Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its clear who gives some of these journalists their info.
A man who is getting his CV out there, narrative and story out there as he wants it to be and massively distancing himself from the mess when he should be working fingers to the bone to get a manager.

It just makes him look even worse, the journalists know wolves don’t talk often so if they do their jobs properly they can’t report on wolves and affect their own employment.

Scandalous

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can we should be looking to get Brereton-Diaz in. Not sure how easy it will be as Blackburn seem to have made their peace with losing him for nothing in the summer and will stand a chance of keeping him if they actually do go up this year.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can we should be looking to get Brereton-Diaz in. Not sure how easy it will be as Blackburn seem to have made their peace with losing him for nothing in the summer and will stand a chance of keeping him if they actually do go up this year.
Agree....said that in the summer...he is homegrown.....Dawson n Brereton Diaz should be at the top of the list.....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm reading Jacquis comments as problem is with Shi or the involvement with Fosun/money.....equally as likely as Mendex
But why does she constantly pull up mendes players....trincao , guedes , a couple of season ago it was Giles is s better than rayan Ait Nouri....... nobody disagrees entirely with some of her arguments but there is no balance ....it's anti Jorge .....and she never mentions hwang, donk , kaledjic, hoever all the players purchased outside the mendes circle ...the agenda is Jorge im afraid ....

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But why does she constantly pull up mendes players....trincao , guedes , a couple of season ago it was Giles is s better than rayan Ait Nouri....... nobody disagrees entirely with some of her arguments but there is no balance ....it's anti Jorge .....and she never mentions hwang, donk , kaledjic, hoever all the players purchased outside the mendes circle ...the agenda is Jorge im afraid ....
It’s also hilarious that she thinks Mendes is leading our manager search because lopetegui aside the candidates have Sellars fingerprints all over them.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I will be doing this week is putting Ivan Toney straight back in my fantasy team. Might even be worth captaining him over Haaland, thats how bad we are
How did this work out for your FPL team? Haha.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s also hilarious that she thinks Mendes is leading our manager search because lopetegui aside the candidates have Sellars fingerprints all over them.
As I say no balance......we ain't stupid are we , even mendes backers like me....off course we need to edge or more away from mendes to a point , largely because we have tried all his affordable options....but this rubbish that we solely rely on gestifute clients is ridiculous...it's plays a big part yes......but it's not the only avenue Fosun have used ....Since promotion we have spent a fortune on non mendes players ....and nobody mentions it....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I say no balance......we ain't stupid are we , even mendes backers like me....off course we need to edge or more away from mendes to a point , largely because we have tried all his affordable options....but this rubbish that we solely rely on gestifute clients is ridiculous...it's plays a big part yes......but it's not the only avenue Fosun have used ....Since promotion we have spent a fortune on non mendes players ....and nobody mentions it....
How can we not rely on Mendes .
The rest of the football structure is made up of top football pigmies. Compared to Mendes

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the next manager that will save us.
Surely if watching the Nuno regime told us anything it was that.
A well managed team raise the level of football well above any group of players

wyrley wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
managed to tune in to highlights of hull blackburn earlier and Brererton Diaz is exactly what we need up top - thinks he is worth the risk in Jan

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Maybe mendes is now leading after the laughable attempts by the others? Perhaps we have to rely on him because often the alternatives haven't been all that great or forthcoming?

It certainly looks like certain journos are rallying around the old school British types as they are the ones who will drop them snippets.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KK

It worked out very badly for me. Even made him vice captain! He has got me quite a few points this season though, to be fair. I was convinced he would score yesterday!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the next manager that will save us.
Surely if watching the Nuno regime told us anything it was that.
A well managed team raise the level of football well above any group of players

How much a manager can change is very arguable. There have been studies of the top leagues basically saying teams performances are 90% down to how much they spend on players, leaving around 10% down to the manager. Arguable, of course. I think the 10% is too low - there are problems with measuring this kind of thing as top managers tend to go to clubs who spend more. So which way is cause and effect going?

Anyway, even if a manager only does make 10% difference, that's plus 10% more points for a good manager and minus 10% points for a bad manager. It could mean the difference between 50 and 40 points at the end of a season. Not to be underestimated, could be the difference between finishing 10th or 17th. And that's at the very minimum estimations of what a manager brings.

