Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right. However, in business and life, you just want to move on and will cut your losses. Done it a few times myself…..was tempted to start litigation, ( would most likely have won), but , what a relief when I let go. No more hassle and time to focus on the future.
Jeff might very well be in the same frame of mind with Adama……..let’s just move on.
Again, spot on.
My theory is that Jeff (and anyone else in a situation similar) will probably have a figure in mind and as Adama won't be fetching maximum monies now Jeff could well think that keeping Adama will be worth more to the team than selling for a pittance.
He'll also have future deals in mind and if he thinks Levy is having his pants down then Jeff may not do the deal for fear of chairmen thinking he's a soft touch in any future deals.

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Chiquinho!?

Link in A Bola apparently.

Winger from Estoril (the new Nani)

Last edited:

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho!?

Link in A Bola apparently.

Winger from Estoril (the new Nani)
He fits the description of a player that was shown around earlier this week, hopefully things are starting to move, although not the position I would like to strengthen.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Again, spot on.
My theory is that Jeff (and anyone else in a situation similar) will probably have a figure in mind and as Adama won't be fetching maximum monies now Jeff could well think that keeping Adama will be worth more to the team than selling for a pittance.
He'll also have future deals in mind and if he thinks Levy is having his pants down then Jeff may not do the deal for fear of chairmen thinking he's a soft touch in any future deals.
I really hope Jeff isn’t making these decisions. Why does anyone think an accountant would be able to make footballing decisions like this?

I work in the retail trade, would you be happy with me prescribing your medication or deciding whether to switch off your life support machine.
Again, spot on.
I really hope Jeff isn’t making these decisions. Why does anyone think an accountant would be able to make footballing decisions like this?

I work in the retail trade, would you be happy with me prescribing your medication or deciding whether to switch off your life support machine.

Just a reminder that Jeff said this last year:

“If you can say like Pedro Neto or Fabio Silva, I think they can get into any team in the Premier League, so it’s not really about age”

Given that Fabio can’t even get into Wolves team doesn’t that confirm beyond all reasonable doubt that Jeff hasn’t got the faintest clue?

I suppose he could always consult an guy who was assistant manager of chesterfield for 5 minutes 20 years ago (and who played for Bolton)?

D

Deleted member yltz11841

That’s good to hear! However he’s an attacking midfielder, a position we don’t possess… the opposite of Moutinho and Neves. So surely it’s a player in a position we need!?
Left winger mainly apparently the one your thinking of is a Braga player who’s an attacking midfielder.
(Same name/nickname)

Last edited by a moderator:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He fits the description of a player that was shown around earlier this week, hopefully things are starting to move, although not the position I would like to strengthen.
You’re looking at the one who plays for Braga on loan from Benfica, not the winger from Estoril

Have to say this feels like a loan to Grasshoppers waiting to happen as per Toti Gomes.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah I was getting excited then! A signing! But yes, a loan to Grasshoppers does seem likely if they bid for him in the summer.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, Jeff was castigated by many Wolves fans for walking away from the Botman deal. Lille thought they could up the price near the deadline, but Jeff didn’t bite.
Now other clubs know that he’s not a pushover.

BTW…..why do you think, even for a moment, that Jeff would bend over for a lowball offer? Would you bend over?

No I wouldn’t expect him to, but if he’s desperate for cash in order to bring a player in for Bruno and sate pressure from fans for a signing, then perhaps he would be tempted.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Ah I was getting excited then! A signing! But yes, a loan to Grasshoppers does seem likely if they bid for him in the summer.
Or even staying at Estoril for the rest of the season re ..Record Portugal

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im desperate to sell traore but if it's not for a cash deal that would allow us to bring in another player , then we need to wait till the summer....Jeff is right to hang out for the right deal......

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Steve Bull thinks we need a couple of signings this month, a new centre back and a midfielder.
I hope we do get one or two new first teamers to boost us in the areas needed, and to help progress the team.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Actually, Jeff was castigated by many Wolves fans for walking away from the Botman deal. Lille thought they could up the price near the deadline, but Jeff didn’t bite.
Now other clubs know that he’s not a pushover.

BTW…..why do you think, even for a moment, that Jeff would bend over for a lowball offer? Would you bend over?
Or perhaps Jeff, knowing nothing about football, under-estimated Botman’s value, which meant he wouldn’t pay the market price which, in turn, meant we lost our opportunity to buy him.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right. However, in business and life, you just want to move on and will cut your losses. Done it a few times myself…..was tempted to start litigation, ( would most likely have won), but , what a relief when I let go. No more hassle and time to focus on the future.
Jeff might very well be in the same frame of mind with Adama……..let’s just move on.
Understood. And agree 100% Been there. . But I think Fosun may not be so emotionally engaged due to their structure And they must believe there are other options than selling last minute to a low offer.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
We can keep debating Levy should be offering more,Jeff should be demanding more but the bottom line is, no goals and no assists at all this season. We're not in the A1 negotiating position.

A hat trick today would shake things up though.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can keep debating Levy should be offering more,Jeff should be demanding more but the bottom line is, no goals and no assists at all this season. We're not in the A1 negotiating position.

A hat trick today would shake things up though.
I'm not sure I could stomach knowing @Jay Jay de Wolf is having a defecation dinner

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed the A Bola article mentioned Grasshoppers making an offer in the summer

One for them perhaps?
I’m not so sure, a lot fans from the big 3 in Portugal seem annoyed that they’re not going in for him on social media. Must have something about him in that case?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Bull thinks we need a couple of signings this month, a new centre back and a midfielder.
I hope we do get one or two new first teamers to boost us in the areas needed, and to help progress the team.
I'm afraid bully is ****ing in the wind.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not so sure, a lot fans from the big 3 in Portugal seem annoyed that they’re not going in for him on social media. Must have something about him in that case?
Have you got a link to where you have read there discontent on social media?

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think i agree with you .. why buy him and then loan him to Grasshoppers when he is playing in a superior league in Portgal over the swiss league .. would have made more sense to loan him back to Estoril for the rest of the season

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think i agree with you .. why buy him and then loan him to Grasshoppers when he is playing in a superior league in Portgal over the swiss league .. would have made more sense to loan him back to Estoril for the rest of the season
Think I read somewhere that we almost signed him a couple of years ago but it fell through because he was going to get loaned to grasshoppers and didn't want it

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably just speculation but it’s rumoured one of the players available in a potential deal for Traore is Ryan Sessengon ( I know that’s a miss spell ). Could be a decent player for us if given a run in the first team.

modenawolf

Reaction score

Worth signing him just for that goal where he dummies the 'keeper and lifts it over him. Reminds me a bit of Cavaleiro with his trickery and physicality.

Broken in to the Portugal under-21 side recently and highly rated apparently, could be something in this.

Just noticed he's a Gestifute client, so I'd say it's a done deal...

Back
Top Bottom