolf

Thought this gem was worth sharing xD
He never signed helder , wolves did had nothing to do with lambert, if it was left to him we would have signed a donkey on the wing, anyway good look to Stoke, he will be telling them all about German football, he used to play for doutmand

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff sign Grujic from Liverpool on loan. Decent signing for them.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds sign Forshaw from Mdboro for £4.5 million. Good signing for them.

Back
Top Bottom