Looking at Newcastle, the team in 4th still fields 6 or 7 of the players who were playing in the team who were 20th a year ago. It's that the signings they have made have been 100% successes. As a major signing, Isak having serious injury is the kind of blow we think only happens to us. And Almiron has gone crazy. Though he's always highly irritating, maybe Eddie Howe is just a much better manager than Bruno and Davis? (and he's obviously a lot better than Steve Bruce).

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much a manager can change is very arguable. There have been studies of the top leagues basically saying teams performances are 90% down to how much they spend on players, leaving around 10% down to the manager. Arguable, of course. I think the 10% is too low - there are problems with measuring this kind of thing as top managers tend to go to clubs who spend more. So which way is cause and effect going?

Anyway, even if a manager only does make 10% difference, that's plus 10% more points for a good manager and minus 10% points for a bad manager. It could mean the difference between 50 and 40 points at the end of a season. Not to be underestimated, could be the difference between finishing 10th or 17th. And that's at the very minimum estimations of what a manager brings.

Looking at Newcastle, the team in 4th still fields 6 or 7 of the players who were playing in the team who were 20th a year ago. It's that the signings they have made have been 100% successes. As a major signing, Isak having serious injury is the kind of blow we think only happens to us. And Almiron has gone crazy. Though he's always highly irritating, maybe Eddie Howe is just a much better manager than Bruno and Davis? (and he's obviously a lot better than Steve Bruce).
And then there is the match up .
Nuno and our first 11 were a great pairing
Nuno and Spurs were not .
And I would imagine this squad and Dyche would be poor .
Always thought Solbakken and Wolves was a bad match up .

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe mendes is now leading after the laughable attempts by the others? Perhaps we have to rely on him because often the alternatives haven't been all that great or forthcoming?

It certainly looks like certain journos are rallying around the old school British types as they are the ones who will drop them snippets.
Many Man Utd fans are critical that the media are more protective and excusing of the English players as they are the ones who are giving them the “changing room” leaks over the last few seasons.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Isn't A.Traore allowed to make deals with other clubs from January?

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't A.Traore allowed to make deals with other clubs from January?
Yeah can sign for someone and join them end of season unfortunately, gutted cus even tho he's inconsistent with the end product he's still my favourite player and by far most exciting player we have

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should go for Saint Maximim or another striker central midfielder and centre half needed probably go for another winger too break the bank to stay up??

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We should go for Saint Maximim or another striker central midfielder and centre half needed probably go for another winger too break the bank to stay up??
We have enough forwards who can't hit a barn door without adding ASM!

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
She has actually said that JM does tha majority of the deals so even though the named players may not be mendes clients he can still broker the deal and benefit financially.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went with him as Vice and De Bruyne as captain, and with Martinelli, Trossard and Almiron all scoring, and a few others doing well like Botman, Trippier, Jesus and Saliba, it turned out to be a pretty strong week - 82 points. Thanks for asking.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
managed to tune in to highlights of hull blackburn earlier and Brererton Diaz is exactly what we need up top - thinks he is worth the risk in Jan
I think the BBD ship has sailed. I read somewhere that Sevilla are leading the chase. Suspect we'd have had a good chance in the summer but Wolves and sensible recruitment...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
She has actually said that JM does tha majority of the deals so even though the named players may not be mendes clients he can still broker the deal and benefit financially.
Mendes brokers 100s of deals throughout Europe....there isn't a major transfer involving any Spanish or Portuguese players , especially to the premier league that mendes doesn't broker ...too all clubs......he is the fixer that everybody uses , even when he doesn't directly look after the player......it's a normal practice to use a broker....that's the way football works...

Wasn't our agents fees about the 3rd lowest in the premier league last account....someone has to have this money....

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
With the delay in appointing a Manager we can’t do the same in recruiting a striker when the window opens.
I have no idea who but obviously we need a goalscorer but fundamentally a CF and not an inside forward or someone who drifts wide.I advocated Brereton -Diaz in the summer but it is probably too late now .I don’t know much about the foreign market but does anyone know of any viable British based players who might fit the bill.?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the delay in appointing a Manager we can’t do the same in recruiting a striker when the window opens.
I have no idea who but obviously we need a goalscorer but fundamentally a CF and not an inside forward or someone who drifts wide.I advocated Brereton -Diaz in the summer but it is probably too late now .I don’t know much about the foreign market but does anyone know of any viable British based players who might fit the bill.?
We should have followed through with our interest in kieffer moore.

Back
Top Bottom